What are you reading?

cosmicarus

Just started re-reading 'Kingdom Come', which really is (as the tagline says) The Greatest Superhero Epic Of Tomorrow in my opinion. A very big reason for that is the art by Alex Ross.

That said, I'll be picking up the third 'Runaways' trade today, so I'll probably move on to that when I get it.

How about the rest of you, comics or otherwise, what're you reading?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started re-reading 'Kingdom Come', which really is (as the tagline says) The Greatest Superhero Epic Of Tomorrow in my opinion. A very big reason for that is the art by Alex Ross.

That said, I'll be picking up the third 'Runaways' trade today, so I'll probably move on to that when I get it.

I'm reading Powers right now - great books, by the way. I am also currently dreading the release of the Wanted movie. Read the graphic novel to learn why.

On the topic of "Runaways", I found everything after the third trade to be a bit... flat. They still had the same "teen angst" flavor, just muted. Let me know if you agree.

I'm reading Powers right now - great books, by the way. I am also currently dreading the release of the Wanted movie. Read the graphic novel to learn why.

On the topic of "Runaways", I found everything after the third trade to be a bit... flat. They still had the same "teen angst" flavor, just muted. Let me know if you agree.

I will let you know, although I found it a little disjointed in the beginning, but I like the pace it's keeping at the moment.

How are you enjoying 'Powers'?

I will let you know, although I found it a little disjointed in the beginning, but I like the pace it's keeping at the moment.

It's really good. Easily one of the best comic series out there. If you haven't read about it at all, it's about a special devision of the police that deals exclusively with "powers" oriented problems. The thing is, they go about it in nearly the exact same way you see cops interrogating suspects on TV. It's both funny and a little unreal in places. You'll have to check it out to get the full story, which I strongly suggest. The story is by Brian Michael Bendis, who you might know from the "Ultimate" title line from Marvel. Good stuff.

It's really good. Easily one of the best comic series out there. If you haven't read about it at all, it's about a special devision of the police that deals exclusively with "powers" oriented problems. The thing is, they go about it in nearly the exact same way you see cops interrogating suspects on TV. It's both funny and a little unreal in places. You'll have to check it out to get the full story, which I strongly suggest. The story is by Brian Michael Bendis, who you might know from the "Ultimate" title line from Marvel. Good stuff.

I agree. The low point, I think, was the Young Avengers/Runaways miniseries. It was a stinker. Runaways really picks up again with issue 25 (Whedon's starting issue), but since then Runaways has suffered from the Whedon Disease; they are coming out reeeeeeeeealy sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I agree. The low point, I think, was the Young Avengers/Runaways miniseries. It was a stinker. Runaways really picks up again with issue 25 (Whedon's starting issue), but since then Runaways has suffered from the Whedon Disease; they are coming out reeeeeeeeealy sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I think Whedon and Bendis came from the same school of episodic writing.

Whedon certainly has a brilliant mind for arcs.

Has anyone read Buffy Season 8 yet?

I've read the first trade, and I quite enjoyed it. Although I really like Buffy, I'm not as into it as some of my friends, but I think that helped me enjoy it more - I wasn't going to be as critical. It really takes a sidestep from the usual Buffy-ness, but stays within the same universe. That's my opinion, anyways.

Has anyone read Fray? It's Whedon's slayer in the future epic. I really liked it. A nice self-contained story with some good changes.