What are you reading?

cosmicarus

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never read that. You didn't like it the first time? I read the Odyssey earlier this year and was really disappointed - I don't really know what I expected, but Odysseus was a jerk!

I liked it okay the first time, but it didn't move me. This time it did. What can I say?

Never read that. You didn't like it the first time? I read the Odyssey earlier this year and was really disappointed - I don't really know what I expected, but Odysseus was a jerk!

I liked it okay the first time, but it didn't move me. This time it did. What can I say?

Good lord, who in Greek myth wasn't a jerk? Whether arrogant, conceded or incestuous, (Oedipus, I'm looking at you. :D ) all of them were so unbelievably wrong-headed that it became obvious halfway through reading that something bad was going to happen to them, and deservedly so.

Good lord, who in Greek myth wasn't a jerk? Whether arrogant, conceded or incestuous, (Oedipus, I'm looking at you. :D ) all of them were so unbelievably wrong-headed that it became obvious halfway through reading that something bad was going to happen to them, and deservedly so.

"Rise of the Seventh Moon", the third book in that Eberron trilogy. I'm terrible about needing to finish what I start. And of course, reading and re-reading Mutants and Masterminds, Ultimate Power, Freedom City, and occasionally the Mastermind's Manual now that we're taking a few feats from there.

"Rise of the Seventh Moon", the third book in that Eberron trilogy. I'm terrible about needing to finish what I start. And of course, reading and re-reading Mutants and Masterminds, Ultimate Power, Freedom City, and occasionally the Mastermind's Manual now that we're taking a few feats from there.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently reading:

-Supergirl

-The Legion of Superheroes

-Mouse Guard

-Mice Templar

-The Umbrella Academy

-The Brave and the Bold

-Runaways

That's all I can afford.

This month I dropped The Brave and the Bold and LoSH. I've been reading some Action Comics and Teen Titans lately, but I probably won't start collecting either. Though I have been enjoying the Wonder Girl mini.

I am currently reading:

-Supergirl

-Mouse Guard

-Mice Templar

-The Umbrella Academy

-The Brave and the Bold

-Runaways

That's all I can afford.

This month I dropped The Brave and the Bold and LoSH. I've been reading some Action Comics and Teen Titans lately, but I probably won't start collecting either. Though I have been enjoying the Wonder Girl mini.

I am currently reading:

-Supergirl

-Mouse Guard

-Mice Templar

-The Umbrella Academy

-The Brave and the Bold

-Runaways

That's all I can afford.

Androids, political intrigue, and dry British humor. What could be better? :)

Agreed.

I picked up a copy of the first trade of 'Rising Stars' yesterday, so I've got that and 'Astro City' to read. While I was away I picked up 'Maus' and 'Hero', the novel. 'Maus' was great! I really liked the eay the story was told and interspersed with the authors relationship with his father. I really felt engaged by the main characters. I think I may find it hard to finish 'Hero', just because it's written for a younger audience and I have things backed up I think I may like more. That said, it hasn't been too bad so far.