[OOC] Irradiated Intervention

olopi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that unfortunately will miss :(

The Horned Dragon will attempt a Slam attack into Upgrade, so that's +2 Attack/-2 Defense.

At the current range, his Flight doesn't add anything, so it's a +4 to the Damage for Accelerated Movement

1d20 + 16 = 20 That just about hits!

So, that'd be a DC 29 Toughness Save, please!

As for his own save to avoid Damage from the Backlash (DC 22): 1d20 + 15 = 27

For the sake of the pace, I'll quickly do Bonfire too, who's gonna move, and then do a Distract.

1d20 + 21 = 37

Dragon can't beat that, so he'll be Dazed for a round!

IC posts coming up, then it's Adept again (and Upgrade's Toughness save)!

23 - Adept | 1 HP | Unharmed

21 - Upgrade | 1 HP | Unharmed, DC29 TGH Save

18 - Horned Dragon | Bruised 1, Dazed

10 - Bonfire | 1 HP | Unharmed

:(  At least you just barely avoided being Staggered.  I guess that's something.  I assume that being Dazed won't stop Upgrade from maintaining altitude, yeah?  Since the Horned Dragon is in the same boat at the moment.  If that's the case, then Adept hits with psychokinesis again. 

1d20 + 15 = 19

So, that fails by 6, which means Stunned and Bruised, Strike that, as Blarghy just reminded me, he's just dazed again, same goes for Upgrade

So:

21 - Upgrade | 1 HP | Bruised 1, Dazed

18 - Horned Dragon | Bruised 2, Dazed

Okay Soph, feel free to make a post describing what happens to Upgrade as he's attacked, afterwards I'll post with the remaining actions!

Edited by olopi

Okay!

Dragon is Dazed, he doesn't do anything

Bonfire's gonna do a Move-Action Feint: 1d20 + 16 = 29

1d20 + 10 = 27 The Horned Dragon just fails to notice it!

Then, as his standard Action, a Suffocate:

1d20 + 9 = 26

Okay, so that's a DC 19 Fort Save!

1d20 + 10 = 14

So, he takes -1 to attack, defense and Reflex, plus can only take one Action a round and moves slower, also has to make a check against DC 10 (which he passes automatically).

I'll get up those ICs, then it's Adept's turn again.

21 - Upgrade | 1 HP | Bruised 1,

18 - Horned Dragon | Bruised 2, -1 Att/Def/Ref, 1 Action

Okay!

Horned Dragon's dazed, so that's his turn done.

Bonfire's gonna move closer and spend his standard action to concentrate on the suffocate.

That means, a DC 11 Save for the Dragon

1d20 + 10 = 21

Which he, most unsurprisingly, makes just fine. So, I'll hopefully have posts up in a bit, but if not, feel free to already go ahead, there's not much to describe from either of these two.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I messed up my schedule, posts won't be up for a few hours, so if you're online feel free to already post

Edited by olopi

Man, between this and your other threads, it feels like Orokos has forgotten there are numbers between 3 and 17.

Sure you don't want to sacrifice something to keep it happy? At this point you might have to :D

Okay then!

The Dragon will do an Area attack, aiming towards Bonfire and Adept. He has quite a big area, so he can hit a cone that hits with a Damage of 8, so that'd be a:

DC 18 Reflex Save, then a DC 23/19 Toughness Save for Adept, Bonfire, and the Gas Man (gasp!)

1d20 + 6 = 14

Bonfire fails his, but he's got Half-Effect Immunity, so that's a DC 19 Save regardless!

1d20 + 11 = 13

Orokos! :argh:

Well, he's Bruised and Dazed, alright.

Now, the Gas Man:

1d20 + 7 = 8

Yeah, sounds about right to be honest.

1d20 + 8 = 18

Well, he's only Dazed and Bruised, so there's that. Not that it matters much, but hey.

This also means that Bonfire cannot take a turn to Concentrate on his Suffocate, so that's gone too.

Also, everyone gets 1 HP for me adding in the complication of Fire potentially spreading to nearby buildings now!

23 - Adept | 2 HP | Unharmed, DC18 REF + DC23/19 TGH

21 - Upgrade | 2 HP | Bruised 1

18 - Horned Dragon | Bruised 4,

10 - Bonfire | 2 HP | Bruised 1, Dazed

ICs up in a bit, hopefully! And then it's Adept again.

Edited by olopi

Alright, with the Fatigue, his bonus drops a point.  Let's see what happens.

Reflex: 1d20+9 21

Toughness: 1d20+10 27

For this next telekinetic attack, I'd like to use Extra Effort to kick the DC up to 27, then buy off the Exhaustion with one of those Hero Points (putting Adept back at Fatigued).  Horned Dragon is attacking civilians (more or less) and causing collateral damage, so Adept is taking off the kid gloves. 

Toughness: 1d20 + 12 = 32

Orokos is a cruel mistress sometimes.

The Dragon's now tasted blood, so he'll do the not-very-smart thing and go on the offensive completely.

What that means is he'll use All-Out Attack to fully trade in 5 Defense, and then Power Attack to turn those 5 Attack into Damage. And then punch the big suit of armor already fighting him.

1d20 + 10 = 24

Ouch. That's a DC 34 Toughness Save for Upgrade. And probably a  small dent in the armor too.

Now, Bonfire takes issue with people having better Fire powers than him. So, he'll also do the not-very-smart thing, and activate his Flame-Form.

He'll then spend a HP to take another action, and send a Fireball towards the Dragon. He takes -4 for Attacking into Melee, so he'll All-Out Attack (as a maneuver, not feat) to make that -2 at the cost of 2 Defense

1d20 + 7 = 23

He hits! DC 28 for the Dragon

1d20 + 12 = 15

Orokos taketh, and Orokos giveth.

Not quite enough to get him down, but that's a Daze and he's Staggered!

(I feel a bad for Bonfire taking away the Agent's moment here :/. The GM's PC saves the day and all that jazz. Sorry :$)

21 - Upgrade | 2 HP | Bruised 1, DC34 TGH

18 - Horned Dragon | Bruised 4, Dazed, Staggered

10 - Bonfire | 1 HP | Bruised 1

As always, ICs hopefully up in a bit, but feel free to do OOCs beforehand if I'm not quick enough!

Edited by olopi