Deadbolt (OOC)

Give me a poke if there's any problems with that post. I figured that those actions were reasonable with Quickness 9, but if not, let me know.

Also, now that she no longer needs to keep Jack on her back, she's really opening 'er up and configuring her Reality Warping array to boost her Speed to Rank 9.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for reference:

Deadbolt has Speed 7 (1000mph). Im going to keep this a bit dirty / easy, so rounding up to 10,000' per round. 

He is using overrun to charge through a crowd of people. This means a straight line, so I am ruling only 1000' through the Mall. 

He has improved overrun and fast overrun, so nobody has the opportunity of getting out of the way. 

Again, going a bit dirty here; essentially with +4 to the trip attack from Improved Overrun, very few if any will not get bowled over. So Im going with twenty bystanders getting knocked over. 

They also start acting bizzarre!

So, Millenial mall is about 100' from you, and Deadbolt is 1000' into the Millenial Mall, ground floor. You have a bunch of confused and scared and insane bystanders between you and him!

Boy, better and better, eh? Echo should probably have just stuck to the coffee shop this morning, her day would be going much more smoothly.

Right. So, seeking more GM judgement: with Speed 9, can Echo weave her way through the crowd to reach Deadbolt, or are they packed too thick? And if the crowd is too thick to penetrate without bowling people over, could she use Leaping to just jump right over? (She has a long jump distance of 875 ft.)

The idea is to reach Deadbolt and attempt a grapple (her answer to everything today, it would seem), in the hopes that she can make him stop whatever he did to the people. If there's any problems with any part of that, let me know.

Leaping would certainly work - or near enough for to make it waveable. Wall walking too, as the crowds aren't currently plastered over the ceiling or shop windows!

So feel free to make an attack roll at Defence 15 (Ill go generous and say that Dead Bolt is Flat Footed by your action!)

If you hit, an opposed grapple roll: Dead Bolts is: Grapple Roll vs Echo 2: 1d20+22 41 ooops! A sky high roll!

ALso, touching Deadbolt is problematic! You are hit by an aura effect, a Confuse 10 (DC 20 Will Save) effect, with dimensional descriptor. (Of course, if you miss, that won't be necessary). 

Feel free to narrate your leap / wall walking + grapple (or failed grapple) + dimensional insanity (if you fail, or feel free to narrate some mind bending experience even if you pass) efforts! :)

Weeell, let's give it a shot. What could possibly go wrong, eh?

Echo's attack roll: 1d20+14 17

Echo's Grapple check: 1d20+24 28. Oof. A resounding failure.

Annnd...Echo's Will save: 1d20+8 18. Oh, that's just brilliant.

I'll just roll real quick to see what effects she suffers, if that's all right with you (purely for the sake of expedience, so I can work it into my IC post.) Confuse result: 1d20 16

Hm. "Attack the nearest creature." She just tried to grapple him, so would that be Deadbolt?

It would indeed, although it might be jack! (I will leave that to your discretion!) If its the latter, ill give an HP (rather arbitrary) for the bad luck. 

Although that would be next round! Post away, and Ill reply with Deadbolts actions. 

Edited by Supercape

Okay - Echo will use her move action to open with an Acrobatic Bluff. She'll use Skill Mastery to take 10 on the check, so Deadbolt has to beat a 32 or lose his dodge bonus for this round.

For her standard action, she will of course smack him with the bat, in the hopes that not actually touching him will protect her from his aura. She'll also throw in two points of Power Attack. Echo's attack roll: 1d20+10 25

That's +8 damage from her Strength, and I believe another +2 from the bat (her base melee attack bonus is only +12, so that should still be within caps). And another +2 from the Power Attack, so +12 damage, for a DC 27 Toughness save.

Well p137 has the relevant rules on mellee (equipment) weapons. I think we can assume a baseball bat is essentially a club (damage 2, mighty). Wooden weapons have a base toughness of 4, but I can certainly see a well made baseball bat with a point or two above that, namely 5. Rules actually seem a little vague on this - the weapon will certainly break, but what damage bonus is another matter. 

On balance, after a bit of chat on the matter, I think the inclination is to go full strength bonus plus 2 (damage of the weapon), although it could be argued. 

Toughness vs Baseball Bat: 1d20+10 20

So Deadbolt is Dazed and Bruised (I presume you are going non lethal!)

Round 2

34 - Echo - Unharmed - 2 HP

13 - Deadbolt - Dazed, Bruised

Dont worry, more complications around the corner! ;) I don't do straight 1 on 1 fights any more!