Deadbolt (OOC)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Base reflex rolls for two goons (+2 Reflex) and the Gasman (+8 Reflex)

Reactions against teleport: 3#1d20 13 17 10

So nobody even gets a shot in!

You can pretty much escape without danger at this point. 

There may of course be consequences to your deceit in this thread:

And if you wish, you might expand that to a bad reputation complication in the future (in that quasi legal Freedom City people like mercenaries, security guards, and bounty hunters will not trust you). That is something for you to decide of course, but if you feel inclined one way or another, feel free to give me the heads up and I will gently steer the thread that way. 

Edited by Supercape

That sounds like a potentially interesting idea for a complication - let me think on that some.

First off, though, Echo needs to rest off this Exhausted condition. Should I make the Con checks hour-by-hour, make them all at once, or just assume she gets rid of it? Because I don't know if there's a risk of interruptions or not...

I think you are reasonably safe so we can wipe exhausted state in a few handwaved hours; but your thoughts on two things:

A/ The Gas Man may of course go back to the coffee house - this might have implications for your ID, or suspicion of. The Gas Man might for instance find out whom Jack was talking to, and track down that person, unaware of course that it was Echo. 

This is a grey area and of course I absolutely am lead by you in how you want that to proceed, in terms of complications, consequences, and story protection. For now I will default to the Gas Man cant track you - but let me know if you would like things otherwise, and perhaps Hero Points or future complications. 

B/ Jack is not stupid and might, comic book logic notwithstanding, but two and two together. Again, this is your character and your decision. It does depend, I think, on whether you want Jack to be a contact NPC of Echo. I would presume that he is a decent guy and if he did know Echoes secret ID he would (normally) keep it secret. 

Let's see. On the topic of the Gas Man tracking Echo, my inclination is to leave that up to your judgement as GM. While I'd of course prefer avoiding Echo's secret identity being revealed to all and sundry, it being potentially endangered by a personal nemesis or two is fair game for the genre. So yeah - I'll actually defer to whatever you would consider the most natural-and-or-interesting consequences for Echo's actions.

As for Jack, Echo's effectively already revealing her secret identity by taking him back to her apartment and removing her mask. Since he's already seen her use her powers while in her civilian identity - while wearing a nametag, no less - she's decided that trying to keep her identity secret from him is basically a lost cause. So yeah, I'm fine with him knowing her identity - and sticking around as a contact - from here on out.

Bit of a brutal scene cut, I hope its not a problem, please let me know if it is. I have left it somewhat open as to whether you go searching for "da word" as Echo or Buffy (it makes no material difference to what you learn). 

You may wish to roll Gather Information DC 25 to learn his precise whereabouts, otherwise you just get the vague area he haunts (Greenbank and its sewers). 

For your reference (and mine) - Jack Longwheel. This may be a helpful skeleton if you want to buy him as a future minion etc, but of course its only what I use now for this thread (I am sure you can juggle around if you end up doing so). 

Jack Longwheel

Power Level: 3; Power Points Spent: 45/45

STR: +0 (10), DEX: -1 (8), CON: +0 (10), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +2 (14)

Tough: +0, Fort: +0, Ref: +0, Will: +5

Skills: Bluff 4 (+6), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Gather Information 8 (+10), Knowledge (business) 4 (+6), Knowledge (civics) 4 (+6), Knowledge (current events) 8 (+10), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+6), Language 4 (+4), Notice 4 (+6), Profession (Journalist) 8 (+10), Search 4 (+6), Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Feats: Favored Opponent (Corrupt Politicians) (+1), Well-Informed

Powers:
ESP 4 (affects: 1 type; Custom (Simultaneous), Duration (sustained); Subtle (subtle))

Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +0, Melee: +0, Grapple: +0)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +0 (DC 15)

Defense: +0 (Flat-footed: +0), Knockback: +0

Initiative: -1

Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

Totals: Abilities 10 + Skills 16 (64 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 13 + Combat 0 + Saves 4 + Drawbacks 0 = 45

Edited by Supercape

Thanks for working with some rather brutal scene cuts, hope it works for you. If not, let me know. 

Id suggest a few posts of banter just to break up the action a little, but thats your call. In any case, Jack will start to hear some more of the men (or women) he hears...you may at the end of the day wish to roll stealth if you want to sneak up on them...

Let's see - are they all minions? If so, Echo will just take 10 on her attack (assuming that's kosher), for a total of 24. If not, then here's the attack roll just in case.

Echo's attack roll: 1d20+14 27

Something tells me that the difference might not matter hugely! Eh. Anyway, that's a DC 23 Toughness save, plus Autofire of course. She's also got Takedown Attack 2 - if that's applicable here, she'll take 10 on subsequent attacks as well (again, assuming that's possible).

You can make a DC 15 Notice check: If you make it, you can hear one person coming, and soft mumbling. 

However, the direction is very hard to make out, due to echoes and the complex old network of tunnels. To do so would be a DC 25 Notice check (not to pinpoint, but to work out aproximately where it is coming from).

For plot purposes, Jacks ESP hearing wont help here (at least, not in the short / immediate term). 

Edited by Supercape