GM

"Oh yeah, you sure deplore violence" retorted Deadbolt, as the Hockey Stick snapped into a limp piece of wood. 

"Ever heard of Denial? Its not a river in Egypt. D'Nile...Denial...gettit?" he laughed with a strong flavour of hysteria. The cackle resolutely resounded around the shop, with several of the dazed customers stopping what they were doing. Including the young child trying to stuff a tennis racket in his nose. 

"Oh well. Violence is golden, as my mother used to say" he laughed, and punched Echo with considerable speed and force, straight  in the face!

"And now, I must be off!" he said, finger in air. "You are quite amusing, my dear. But amusing as you are, I still wont go back. Under any circumstances! I'm not insane! Haha! Haha!" he cackled. 

And off, in a blur, he zoomed...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadbolt's fist smashed straight into Echo's face, hard enough to send her reeling back into a shelf of merchandise, nearly knocking it over. Ow. Lights exploded in front of her eyes as she scrabbled at the shelf in a blind attempt to remain upright, sending tennis balls and rackets cascading to the floor. She tasted the hot tang of blood - from her mouth or her nose, she couldn't tell.

Panic started to claw at her gut as she felt the bizarre dimensional madness taking hold of her again. No. Not now. But already the world was distorting - or was it her that was distorting? Were her legs always ten feet long? Or was it ten inches? She blinked around, trying to remember where she was. "Did I...join a sports team?" she mumbled. "Can't do that...gonna miss work..."

GM

"Get a taste of my world! Mmmm! Like fried banana curry with a side order of brazilnuts in custard! mwaahahahaha!" cackled Deadbolt. "Enjoy the flavours! Its the only way!"

He turned, quickly donning a pair of bright pink oversized sunglasses, and sped off again, in a distorted blur. 

Amidst the screams and laughter and tears of the befuddled and crazed customers, and the shop owner pressing the alarm (the resulting cacophony just adding to the ambient level of madness), a voice could be heard. 

"There he goes! Heading north! Seal it off!" called two figures. One man, one woman, dressed in suspicious professional suits, with suspicious sunglasses, suspicious wires hanging from earpieces, and suspicious bulges at the armpit. 

"Call in the Gasman!"

Echo had the impression that something important had just happened, but damned if she could suss out what it was. Right now, she was more concerned with the tiny oranges giraffes that seemed to be dancing on her shoulders. She giggled confusedly. "Is this a new power?" she slurred sleepily. "Everything's gone all...bendy...giraffes...lift me up..."

A sudden surge of energy took her and at once she started babbling. "No thank you, Auntie," she addressed to a store mannequin that was either modeling football pads or dancing a jig, she couldn't tell. "No time for tables today, I have to go through the stars to the base, coffee needs to make a lot of me today. I'm an Internceptor now, you know, and that means that if you don't beat the jester the dinobots will just Mormon their way through everything. It's all because of the dumpsters, they think they can just portal you around however they like and the famous bugs won't stop them."

A tennis racket fell off the shelf and bounced off her shoulder. Echo kicked at it in irritation. "You be quiet, Felix, we all know what you think of corn muffins. I'm not giving them up for anything, my boss would kill me if I let anything happen to them. I can't fight him, his rainbows are too swirly." She then forgot everything she'd just said and stared dramatically into the distance. "The last pasta is here."

GM

Echo may have been babbling and seeing things, but she could still see the real world. Sort of. 

One customer lurched out, and slapped her face. 

"Take that, Mrs. Mudworthy!" she screeched, before leaving the shop 

A few of the other customers were slowly coming to their senses, to various degrees of mortification proportional to their action. One elderly gentleman seem particularly disconcerted about the bikini top he had adorned. 

The man and the woman Echo had seen approached the shop cautiously, and with some justified caution given the screeching alarm and the madness therein. They had pulled out tasers as a precaution. 

The woman also had a beeping gadget in her hand, which seemed to indicate something was active. 

"Where did he go? Did you see him?" asked the man, looking around the room. Clearly he clocked that some of the crowd were barking mad, and he directed his question away from them. Echo, covered in sewer water and wearing a tin foil hat, was one of those he did not make eye contact with.