Feathers in Their Caps (OOC)

Since I made the comment about "Batmanning" Nevermore's intro (which he would totally do, whether his mentor advised it or not), I'll roll his Stealth check. I'll be nice and say he's not using that Concealment Gadget of his...And I'll just roll it rather than trying to argue for a Take 20. 

Stealth Check: 30.

Visibility is for rookies. :P

FWIW I figure we'll just narrative our way through most of this unless y'all want to roll for everything. I'm lazy and am more concerned with interaction and tactics than outright mechanical combat. Besides, at most there's a single powered boss-fight at the end, the rest are mooks anyways. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, so we'll say Woodsman probably gets there first (because he was roof-bound already, sharp eyes, etc.). He finds a nice little "nook" area on one corner of a roof. They're about 3 blocks out from the base. Their current position should be secure and unnoticeable so long as they stay stealthy in action, at least for a while. They have good sight-lines on 2 sides of the base building, it's roof, and the streets around it. 

Said rectangular building was, at one point, an industrial warehouse. Now, it's halfway to being a fortress. No visible windows. Walls are solid concrete, or steel plates. They can see a large loading bay (with at least a couple guards posted in areas with good sight-lines, probably others they can't see due to the angle), a couple of person-sized doors along the long side, and what looks like a couple of those access door-booths on the roof (that lead to cramped stairways into the building). 

And a fair number of patrolling guards, both at street level and on the roof. Probably 6 on the roof, 3 times that many spread out over the streets, likely more inside. No turrets or anything (yet), but it's very secure and the guards are very professional. And no windows or skylights to sneak in through; they'll have to most likely either take the stairs, a door, or blow a hole in the walls. 

The men on the roof are spread out and not clumped up. 

Woodsman would get all of this by the time Nevermore will show up, and can relay it to him.

There is a visible route they could take, if they stayed low and quiet on the rooftops, to get to the base's roof without dealing with the men on the ground. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woodsman: 29

Symbiote: 20 1x Bruise, Stunned

Gunslinger: 15

Nighthawk: 11

Nevermore: 7

Symbiote is Stunned! It's super-effective.

The Gunslinger, lacking any other targets, takes a few steps around his woozy buddy and fires a couple rounds at Nevermore: 13. This guy can't auto-miss, but that's still not a hit.

I'll get a GM post up here in a minute, then it's Alderwitch's turn for Nighthawk!

Right, so that's a DC 25 Toughness Save for Not!Grammaton!Bale: 13. Welp. He's Staggered and Stunned.

Symbiote: 20 1x Bruise, Dazed

Gunslinger: 15 Staggered, Dazed

I'll go ahead and do Nevermore's turn:

Move Action: Get up in Army Symbiote's ugly grill.

Standard Action: Punch him! Attack Roll: 32. BOOYAH. I'm gonna add +5 to damage, meaning it's now a DC 28 Toughness, plus a DC 20 Fortitude Save vs Daze-only Stun. 

A. Sym Toughness: 27. Laid low by my pride, but that's still a Bruise.

A Sym Fort: 9. He shall continue to do nothing. 

Symbiote: 20 2x Bruise, Dazed (Nevermore's Action)

Gunslinger: 15 Staggered, Dazed

I'll post IC after AW, then it'll be Woodsman's turn.

Hoo boy.

Symbiote DC 31 Toughness Save: 21. So he is also Staggered and Dazed.

Symbiote: 20 2x Bruise, Staggered, Dazed (Woodsman's Action)

Gunslinger: 15 Staggered, Dazed (Nighthawk's Action)

STUNLOCKS FOR EVERYONE!

Nighthawk is up in Init!

• 2 weeks later...

Gunslinger has no actual Bruises, so he's not taking a negative, but still...

Toughness Save: 14. And he's outta there! 

Symbiote: 20 2x Bruise, Staggered, Dazed (Woodsman's Action)

Gunslinger: 15 Staggered, Dazed (Nighthawk's Action) Unconscious.

Nevermore's turn. He attacks Symbiote Dude again. Punches! Electric punches! 

Unarmed Attack: 30. That'll hit!

Symbiote Toughness Save vs DC 23 Toughness: 18. As he's Staggered, he's also out!

After my IC we'll drop out of initiative, but I'll say it's still AA's "turn" at that point, albeit without the 6-second action window!