An Assimian & You & Me

Ari

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endeavor: the sciencemans Will save: 7 Darnit.

Volt's Intimidation check with the same message(+2 as well): 32

Uh...well, the Ghost Touchers can't possibly beat that, so I guess they all run. They head for the Hanger & Garage segment.

Facsimile: the Ghost Shooters' attack with super-ice guns! Linked Nullify(fire/heat effects and Snare(Affects Insubstantial 2). Attack rolls: 25, 8, 24, 20, 10, 14

So four hits. But I'm ruling you only need to roll once because these folks are Minions, after all. DC16 Reflex save vs. Entanglement/Bound and a DC16 Power check to retain your current form(though wouldn't it be a thing if Alex just shifted to ice...).

From here Sakurako can sabotage the fuel cells, prepare a very nice looking amphibious VTOL aircraft for launch, and set it all so there's no guessing when the place comes down. 

She also realizes that places like this often needed access to nearby urban areas, and the readouts have what look like a very old map of the area, which has a small city on it labeled "BED-WIS".

This thing is right under Bedlam City, Wisconsin.

If she destroys the place entirely then there's the risk she'll do real damage to the city above. But the map could be so out of date that this isn't a factor.

And if she doesn't obliterate the place completely, these people might just come back and rebuild all over again, no matter what safeguards are put up to stop them.

Odd that's being mentioned as I didn't choose the "destroy the complex" option. I was going with the EMP option.

I'm gonna set back all their research. I'm gonna destroy their data. I'm going to brick every bit of tech. The loss of research data is far more disastrous than the loss of the complex. I'm gonna make sure they can't transmit either.

Thing is, I don't know where I can pull this off or how. Or at the very least what I'll need to roll to get my plans underway.

Edited by The Sailor

Son of a bastard I'm sorry Sailor, that was my mixed-up brain at work.

Anyway, considering an EMP is just a burst of electromagnetic energy, setting off a surge by overloading one or all of the fuel cells should leave the place pretty useless.

Sailor: the VTOL craft does seem to be the general goal of a bunch of the scientist people, but nobody has reached the hanger yet. 

Fire suppression is a smothering gel.

Exaccus: Yeah that sounds about right, go for it. Wih the addition of Immunity 5(Ice effects) and the Ablative Flaw on the Toughness, I'll say.

Also from what i remember it's slippery.

Alright, gonna slow those scientists down before I turn the lights off in this place permanently.

Then that VTOL is gonna be our escape. At least get us back to FC, then ditch it somewhere while we fly out the back. (I'm sure Exaccus' character can become something light so I can carry or he can glide back.)

What rolls do I need for triggering the fire suppression system in their area, and to set off a EMP bomb?

Edited by The Sailor

Endeavor can make both the Computers and Knowledge(Tech) rolls that would fit, so let's just say she does it automatically. Does she tell Volt to do anything?

Security cameras are picking up the fight with Facsimile and the guards, by the way.

Round 3

Volt easily makes it there in time for next round: 20.

So

Ghost-Punchers: Unharmed(x6)-GM

Facsimile: Unharmed, 2HP

Very smartly, they switch to their sidearms, Blaster Pistols from the Core Rules but at rank 6 rather than five because of GHOST SCIENCE.

Their rolls: four out of six hit, so four DC21 Toughness saves, please. I do beg your pardon. That Tradeoff in the Iron Form means that's five hits. 

Edited by Ari

Ex, it really works better if you make each save individually, since then it's simpler to track. As I see it that puts Alex as Staggered, Dazed and Bruised(x5), with the Ablative Flaw reducing your Toughness to +3.

Additionally, you could use Extra Effort to temporarily buy the Ultimate Toughness Feat and shrug off the volley. Or we could just go with Alex getting bad busted and actually needing Volt's help for more than mopping up. 

And yes, I know Extra Effort is supposed to be limited to the hero's action.

Ok, Ill reroll them all individually.

1d20+8=10

yikes! probably need to reroll that one.

1d20+8=12

So thats a pass with the plus 10 for rerolls.

blaster number 2 next.

1d20+8=21

and three

1d20+8=14 failure by 7

Fourth

1d20+8=23-1 for 22

Fifth

1d20+8=19 failure by 3

and lastly

1d20 + 8 = 21 -2 =19 failure by 2.

so three bruises/Injuries and dazed. by my reckoning.

Edited by Exaccus

Okay then.

Round four:

Ghost-Smashers: Unharmed(x6)-GM

Volt: Unharmed-GM

Facsimile: Injured(x3), Dazed, 1HP

Volt, having arrived, splits the attention of the guards. Three attack it, three keep firing on Facsimile. Vs. Volt(DEF12): all misses. Vs. Facsimile: All 13s(???).

Volt uses his zip-zap: 19 hits. DC23 Toughness save for the Ghost-Smashers: All fail. Combat over. Ruling Alex shakes off the Daze, both get to the Operations Room without further incident.