An Assimian & You & Me

Ari

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exaccus, make me Notice and Search rolls, please.

Sailor, well Santos went one way to go get help, so probably go the other way. Right now it's just lots of cell doors. Make me a Notice roll, and a Wisdom check, please.

So, old place, need for larger avenues for maintaining the still larger infrastructure. As she goes, Endeavor spots a well-hidden hatchway that leads into the inner workings of the base. And odds are pretty good that stuff leads to the other, likely more advanced areas that see more frequent use, while being relatively unguarded and unobserved.

Long story short, Endeavor is now in the guts of the complex, there's clearly-marked signage to help the engineers who come down here, with Barracks, Test Chambers, Equipment Lab and Operation Hub the most notable and most dependent on all the stuff Endeavor currently has access to.

Wagering the barracks are gonna be teeming with guards and being in the test chamber is bad news, the Equipment Lab might be an option as Sakurako needs to at least buy herself taking one square hit in the chest.

Should I just edit my recent post IC to include what I do next?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry people!

Sailor, will give a description in the next GM post.

Exaccus: Given that he just got these powers, Alex has trouble parsing the layout of the facility around him but zeroes in on some very useful, if limited, information.

Grab some stuff and get your stuff back! This room, for simplicity's sake, gives you access to three extra Easy-to-Lose Devices up to rank 4, with whatever Powers you like, for the duration of this thread.

Maybe something that messes with electricity/controls electronics to open doors, or magnetism to bring the fan and vent down on the technicians' heads(they have helmets, they'll be just fine), or a short-range space-warper to just walk into the room.

The warping sounds like a bad idea as it'll open me to those two well equipped guards in the room. I'll have to write these things up.

Gadget 1: Warp Trigger - A hand-held device that allows the user to jump past walls and other obstacles. Perfect for theft.

Device 4 (Warp Trigger, 20PP Container; Easy to Lose) [12 PP] Technology

Teleport 5 (Warp Shunt; Accurate, Unreliable (5 uses), Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Progression Mass(6), Turnabout) [20PP] Technology, 500ft range Move Action, 5 Mile Full Action, 10,000 pound capacity

Gadget 2: Mag-tether - A hand-held device that creates a electromagnetic field that can either pull up the user or be reversed to pull with prodigous strength to the user or in a direction.

Device 4 (Mag-tether, 20PP Container; Easy to lose) [12 PP] Technology

Super-Strength 9 (Maglift; Range(90 ft), Unreliable (5 uses), 2 Alternate Powers) [20PP] Technology, Magnetism

Super Movement: Slow-Fall (Mag-Levitation) [1 PP] Technology, Magnetism

Super Movement: Swinging (Mag-tether) [1 PP] Technology, Magnetism

Gadget 3: Security Distruptor - A Hand-held device that projects a high-level, directed EMP pulse that disrupts security systems.

Device 4 (Security Disruptor, 20PP Container; Easy-to-lose) [12 PP] Technology, Magnetic

Dazzle (All Visual) 10 (Visual Disruptor; Poison, Limited: Technology, Range: Touch) [10PP] Technology, Magnetic

Nullify (All Technology Powers) 10 (Computer Disruptor; Range: Touch) [10PP] Technology, Magnetic

The whole goal is to get to my suit and wand of course.

Edited by The Sailor

Here is my plan.

Snag the three gadgets in the frontal room. Use the mag-tether to slam the fan on to the two guys in the room. Then blink in with the Warp-Trigger, snag my suit and wand, using the Security Disruptor to deactivate any security alarms and to get the doors open. More than likely I'll have to abandon the Security Disruptor as it'll be my ticket out of the lab, but I'll still have the Warp-Trigger. I can dump the Mag-Tether as the EM-Wand has a similar effect (and my offensive capabilities). Of course the mag tether I'll be sure to destroy to make sure that doesn't get into enemy hands. ;)

Edited by The Sailor

Ok!

Fortitude save

1d20+6=23

Haha!

Concentration check

1d20+8=9

HPing it i dont think i can fail but heres a roll!

1d20+8=15 +10 for 25

Here is the allocation i would like

Damage 8 ("Blazing touch"; Drawback: Full Power)[7pp]

Flight 1 (10mph 100ft a round)[2pp]

Force Field 6 ("Burning Corona")[6pp]

Insubstantial 3("Flame Form")[15pp]

though feel free to change anything.

Edited by Exaccus
Adding Mimicry Allocation

Sailor, that is indeed possible, and in using that part of the system learn that there are several other "turrets" with various effects in the other chambers. Only one other is active, maintaining a stasis field around some kind of energy life-form dubbed "Subject 00002".

Exaccus, the Full Power Drawback is disallowed by House Rules, so instead I decree that it has Inaccurate(-2 to Attack rolls). Both of you get a HP for getting this far with minimal alert-causing.

GM post shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Exaccus, Sailor, what now? You've got the head of whoever was in charge of trying to figure out Facsimile's powers, odds are good Sanchez has gotten the word out that there's been an accident in the cells and is leading a team to help Wu get out of the door he left open. There's somebody else also being picked on by Ghostworks, and the security teams and defence measures are handling the problems of each other.

So, what next?