Recruitment for High Octane Action!

Exaccus

So based on some discussion in chat with supercape and others I think I've come up with a fairly simple but hopefully engaging idea for a thread that will feature some social and technological aspects and indirect antagonism along with some combat here and there.

anyone interested?

As always, I am always interesting in new threads.

So, if you feel Bonfire works for the thread count me in, unless somebody has a PC that had a lot less action than him recently, in which case feel free to give them priority

And if he doesn't work, then just ignore this :D

Cool I'm glad to see such interest! Three questions I need to ask you all.

Would your character be willing/able/wanting to travel to a technology expo and if so how far?

Would  you be interested in a bit of houseruling mechanics for something that rarely comes up?

And most importantly, are you OK with rubber science because me am not the smarts.

We have room for one more so I'll give it a hour or so then going up the IC and OOC

Would your character be willing/able/wanting to travel to a technology expo and if so how far?

Yes, and pretty much any where in the world. Has money to buy charter a plane, and interest in all sorts of technology. 

Would  you be interested in a bit of houseruling mechanics for something that rarely comes up?

Rules are the map, not the chains. Whatever works best for the story. I am a rules anarchist, not a lawyer. My only preference is to keep the narrative flowing. 

And most importantly, are you OK with rubber science because me am not the smarts.

Fine by me. Bend and distort to your hearts content. Narrative first. 

-Serge (Net Fly) is currently enrolled in Freedom City's Hanover Institute of Technology to study Computer Sciences. He'd definitely be willing to travel aboard to a tech expo, especially a prestigious/well advertised one.

-As long as said houseruling is consistent, i've no problem with that! Besides, it's the GM's job to abjudicate stuff when the rules are being inadequate or unwieldy

-Rubber science is the comicbook default, even at its most speculative. Having said that, I'm pretty confident myself on my ability to BS some legit-sounding science stuff, so don't hesitate to ask me to work with you on whatever you have in mind! At the very least, I could provide some inspiration.

He would probably be interested in it, because while he's not a science-based hero he does like technology and what I can do for the future.

Probably doesn't have the money to travel somewhere himself, but he's a freelance photographer with ties to the media industry, so maybe some magazine had all their other people busy and hired him to travel there and cover it, as part of a team or alone.

Rules are there to make the game run smoothly. Sometimes, they don't fulfill that purpose. In cases like that, it's a GM's job to use houserules to keep everythign running smoothly.

So yes, I am interested. :D

Rubber Science is the best science for superhero settings. And I don't really understand most science anyways, so I'm very much fine with it.