Indiana Jones!

Barnum

I'm very excited to see this film! The Indiana Jones franchise had a big influence on me. This film has been in the works for quite a long time and I was worried Ford would get too old to take up the role again.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, though. Hollywood consistently disappoints me. I just want to see Indy punch out bad guys and run around in a jungle.

The only thing is that this happened before, the Alien Quadrility.

Alien: Freaking sweet, a new definition of horror. Never again will we think our faces are safe.

Aliens: Took an awesome film and made it even more awesome. This was one of the greatest films out there! (Private Hudson is the definition of awesome)

Alien 3: So and so in my opinion, not as great as the first two but still a great film. (Dillion is the best. He is the ultimate priest!!!)

Alien Resurrection: This is the biggest piece of *censored* I have ever laid my *censored* eyes on! This *censored* destroyed the entire *censored* Legacy of *censored* Alien films ever to *censored* the face of the *censored* earth! Stay the *censored* away if you have not seen this one!

Now, Alien Resurrection, which I refuse to acknowledge its lineage to Alien films, was made how many years after Alien 3?

Lets see. There are three Indiana Jones films, of which the first was great, the second awesome and the third not as great but still a nice film to watch. Now after a long time (I think the gap is bigger than the Alien 3 to Alien Resurrection gap) they release another! Do I even need to go on?

Lets see. There are three Indiana Jones films, of which the first was great, the second awesome and the third not as great but still a nice film to watch. Now after a long time (I think the gap is bigger than the Alien 3 to Alien Resurrection gap) they release another! Do I even need to go on?

I think you will find most Indiana Jones fans completely disagree with this assessment. I don't think I've ever heard or read a diehard Indiana Jones fan say anything nice about the 2nd movie. But there may be some.

Most of the fans, reviewers, and other interested parties usually argue about whether or not the first is better than the third. I like the third the best so far.

The Last Crusade FTW! :D

I'm with Barnum here. Also, a ton of movies have come out recently that have built on old franchises - Die Hard, Batman, James Bond. All of which, in my opinion, have been good. Just because time has passed doesn't mean the new films will be flops.

I am not a real true-blue fan of any of those franchises you listed, so I may not be a representative sample. But in in all of those (Die Hard, Batman, and James Bond), the latest movies are by far my favorites.

Alright, I love the Bond films, but I think we need to keep it a bit limiting on Sequels. Seriously, 20 odd bond films! Friday the 13th and The Nightmare on Elm street have a friggin lot of sequels/prequels. (Admittedly, i don't really care what they are)

Predator is a good example of movies. One film and one sequel, there you go. Predator was freaking awesome! (Go, get to da choppa!) And by the sounds of Predator 2, that is sweet! And seeing as there isn't much behind the Predators intentions, they wisely capped it at the 2nd film. Why would I want to pay 7 odd quid to watch another predator film when it'll be humans dieing one by one until last human kills pred.

There's also the two Aliens vs. Predator films, which count as sequels for the Predator series and prequels for the Alien series. I don't like either but if I had to choose I would pick the sequel. It comes off as an actual horror movie rather than an over-excited action flick.

Sequels and prequels race along the fine line between enlightening and sickening. Empire Strikes Back? Considered by some critics to be one of the best sequels in Hollywood history. All those silly Friday the 13th movies? Those were obvious money-grabs. The producers discovered they made a movie that actually sold well in the box office (and did remarkably well in the relatively new home video market) and decided to capitalize on scaring teenaged audiences with some dude in a hockey mask.

Sometimes sequels add to the story; sometimes they're just there to make money. Sometimes they're both. :)

Well, I actually think the second Indy film is the weak one in the trilogy.

I am looking forward to this new one (seeing as I saw ALL of the first three when they first came out). Hopefully I will not be overly disapointed, but I am still looking forward to seeing the movie this weekend.

I saw the film this evening.

I'm going to pretend the ending didn't happen.

Other than that, the movie was enjoyable. What can I say? I love the character and the franchise. If Indy was dropped into a zombie surf movie and had to fight Communist shark-people on a surfboard made from Noah's Ark I would still shell out my hard-earned money to watch it.

I'm still thinking that everyone in that movie has Immunity (falling damage). Sadly, I was actually thinking that during the movie.

I enjoyed it as well. It wasn't a great movie, but it was a good one, and I intend to buy it later when it comes out on DVD, just to add to my collection.