ToV: Darkness Three Days Long (OOC)

Thevshi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I am still moving towards the lighted-up area, and file another spectral touch at the shadow that attacked me.

Move Action: Get closer (on foot).

Standard Action: Attack a shadow with Spectral Touch: 1d20+14=23  Damage 6 (Spectral Touch [disembodied, shadowy hands chase the target]; Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Autofire, Range [Ranged]; Feats:  Accuracy 5, Affects Insubstantial 2, Indirect 2, Homing) [34PP] (Shadow)

uhm Wasn't nighthawk up before Warlock?  Not that swapping PC initiative positions are that big a deal but last init order I saw was

Round Two
28 Woodsman (Unharmed, 2 HP)
23 Sekhmet (Unharmed)
22 Nighthawk (Unharmed, 2 HP)
20 Warlock (Unarmed, ?? HP)
19 Set (Unharmed, 4 HP)
17 Waverider (Unharmed, 1 HP)
14 Choshech (Unharmed)
7 Ouroboros (Unharmed, 1 HP)
4 Animated Shadows (multiple)

• 1 month later...

Sooooo what needs to be happening here?  I can post Ouroboros doing a big dispel of the shadow things and make appropriate countering rolls as needed/desired if that would help things along or anything.

Or is this just a dead thread?  If so how should we treat resolution?  Hard fought victory, retcon happened on a day only NPCs were on campus and they deal t with it?

• 1 month later...

Alrighty getting this rolling again then.

EP Take an HP to have your action for the round pre-empted (just so we can jump this forward a bit.)

Choshech moves to roughly the middle of the quad though still airborne and performs an energy drain (Darkness Descriptor).  touch range Burst area fatigue 10.  So the usual reflex followed by fortitude, DC 20 He has enough progression everyone is caught in the area.

The NPCs in the quad all succumb and fall to slumber where they had been fleeing.

This will also function as an out for anyone wanting to step out of the thread or has left since we started they can either succumb or try to get sleeping NPCs to safety and go off screen.  

Ouroboros Reflex: 11

Ouroboros Fortitude:  23 (unaffected)

I'll give till tomorrow night to get saves up then post for Ouroboros and move us forward.

Alright Ouroboros will use his Magic array to counter the darkness

Ouroboros Power Check:  15  Hmmm not great.

Reroll:  32 That is more like it.

Choshech Power Check:  20

The darkness is dispelled over the central quad and just beyond eliminating the bulk of the animated shadows, Warlock and his imp head off to deal with the stragglers and protect any downed NPCs on the fringes leaving Woodsman, Nighthawk, Set and Sekhmet available to deal with Chosech.  To lower my overhead I'm gonna say Ouroboros has to maintain his dispel to keep the darkness from encroaching again.

Round Three

28 Woodsman (Unharmed, 2 HP)
23 Sekhmet (Unharmed)
22 Nighthawk (Unharmed, 2 HP)
19 Set (Unharmed, 4 HP)
17 Waverider (Unharmed, 1 HP)
14 Choshech (Unharmed)
7 Ouroboros (Unharmed, 0 HP)

Woodsman is up once I get my IC up.

Standard: Woodsman fires on Choshech - using his Dazzle. (Note that this is visual and olfactory). Not sure what range penalties there are right now. 

http://orokos.com/roll/434179 = 12 is unacceptable! 

http://orokos.com/roll/434180 = 24 with the HP is better! 

That's a DC 21 Reflex save to avoid being visually and scent-blind this round, and a DC 21 Fort save to shake it when that time comes. 

Move: Riley spends this one joining the other heroes. 

Sekhmet is going to delay to act at the same time as Set but I'll still get an IC post up. Assuming it checks out and AA and alder are on board the idea is still to have the gods temporarily empower Woodsman and Nighthawk respectively so that they're better equipped to fight an Insubstantial enemy. They'll both stunt off of their respective Deific Arrays to bestow an equivalent number of PP in Enhanced Traits like so:

Enhanced Traits (Extras: Affects Others [+0], Range [Perception, +2], Flaws: Action [Full-Round], Duration [Sustained]) [1PP/rank]

Power of Set (34PP Container)

Arrows of the Storm (23PP Array; Feats: Alternate Power 1) [24PP]

• Damage 6 (Lightning Bolt Arrow; Extras: Autofire, Ranged, Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 1, Improved Critical 2) [23PP]
  • Snare 6 (Sandstorm Arrow; Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 2, Obscure Senses 5 [All Senses], Reversible, Tether) [23PP]

Super-Senses 7 (Shadow Eye; Visual; Extras: Counters Concealment, Counters Obscure [All]) [7PP]

Luck Control 1 (Trickster's Luck; Force Re-Roll) [3PP]

Power of Sekhmet (19PP Container)

Enhanced Unarmed Damage 6 (Claw of Lioness, Fire of Ra; Extras: Penetrating 3, Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable) [6PP]

Protector of the Pride [13PP]

Leaping 3 (Rank 4 Total, x25[3PP]

Speed 2 (Rank 3 Total, 50MPH) [2PP]

Super-Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling 1) [2PP]

Super-Senses 4 (Accurate Auditory [+2], Acute Olfactory, Low-Light Vision) [4PP]

Super-Strength 1 (Effective Strength 35, Heavy Load 1.5 tons) [2PP]

Along with appropriate temporary costume changes, of course!