ToV: Darkness Three Days Long (OOC)

Thevshi

Actually AA, I messed up and skipped Warlock, so you can go ahead with an action for him DA!

But first I need to note something, Giz, you are getting a bit ahead of things in addressing Woodsman and Nighthawk, as they are currently nowhere near Set.  (At the start of the thread, Woodsman was in his dorm building, Nighthawk was in the athletic building, Ouroboros exited into the quad to meet Set/Sekhmet, as did Warlock.  I will say Waverider is over near the dorms/athletic building, as EP did not indicate where she was).  So for the moment, there are generally two groups, spread out slightly on campus.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DA, the darkness is not complete, but can cause a miss chance.  There are shadows that have formed all around the school, several groups in the Quad.

But, Sekhmet has created a circle of sunlight around her, and moved to engage a group of shadows and Warlock can see that circle of light, and the shadows that are exposed within it.  So there are three shadows he can easily see, and attack without a chance of missing due to the darkness (partial concealment).

Let me know if you have other questions.

Ok, then, fighting shadow with shadow:

Free Action: Quick Change

Free Action: Switch Spirit Summoning Array to Defense.

Move Action: Get closer (on foot).

Standard Action: Attack one of the shadows with Spectral Touch: 1d20+14=25

Spectral Touch is:  Damage 6 (Spectral Touch [disembodied, shadowy hands chase the target]; Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Autofire, Range [Ranged]; Feats:  Accuracy 5, Affects Insubstantial 2, Indirect 2, Homing) [34PP] (Shadow)

So, then. Aid Action it is. The plan is to give Nighthawk some extra Defense, but you know, if alder doesn't want it I can give someone else something.

As stated in chat, a full Accurate Attack shift brings Waverider's Vibration Control down to +4 damage, and her attack bonus to +10. So I don't have to roll to aid...whoever it is I end up aiding. alder? You want this free defense?

I cast Magic Missile at the Darkness!

The darkness in this case being a shadow creature betwixt us and the dorm/athletic building group and Magic Missile being the searing light of the moddrossus.

Free Action:  Activate Forcefield

Free Action:  Set Array to Eldritch Blast and Descriptor to Light

Standard Action: Blast 12 (Eldritch Blast; Feats: Accurate 4, Affects insubstantial 2, Variable Descriptor 2 [Any Magic]) [32PP] (Magic, Variable)   Descriptor will be Light.  

If minions I'll take 10 for a 22 to hit if not 1d20+12=18 Thanks Orokos Just what I was looking for...Hopefully minions then.  DC 27 Toughness if it hits.

Move Action:  Move toward the other group by the buildings.

Okay, sorry for the delay in this... 

First over in the Quad:
Each PC has a shadow attacking them (at -2 on the roll this round):
Sekhmet: Hit with a 18, a DC 25 toughness save.
Set: hit with a 23, DC 25 toughness save.
Ouroboros: hit with a 25, also a DC 25 toughness save.
Warlock: Also hit with a 25, another DC 25 toughness save.
Some other shadows go after other students still in the Quad.

Over in the Gardens/Grounds:
Woodsman: missed with a 21.
Nighthawk has two on her (against one her defense is +2): both miss with a 14 and 17.
Waverider: Misses with a 12.
Again there are shadows going after other students in the area.

Well, that was an odd result.  So, after toughness saves, we are on to:

Round Two
28 Woodsman (Unharmed, 2 HP)
23 Sekhmet (Unharmed)
22 Nighthawk (Unharmed, 2 HP)
20 Warlock (Unarmed, ?? HP)
19 Set (Unharmed, 4 HP)
17 Waverider (Unharmed, 1 HP)
14 Choshech (Unharmed)
7 Ouroboros (Unharmed, 1 HP)
4 Animated Shadows (multiple)