ToV: Darkness Three Days Long (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to make one more quick IC post they can. 

Otherwise need initiative checks and notice rolls (the later will be tough for everyone but Set).  If I missed someone's ability to see through darkness (with powers, not equipment), let me know!

Ouroboros hits a 20 Notice with skill mastery.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7 I am not fast.

Potential Power stunt on Vampire Array - Planning to hold off on it till a dramatically appropriate moment but wanted to get my ideas down for discussion/approval

Night Hunter Container 10PP container

Super Senses 2(Counters Obfuscate: Visual-Darkness)  [2PP]

Super Movement 2(Wall Crawling 2) [4PP]

Enhanced Skills 4(Notice 5, Stealth 5, Survival 6; Limited: Night/darkness) [2PP]

Enhanced Feats 2(Environmental Adaptation: Darkness, Favored Environment: Darkness)  [2PP]

DA, still need an initiative for Warlock! 

Well AA, I will give you a HP when I say it does not help him much! 

Durf, most of that seems fine to me.  I don't think Environmental Adaption to Darkness adds anything that the stunted supersense does not provide?  (ie any trouble moving around in the darkness is countered by being able to see fine in it).  The one thing with the enhanced skills, as all the enemies are immune to the darkness, I will say that the extra Stealth does not help against them. 

So, what people are aware of given their notice checks:

Giz: Set can see just fine, so (as noted in the IC) she sees Choshech hovering over a hundred feet in the air.  She also sees more than a score of animated shadows taking shape all around the campus.  Sekhmet is able to sense the nearest group of animated shadows, which is appearing near some other students.

Durf: Ouroboros can also has a general awareness of the same group of animated shadows as Sekhmet. 

Alder: Nighthawk is able to sense something forming near the building she just exited. 

EP: Waverider is able to pick up the vibrations of several students near her that were heading toward the emergency shelters, at the moment she cannot pick up much else.

AA: Woodsman is able to sense a group of animated shadows forming near a few students near the dorms as he exits. 

Round One
28 Woodsman (Unharmed, 2 HP)
23 Sekhmet (Unharmed)
22 Nighthawk (Unharmed, 2 HP)
19 Set (Unharmed, 4 HP)
17 Waverider (Unharmed, 1 HP)
14 Choshech (Unharmed)
7 Ouroboros (Unharmed, 1 HP)
4 Animated Shadows (multiple) 

Woodsman is up AA!

Oh boy, it's (almost) the worst thing Woodsman can imagine. 

Riley will take cover in the doorway, careful not to actually block the path of people retreating into the building. 

Woodsman will fire his Obscure straight-up towards the sound of the voice overhead - he can't hit the guy, but he can keep him from seeing anything (or so he thinks), he can put up a field that keeps Chosech from observing the fight, and he can do it without blocking everyone else's view of the fight.

Sekhmet

Standard Action: Activate Sun Disk:

Environmental Control 3 (Sunlight, 25' radius) [6PP] (sun aspect)

Move ActionDemoralize Shadows w/ Fast Demoralize: 1d20+18 28

Extra Effort: Surge.

Standard Action: Charge Shadows with Corona Fists:

Enhanced Power Feats 3 (on Unarmed Damage; Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable) [3PP] (corona fists; sun aspect, fire)

She'll take 10 for a total of 19 assuming those things are minions and that a 19 hits! If not let me know and I'll roll. That's DC 22 wth Takedown 2 if it comes up.

Thanks DA, I will include Warlock in the initiative order for this round! 

Okay Giz, I was thinking of a contested roll for the Environmental Control, but I will go with it creating a small island of light within the darkness.

The nearby shadows cannot beat that so they are shaken for this round, and while they are minions, a 19 will just miss, so will need a roll.

Set

Standard ActionLightning Bolt vs Shadow: 1d20+7 25

AP: Damage 7 (Extras: Autofire, Linked [+0], Ranged, Power Feats: Accurate 1, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 1, Indirect 2) [27PP] 

+ Drain Toughness 7 (Extras: Affects Objects, Linked [+0], Ranged, Flaws: Limited [Electronics, -2]) [7PP]

(lightning bolt; chaos aspect, storm aspect, electricity)

Move Action: Shapeshit Flight 3 (50 MPH; Drawbacks: Power Loss [Restrained]) [5PP] (raptor wings)

The Drain portion of the effect obvious doesn't apply here but Affects Insubstantial 2 should at least force a Toughness Save! DC 22.