Thevshi

"That sounds like quite an interesting auction item."  Robert responded with a hint of interest at Jen's mention of the Roadster she had restored and upgraded.  "Of course, Megan would be less than excited if I were to consider picking up such vehicle."  He then added with a smile at the blonde young woman.

Megan took a drink from her glass of champagne as she returned a smile of her own.  "Well, unfortunately sports cars tend to be a bit disappointing.  Of course I don't hold that against any of you."  She added, giving Jen a grin.  "But more seriously I am not sure we need any more cars right now, even if we might have space for them."

He hummed to himself as he glanced off to the side, and he shrugged.  "I don't know.  I mean, you're young.  Go to some clubs, other events like this.  Mingle.  That will get you out in the public and they wont call you a recluse.  Meeting people is how you get friends.  Go to some sporting events.  I have season tickets for everything if you want to attend something, so I can always take you, or you can just go with someone else.  You are a little young for Ana, but I can have her go with you, she really needs to relax, honestly."  He furrowed his brows as he finished his drink in on gulp then.  

"The thing is I can't really tell anyone what to do in this arena.  You do what you are comfortable, or it shows that you aren't wanting to do with it.  Ignore the society and gossip mongers.  Make sure the bottom line is taken care of, and the financial news wont cover, which is what matters.

His attention snapped back to Stone.  "So am I acquiring Draco as well?  I mean, I can have numbers in place... last week.  Last I checked it would only be a six percent impact."  And he smirked.  A smirk on his face, he wasn't like the other wealthy people here.  Rarely did Summit do high profile acquisitions, at least directly.  The nature of the business allowed for a lot, and Amir focused on more beige seeming investments and purchases.  Let someone get the sexy new shiny invention, Summit had gotten the infrastructure the tech needed, or the logistics behind transporting the thing.  For ever effort of his to buy a sports franchise was the gobbling up of interstate network infrastructures that controlled internet traffic between here and say Penobscot Bay.

GM 

Stone grinned slightly at Amir’s comment about acquiring Draco Enterprise.  "I know your balance sheet is as healthy as always Amir, but the impact would likely be a bit more than that, for the short term."  The current CEO replied. 

"However, if you were truly interested, Jason would be central to that, seeing as he is the majority shareholder."  Stone added as he looked over at Jason.  "Well, I will be moving along, whatever you do, do not take his first offer.  Or his second."  He added with a smile and a nod to Amir before he started off into the crowd.

Jason waited for Stone to get out of earshot before continuing. "Just so you know, I'm not selling the business whatsoever." This was said offhandedly but with as serious a tone as possible, without coming off as rude. Draco Enterprises was one of things that Jason had made a priority before even his own safety. He owed a lot to his parents (dead though they may be) and Draco was one of the ways to pay them back for all they had done to make his life great. "Anyways, thank you for the advice. I've never really had to deal with press in any way, except for school and local papers". Jason said, finishing what he was eating.

Giving Robert a nod, Jen replied, "No reason you can't donate to the foundation anyway."  Raising a hand she quickly added, "I know, I know, I'm starting to sound like their spokesperson but it's a cause that hits close to home."

"Yeah, I'm with you Megs, these days I'm more into the shop side of sports cars than driving them.  Still, few things are as fun as seeing how many toys I can fit into a car without it looking completely tasteless.  You should see what I'm working on now, all-terrain doesn't even begin to describe it.  Might be six months out but when I'm done, even you'll be impressed with her," she said, a bit of the rush she felt when working on a piece of tech, super or otherwise, creeping into her voice.

• 2 weeks later...

"I look forward to seeing it."  Megan replied with a smile as Jen talked about her current project.  The three talked a bit more about various things when the young blonde woman spotted someone moving through the crowd that she had not seem for some time. 

"Jason Draco!"  She stated as she moved slightly into Jason's path to get his attention.  "It has been awhile.  Since high school graduation I believe."  She replied as she gave him a warm smile.  "You remember Jennifer Owens don't you?"  Megan asked, indicating Jen.  "And this is my fiancé, Robert Harrow."  She then added, indicating the man with her. 

"A pleasure to meet you Jason."  Robert stated with a distinct British accent as he extended his hand.

Taking a quiet breath at that name Jennifer slowly exhaled the quiet dread out of her chest, I really hope he's not still mad about the Audi incident, she thought to herself.  Turning to face him she held out her hand, "Good to see you again Jason.  What's it been, six years since you came to one of these get-togethers?"

Jason was one person at this party she did not want to get onto the subject of business with given that their families' companies routinely ended up competing for defense contracts.

Jason was a little surprised at the three new people who had started talking to him. Racking his brain for the group's names as he shook their hands, he remembered the two women from high school. He was completely unfamiliar with Robert though. "Hi. It's a pleasure to meet all of you. And that's about right on the years, Miss Owens". Jason was perfectly aware of the competing contracts that frequently came up between Draco and Owens but he really didn't care about competition. He just viewed it as a chance to become better. "Anyways, how have all of you been? I've been gone for a long time and haven't really been brought up to date about the current state of my fellow graduates".

Edited by geniusostrich

"Oh, it's patter.  Most of the people hear dislike that I am in the lead in the whole Scrooge McDuck game.  This isn't the 80's so hostile takeovers are hardly in vogue.  Though, I do miss some aspects of the 80's, like the couture.  Especially the prevalence of shoulderpads in women's power suits."  His expression sly, almost woflish due the regal mane of hair and impressive beard, that smelled lightly of lemon grass.  If someone were to get close enough.  Though it would be odd.

When the others arrived, Amir stepped back, taking the time to get another glass of champagne, and adopting a more slightly buzzed appearance, even if the energy that he could sustain himself off was burning it up as far as it hit his stomach.