A Performance to Die For (OOC)

R. Bluefish

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A fun idea has occured to me, though i won't be able to post right away. Gretch can communicate with Sam indirectly, using Lynn as a sort of relay; she sends a message to Lynn via the Communication Link in her Ring of Power, then Lynn can send a normal text to Sam's phone, and vice versa! What do you think?  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That hits, all right. And he's flat-footed, so he's also denied his Defensive Roll bonus.

Alec Card's Toughness save: 1d20+6 24. Lucky sod - no damage.

Starlight will use her Targeted Area Blast to strafe the whole band - except Gretchen, of course!

Starlight's Attack roll: 1d20+10 25. A hit on all of them!

Band members' Toughness saves: 1d20+5 14 22 23 16

That's three failures and one success - the band members are minions, so all but one of them is out of the game!

Alec Card's Toughness save: 1d20+6 22. He's got himself a Bruise.

All right, let's get this fight underway! Surprise round's over - we're going to straight-up combat now.

Alec Card's Initiative roll: 1d20+9 19

Vampire Drummer's Initiative roll: 1d20+3 9

Round 1

Initiative                                         Character                                          HP                                     Damage condition

19                                                  Alec Card                                          GM                                    Bruised

10                                                  The Shrike                                         0                                       Unharmed

9                                                    Vampire drummer                              GM                                    Unharmed

8                                                    Starlight                                             1                                       Unharmed

Card will attempt to grapple Starlight!

Alec Card's melee attack: 1d20+10 20

Alec Card's grapple check: 1d20+24 30. Not even that great of a roll, but good luck beating that one, Sam.

Starlight's Reflex save: 1d20+8 28. Well, huh. How 'bout that, a nat 20.

Unfortunately for Sam, natural 20s aren't automatic successes on opposed checks, so she still loses! (Waste of a perfectly good 20, if you ask me.) Starlight is pinned!

Okay, Gretchen is up.

1d20+8=22 Gretch has Precise Shot, so I don't think shooting into a Grapple is a problem. DC 23 Toughness Save again. Not sure even her ring is strong enough to overcome that Grapple.

Unfortunately her Sidekick status means no HP to spend, so she has to be careful about Extra Effort :(

Round 2

Initiative                                         Character                                          HP                                     Damage condition

19                                                  Alec Card                                          GM                                    Bruised 2, Dazed, Bound and Helpless

10                                                  The Shrike                                         0                                       Unharmed

9                                                    Vampire drummer                              GM                                    Unharmed

8                                                    Starlight                                             1                                       Unharmed

Card is up - or rather, he would be if he wasn't Dazed. But he is, so Shrike is up again!

Alright, let's drop this lil' vampie.

1d20+8=9

D'oh! No HP means no reroll; the chick survives another round. Now I have to think of an IC reason for such a crappy shot :(

Can we just say the girl is super-fast? She is a vampire, after all; kinda their thing.

Edited by Heritage

We can figure out how that works in a second - first, got a few more actions to get through!

The vampire girl will change tactics, instead imitating Card and attempting to grapple Gretchen.

Vampire Drummer's melee attack: 1d20+5 15. No dice!

Starlight will attack the helpless Card with Photon Blast.

Photon Blast vs. Alec Card: 1d20+10 26

Alec Card's Toughness save: 1d20+10-2 27. Whoah. Tough bastard.

No longer Dazed, Alec Card will attempt to use Insubstantial to escape from Starlight's Snare! That requires a DC 20 Concentration check on his part.

Alec Card's Concentration check: 1d20+11 13. Not rolling so well now, I see. Failure!

Right, now Shrike's up again. I'm honestly not sure either how your action would work out rules-wise. The vampire girl doesn't have any sort of Concealment, or even a particularly high Defense - should we just make it a straight attack, and if it hits, then yay it worked? If you have suggestions as to how to do it, though, I'm all ears.

7 minutes ago, R. Bluefish said:

Right, now Shrike's up again. I'm honestly not sure either how your action would work out rules-wise. The vampire girl doesn't have any sort of Concealment, or even a particularly high Defense - should we just make it a straight attack, and if it hits, then yay it worked? If you have suggestions as to how to do it, though, I'm all ears.

That actually sounds good to me; assuming she hits next time, we'll just say 'the Helm did it'.