The Arena: Sparing can lead to Work

Ronin shrugged when Yamaguchi introduced him. "Just a man looking for work. They've been outsourcing all the good Merc work to India."

Ronin listened to Yamaguchi deliver his job. "Yeah I got some questions there chief," Ronin said. "What ship is this? When's it get here, and where's it supposed to go?"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took David almost no time to make up his mind as to wether or not he'd accept..he was new in town and did'nt know all the in's and outs of the city yet.. "Sure..who's your competitor though?" He asked, deciding that the more he knew going into a job, the better.

Yasmaguchi looks at Ironhide. "My competitor has ties to Russia. For the moment that is all I'm willing to say on the matter. For this job, that's all you need to know about my competitor. If you have a fear for getting invovled with Russia, then you may wish to back out now before I give too much details."

Ronin shrugged when Yamaguchi introduced him. "Just a man looking for work. They've been outsourcing all the good Merc work to India."

Ronin listened to Yamaguchi deliver his job. "Yeah I got some questions there chief," Ronin said. "What ship is this? When's it get here, and where's it supposed to go?"

Yamaguchi smiles at Ronin. "Very direct questions. Important ones, but I'd rather get the details of payment out of the way before I give that type of information out. For all I know, you may wish to take the merchandise for yourself. I've got to protect myself as well."

Yamaguchi reaches down and slowly removes a breifcase. He places it on the table and opens it for the three to see. "For this job, I can give you each three hundred thousand dollars up front and another three hundred thousand after the job is done." Inside the briefcase are packets of hundred dollar bills.

Ronin's mouth went dry as he looked at the money. He tried not to stare but failed miserably. Six hundred grand! Holy Hell! He hadn't intended to talk about the money yet. He never haggled. If the guy had tried to low-ball him he would have just walked, but six hundred thousand dollars, that was twelve times his usual fee. No dog food for me tonight.

With some effort Ronin tore his eyes away from the stack of money. "Uhm yeah uh... that will do." He managed. "I'm a pro I got nothing but my reputation, so I'm not about to turn cur with your money. Whats the job."

"Russia, China, The Arabs..they've all got thier dirty little secrets.."..David stopped for a moment as Mr. Yamaguchi opened the briefcase.."Yeah..thats fine, thanks.." He said, sounding slightly stunned at seeing so much green in one place.

Wilhelm inwardly cursed his luck as he stepped out of apparently thin air a few feet away from the table currently occupied by Yamaguchi and three others. He'd been delayed by a few people seeking an interview for some magazine dedicated to the occult, he'd have to find out how they got wind of the drastic drop in his medication purchases, and now he was actually unsure about whether he was too late or not.

As luck would have it appeared that he wasn't too late. "Ah, please excuse my tardiness lady and gentlemen." He says as a takes a seat.

((A bit short on time, this'll have to do for now.))

The Void had teleported to the Arena, in hope of finding some information of her creators whereabouts, and in her luck appeared but a few feet away from the table of these fine gentlemen, and she saw the money. The Void had gotten hold of atleast a place of her own and knew that with money you could buy information. And that wasn't a small amount. So she walked right up to the man holding the briefcase and looked deeply into his eyes and put on her brightest smile.

"I'm afraid I'm not too much for transportation. The money is tempting, but I have to know I'll be there as more then a lookout, or it's no dice on getting my help." Badb finishes her whiskey and looks around. This place was starting to get crowded. And they all seemed to smell the money. A lot of competition, not all that many desperate rich men in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it was time to start looking for other ways to seek battle.

'Lenny Stein' steps into the bar sector of the Arena, and for a minute he's nearly overwhelmed by the wide array of smells that crowd their way into his head, a crazy mixture of sea spray, sweat, cigarette smoke, other smoke, cheap perfume, cheap booze, metallic aftershave and a lot of hair gel. The young booster makes his way over to the bar, signals the bartender with a jerk of his head, and studies his own reflection in the mirrors along the back wall; whip-thin and feral, Lenny's a pretty boy with a just a hint of mania in his eyes, decked out in a leather jacket, black jeans and overpriced silver-toed cowboy boots. A single gold chain dangles in front of his well-worn Bon Jovi 'Slippery When Wet' t-shirt. He orders a Jack and Coke, pays with a wad of crumpled bills, and leaves a lousy tip, earning him a scowl from the overworked bartender which he answers with a wink.

"Have a nice night, buddy!" Lenny's voice is high and slightly nasal, dripping with oily Jersey charm. He snags his drink, runs a hand through his short black hair damp with product, and starts to 'work the room', keeping an eye open for interesting customers.

God, this place is vile, thinks Grim. :roll:

Wilhelm inwardly cursed his luck as he stepped out of apparently thin air a few feet away from the table currently occupied by Yamaguchi and three others. He'd been delayed by a few people seeking an interview for some magazine dedicated to the occult, he'd have to find out how they got wind of the drastic drop in his medication purchases, and now he was actually unsure about whether he was too late or not.

As luck would have it appeared that he wasn't too late. "Ah, please excuse my tardiness lady and gentlemen." He says as a takes a seat.

Yamguchi nodded at Exile when he arrived. "I hope that it won't become a habit."

The Void had teleported to the Arena, in hope of finding some information of her creators whereabouts, and in her luck appeared but a few feet away from the table of these fine gentlemen, and she saw the money. The Void had gotten hold of atleast a place of her own and knew that with money you could buy information. And that wasn't a small amount. So she walked right up to the man holding the briefcase and looked deeply into his eyes and put on her brightest smile.

Yamaguchi nodded to Void. "Yes, this is shaping up quite nicely. I'm glad you could make it Void. It should be quite interesting for you."

"I'm afraid I'm not too much for transportation. The money is tempting, but I have to know I'll be there as more then a lookout, or it's no dice on getting my help." Badb finishes her whiskey and looks around. This place was starting to get crowded. And they all seemed to smell the money. A lot of competition, not all that many desperate rich men in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it was time to start looking for other ways to seek battle.

Yamaguchi smiled broadly at Badb and templed his fingertips together before him. "Of course. The merchandise will be guarded. Once it has been brought in the warehouse, my competitor will have his men watching it. Of course," he says as he leans back, "I would hate for you to leave without reducing his work force in anyway possible. The job does not need to be silent. On the contrary, I want it loud. I want my competitor to know that he was hit and hit strongly."

"If that is more than enough for you, I can begin discussing the details." Yamaguchi looked at the five before him and waited to hearif they were all in or not before speaking further.

"MBCE"]"If that is more than enough for you, I can begin discussing the details." Yamaguchi looked at the five before him and waited to hearif they were all in or not before speaking further.

The Void nodded, took out a small piece of paper and scribbled quickly on it, then showed it to Yamaguchi.

The paper said "I'm in"

Badb seems to like this response, showing just the hint of a dangerous, sardonic smile. "If you want someone to hit things loud and hard them I'm in. Now I must ask, are we getting paid a flat right, or are we getting paid percentage? And where do you do the payments. I make it a point never to collect when hired guns are around."

Yamaguchi smiles at Badb's response. "Good. I'm glad to see you're aboard. Ad for the first portion, I give you a small part of it now. I was unsure as to how many would arrive today to take the job so was not prepared to paid out to everyone. It will be cash. The remaining portion and the second half, will be paid when the job is complete. We can arrange to have it in any form that you wish. I will just need the details."

Yamaguchi looks at the others and nods his head. "Now, let me give you the details. In a warehouse in North Bay, my competitor is going to be storing a large shipment of Machine tools from Russia. Of course, it is not the actually machine tools that I want. It is the small hidden boxes within ten of the crates. Each box is about the size of a briefcase with a bar code on top to identify it. All of the bar codes are the same so once you haveo ne, you'll know you have the others as well."

"The contents of these boxes are very delicate so please be careful while handling them. My competitor will have a number of his men watching the area so it should be more than enough fun for you to enjoy. However, there is a time limit on the job. Once your presence has been detected, you'll have ten to twenty minutes before he sends reenforcements. Also, there's a chance that a pesky hero or two may be in the area, so watch out. You can have your fun, but the main job is to get me those ten boxes. Any questions?"

David nods as Mr. Yamaguchi explains the mission.."I have one..what kind of capabilties do your competitors men have?."He elaborates further "Ex-military, possible powered folks on the take..or just normal security guards?" He arches an eyebrow as he looks around..

Yamaguchi shrugs his shoulders. "I do not know. The merchandise is important enough to have very heavy security, but I doubt that it will be his complete force. It's one of the reasons why I'm offering so much for the job. I know he will have security, but not what."

Exile sits quiet for a few moments as the details are explained and the freckled one asks his question. Then he has a question of his own. "Given that we know the What and the Where, I would like to know When. An estimate at least on when this merchandise will arrive and how long we will have to act would be useful. We will need to do at least a minimum of reconnaissance, formulate at some basic plan, and probably do something in the way of personal preparation. Oh, and do you have any idea how much these small boxes weigh?"

Ronin frowned as the explanation progressed. First some guy just pops out of nowhere then... He glances towards the young girl. What was her name...Void? He didn't like children and he sure didn't want to pull a job with one. "Got another question there chief," he said. "So let me see if I got this thing straight. You want us to kick the door down on this guy's little warehouse, snatch the boxes and rough up some people in the process that about it?"

Lenny is starting to feel more than a little freaked out; the snatches of conversation he's picking up from around the room are enough to let him know he has definitly jumped into the deep end before learning how to swim.

So just how badly do I want to die tonight, wonders Grim.

Looking bored, Lenny finishes off his drink, stops into the men's room, very quickly leaves the men's room :shock:, and decides to call it a night as he saunters out the door.

"I'll be bahk", she thinks in fluent Ahnoldese.

Ronin frowned as the explanation progressed. First some guy just pops out of nowhere then... He glances towards the young girl. What was her name...Void? He didn't like children and he sure didn't want to pull a job with one. "Got another question there chief," he said. "So let me see if I got this thing straight. You want us to kick the door down on this guy's little warehouse, snatch the boxes and rough up some people in the process that about it?"

Yamaguchi nods his head. "In a nutshell, yes. Very simple in all honesty, but I know that your time for something so simple would need to be compensated greatly. That's why the large payment."

Exile sits quiet for a few moments as the details are explained and the freckled one asks his question. Then he has a question of his own. "Given that we know the What and the Where, I would like to know When. An estimate at least on when this merchandise will arrive and how long we will have to act would be useful. We will need to do at least a minimum of reconnaissance, formulate at some basic plan, and probably do something in the way of personal preparation. Oh, and do you have any idea how much these small boxes weigh?"

Yamaguchi turns to Exile and smile. "The ship will arrive in a few more days. He'll be moving the merchandise within a week's time so you had better do your preparations quickly. The boxes all weigh about 5 pounds each but they can not be teleported. Their contents are very delicate and strange movements like teleporting may upset them greatly. They would become useless to me as well as very dangerous to you. Once you have the merchandise, bring it to me here." Yamaguchi hands over a small strip of paper with an address in Lincoln.