The Arena: Sparing can lead to Work

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badb manages to avoid the crushing arms of Ironside, though she can plainly see that she would be wise to keep doing so. But it will be quite hard for him to hit what he can't see. Charging up, she unleashes another blinding attack against her sparring partner, though she misses but a small margin. Her miss inspires Badb to take evasive action, and she flies to the other end of the arena.

Ironhide screams in frusteration at his opponent "Stay still!" he yells to her retreating form..but his anger turns to glee as he realizes that while she might be more agile than him, shes not as fast on the straights-and he rushes her as she turns, aiming a powerful blow to her head.

The punch impacts on Badb's jaw, snapping her head back and looking to damn near kill her. Badb however rolls with the force of the blow and spins around in the air. She has a shiner looking to form, but is otherwise unhurt. Badb takes advantage of her foes charge, and aims another blinding blast at him. Once he can't see, she can finish him off at her leisure. The Irish lass releases her bolt, though the blow seems to make it go wide.

Ironhide chuckels at Badb's statement "Maybe so..but I think it would be much more profitable for us to work together, not to mention healthier." He grins at her, waiting for a reply.."Unless you wanna keep this kinda thing up.." he gestures towards Babd's heavily bruised face.

"It looks worse than it really is, I assure ya" Badb cracks her neck to release some of the tension from her neck, looking grim. It wasn't often that she found herself unable to injure someone, but looking her opponent over, she didn't seem to have done much at all. "And I canna say that I work with a partner all too often. Not unless the job specifically calls for it."

David nodded "Thats good..now you know how I got to be called Ironhide at least." He gave a short laugh "Understandable..you seem like you'd be a challange to fight for someone who was'nt able to take artillery rounds to the face.." He blinked several tmes as he began thinking "Hmm..what can you tell me about freedom city, since im newish here.."

"It's fairly simple really. Like any other city you have a group of obscenely rich people living just a few miles from what's basically a slum. Both sides will sometimes hire you for jobs. Anything from a simple smash and grab to corporate espionage. Obviously the people in north bay are more likely to want you ta do something about a business competitor then are the people living in the Fens. Tis much the same as were ever ye came from, even if the natives want to think it's a special and unique flower the likes of which has never been seen. It's just packed closer together is all." Badb signals for a refill of her whiskey and takes an appreciative sip. If your looking for tips on getting jobs, well, there I can't help you. Or more to the point, I won't. I'm sure ye can understand, we have to guard our sources.

The bartender quickly comes to teh table with the new drinks and departs just as quickly. As he moved away, you saw Legend coming to your table. Once he reached the table, he bowed to each of you in turn before speaking. "Forgive the intrusion but another one of our patrons has asked me to approach you to see if you were interested in a job."

Legend gestures over at a booth where a Japanese man dressed in a very expensive suit sat. "If you wish to hear more, please join Mr. Yamaguchi." Legend bowed again and moved off before any questions were asked of him.

Ironhide stands up as legend approaches "Indeed I would be." He says, smiling at the older gentelmans notification, then moves over to one "Mr.Yamaguchi" He thought it sounded a little fake, but again, they were standing in a supervillian watering hole. "I hear your hiring Mr Yamaguchi.." He says as he stands across from the japanees man giving him a short bow before sitting down, "Whats the job?" He asks with small smile.

Badb notices Ironhides annoyance. She's not surprised, but what did he expect? This is a competitive business. And it's not like she's had any offers lately. That seems to change just as soon as she thinks it, as Legend informs her of a possible employer. Another business men. These jobs tend to involve the more interesting characters. Badb grabs her drink and walks over to the table, where she sits down without saying a word.

Ronin stumbled out of the boat hand clutching his stomach. He hated the ocean and everything in it. He avoided being ill as he made is way up the stairs. Ronin had heard of this place before, but had avoided it. The Kitchen got him plenty of work without having to hang around with the scum, but this time Mary had gotten a call and heard that the contractor would be right here in the middle of the flipping ocean.

Ronin made his way inside. He hadn't known what to expect but he didn't expect a bar, nor did he expect to find what looked like scene right out of star wars. He walked past a man with spikes sticking out of his back downing a beer with a man with a flaming head. Avoiding brushing into a hulking armored figure Ronin made his way to the bar. The bartender looked out out of place. Because he wasn't a freak.

"You look like you had a rough trip," he said to Ronin. "Maybe a drink would take the edge off. What can I get you?"

"A shot of anything strong," Ronin replied. The man went under the bar and came back up with a large bottle filled with a clear liquor.

"So I'm looking for a guy," Ronin begins. "Calls himself Yamaguchi. Never met him but I'm going to go out on a limb and bet he is Asian." The bartender smirked as he poured the drink into Ronin's glass.

"Yeah actually the guy is right over there," he said and pointed to a table behind Ronin. "Though you might be late it seems he has some guests already." As he finished pouring Ronin took the shot, lifted the mouth of his mask and threw it back.

"Thanks pal," Ronin stood up. The bartender cleared his throat loudly.

"Thats going to be seven fifty 'pal'," he looking Ronin in the eye. Ronin shrugged and fished around for eight singles.

"Alright heres eight dollars." He put the money on the bar. "Keep the change, buy your old lady something special." Ronin turned away from the scowling bartender and began to saunter over to Yamaguchi's table.

Ronin makes his way over to the table. Already in front of the man is a short leprechaun looking guy and some woman who was glowing green. She wasn't bad to look at either, though Ronin had a feeling he would have to have his thyroids checked after a kiss.

"Evening ladies and gents," he says to everyone. He pulls his chair out sits and kicks his feet up on the table as he places his hands behind his head. "Yamaguchi right? Mary sent me said you had some work." Ronin cocked his head. "You know I think I had a Yamaguchi when I was a kid. It was all the rage. Hope you got some dough left over from that little fad. Ronin don't work for free."

David eyed the newcomer, wondering what he could do..and still wondering what this "Yamaguchi" was wanting with them.."Hey man, who're you?" He asked, making sure to not sound hostile..first impressions matter quite a bit, especially when the people you make them to can save your behind.

Yamaguchi nods his head slightly at the newcomers before speaking. "He is here to hear a job proposition, just as yourself," he says smoothly without the signs of an accent. "Please sit down, so as not to draw too much attention to our little discussion."

Yamguchi waits for the three to sit down before speaking again. "The job is simple. A competitor of mine is importing some merchandise into Freedom city by way of ship into North Bay. The containers are large and I don't want that merchandise to get where it's supposed to be going. If you're willing to do the job, I'd like you to make sure that those containers get to me. I will pay you handsomly for the job, but pricing as well as more detail will come to those that are willing to learn more."

Yamacuchi sits back and places his hands on the table for the people presen to see clearly. "If you're still interested, remain. If not, please leave. I can answer a few questions if you need more of a reason to do the job though."

It took David almost no time to make up his mind as to wether or not he'd accept..he was new in town and did'nt know all the in's and outs of the city yet.. "Sure..who's your competitor though?" He asked, deciding that the more he knew going into a job, the better.