The Arena: Sparing can lead to Work

Once upon a time Badb had promised herself she would never come to this place. She was a professional, a mercenary. Yes, most of her employers asked her to break the law, but a fight was a fight. And of course, on a more practical level, there was always the chance someone would recognize her from her past. Not likely, people have short memories once you stop trying to save the world, or go for gold at the Olympics. But times had been altogether fairly boring recently, and so it was that Addie got into her car, drove to a secluded lot out by the riverfront, and changed into the avatar of the Irish war goddess she styled herself to be.

As Badb she flies toward the Arena, glow of her internal radiation just barely silhouetting her toned, muscular form. Touching down near the door she lets herself in and finds herself greeted by a strange old man.

"Stow it, whatever ye have ta say. I'm here for work, and ye don' look like the type ta give it to me."

Badb casts an appraising eye over the place, and for once wishes the Freedom League had a more open policy toward contractual workers. They're meeting place had to be much nicer, as well as not involve flying out over the water in costume. Must be quite annoying during the winter months.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time Badb had promised herself she would never come to this place. She was a professional, a mercenary. Yes, most of her employers asked her to break the law, but a fight was a fight. And of course, on a more practical level, there was always the chance someone would recognize her from her past. Not likely, people have short memories once you stop trying to save the world, or go for gold at the Olympics. But times had been altogether fairly boring recently, and so it was that Addie got into her car, drove to a secluded lot out by the riverfront, and changed into the avatar of the Irish war goddess she styled herself to be.

As Badb she flies toward the Arena, glow of her internal radiation just barely silhouetting her toned, muscular form. Touching down near the door she lets herself in and finds herself greeted by a strange old man.

"Stow it, whatever ye have ta say. I'm here for work, and ye don' look like the type ta give it to me."

Badb casts an appraising eye over the place, and for once wishes the Freedom League had a more open policy toward contractual workers. They're meeting place had to be much nicer, as well as not involve flying out over the water in costume. Must be quite annoying during the winter months.

• 2 weeks later...

The villian known as "Ironhide"-otherwise known as David norris, landed on the oil rigs docking area-it was a derelect oil rig, now turned into a floating fortress of villiany known as the arena-it was dirty, and smelly to boot, but it was better than hanging around waiting for some dithering hero to lay into him.

He walked into the main area-he was a known thung, though not belived to have any real powers before hand.

He soon spotted several other villianous types hanging out between jobs probably he guessed, he'd been in the city awhile but he'd kept a reasonably low profile as he figured out who the movers & shakers of the underworld were.

He took a seat at the main bar and ordered a boubon & scotch as he watched the other villians, recognizing a few, but not really knowing any personally.

The villian known as "Ironhide"-otherwise known as David norris, landed on the oil rigs docking area-it was a derelect oil rig, now turned into a floating fortress of villiany known as the arena-it was dirty, and smelly to boot, but it was better than hanging around waiting for some dithering hero to lay into him.

He walked into the main area-he was a known thung, though not belived to have any real powers before hand.

He soon spotted several other villianous types hanging out between jobs probably he guessed, he'd been in the city awhile but he'd kept a reasonably low profile as he figured out who the movers & shakers of the underworld were.

He took a seat at the main bar and ordered a boubon & scotch as he watched the other villians, recognizing a few, but not really knowing any personally.

Badb notices the new comer enter and make a bee line for the bar. Not anyone she recognized, but then that's not too unusual. From the looks of him he's not anyone who's going to be hiring. But these things have a way of being deceiving. Badb herself heads for the bar, and orders a glass of Jameson on the rocks. She barely makes eye contact with the new comer, raises her glass in a half salute and takes a sip. "To good health"

Badb notices the new comer enter and make a bee line for the bar. Not anyone she recognized, but then that's not too unusual. From the looks of him he's not anyone who's going to be hiring. But these things have a way of being deceiving. Badb herself heads for the bar, and orders a glass of Jameson on the rocks. She barely makes eye contact with the new comer, raises her glass in a half salute and takes a sip. "To good health"

"And good fourtunes" Ironhide repiles to the young womans toast as he doens his own drink, he turns to her and gives her a quick evaluation.."Radiation..right?" he asks, identifying her powers baseline ability-but not anything more complicated.

Shes reasonably cute, although the dress is a little weird-but hey, this is a supervillian bar, what was he expecting? he asked himself mockingly, the chastising over it-ths is'int the place to look for a date anyways-besides I look like a leperchaun of all things.

"And good fourtunes" Ironhide repiles to the young womans toast as he doens his own drink, he turns to her and gives her a quick evaluation.."Radiation..right?" he asks, identifying her powers baseline ability-but not anything more complicated.

Shes reasonably cute, although the dress is a little weird-but hey, this is a supervillian bar, what was he expecting? he asked himself mockingly, the chastising over it-ths is'int the place to look for a date anyways-besides I look like a leperchaun of all things.

Badb doesn't quite smirk at the mans guess of her powers. 'Can't give too much away.'"Something like that yes. Though I'm afraid ye have the advantage o'er me. All I can guess from looking at you is a Gaelic background. Or a good stylist." Even sitting down Badb could tell the man she was talking to was a good deal taller then her, though that's far from uncommon. Childhood injury to a growth plate has the tendency to produce short people. "So what's yer shtick?"

Badb doesn't quite smirk at the mans guess of her powers. 'Can't give too much away.'"Something like that yes. Though I'm afraid ye have the advantage o'er me. All I can guess from looking at you is a Gaelic background. Or a good stylist." Even sitting down Badb could tell the man she was talking to was a good deal taller then her, though that's far from uncommon. Childhood injury to a growth plate has the tendency to produce short people. "So what's yer shtick?"

David laughed, "Is it that obvious?" he asked jokingly "Mostly im just tough as nails..nothing to special, unless being bulletproof counts" he said with a grin "So, whats a pretty lady like you doing in a place like this?" he winked at her as he asked her the question "I'd imagine a solid looking fighter like yourself would've found work 'round here..or are you waiting for somthing big?" he laughed a little more.

David laughed, "Is it that obvious?" he asked jokingly "Mostly im just tough as nails..nothing to special, unless being bulletproof counts" he said with a grin "So, whats a pretty lady like you doing in a place like this?" he winked at her as he asked her the question "I'd imagine a solid looking fighter like yourself would've found work 'round here..or are you waiting for somthing big?" he laughed a little more.

"I've found what I can, but tis the problem o' not being in business for yerself. Still, I get chased around less then the other costumes." Badb takes another sip of her whiskey. "And no, I'm not waiting for anything in particular. Just testin' the waters if you will."

"I've found what I can, but tis the problem o' not being in business for yerself. Still, I get chased around less then the other costumes." Badb takes another sip of her whiskey. "And no, I'm not waiting for anything in particular. Just testin' the waters if you will."

"True enough..I used to work out in chicago with the mob, until they started gunning down whole families-killing other supers or whatever is one thing, but going after normal people who dont really have anything t do with the real conflict is stupid.." He sighed "Instead of gunning down an enemy-like normal, they killed her girlfriend and thier adopted son, after that I emptied my bank account and showed the mob how a real wars waged." He grinned at the thought "Im sure the chicago families will come after me, but not for a while.."

"True enough..I used to work out in chicago with the mob, until they started gunning down whole families-killing other supers or whatever is one thing, but going after normal people who dont really have anything t do with the real conflict is stupid.." He sighed "Instead of gunning down an enemy-like normal, they killed her girlfriend and thier adopted son, after that I emptied my bank account and showed the mob how a real wars waged." He grinned at the thought "Im sure the chicago families will come after me, but not for a while.."

"I suppose that's the danger o' workin' fer the mob. Aye, with killin' in general. They'll always come down on ye harder. If they know who it twas who did it." The Irish villainess finish up her drink takes another look around. The place was mostly dead tonight. It seemed no one was planning anything, or hiring anyone. This life was starting to get to her. She needed a fight. "You seem like a tough one. Fancy a sparring match?"

"I suppose that's the danger o' workin' fer the mob. Aye, with killin' in general. They'll always come down on ye harder. If they know who it twas who did it." The Irish villainess finish up her drink takes another look around. The place was mostly dead tonight. It seemed no one was planning anything, or hiring anyone. This life was starting to get to her. She needed a fight. "You seem like a tough one. Fancy a sparring match?"

David took a moment to think.."Sure..why not?" he accepted the challange readily.

"Any rules you wanna go over? things like a time limit,bounds, or whatnot?" he stood up and walked out of the bar, turning to smile at Badb-as he entered the arena proper, he brought up his incredible density.

David took a moment to think.."Sure..why not?" he accepted the challange readily.

"Any rules you wanna go over? things like a time limit,bounds, or whatnot?" he stood up and walked out of the bar, turning to smile at Badb-as he entered the arena proper, he brought up his incredible density.

David was far to slow to dodge the bolt of radioactive energy, but it seemed to have no effect on the red haired brute.

With a diabolical grin, he flew up towards the Celtic villianess, "No problem..buisseness before pleasure!" He shouted as he swung for her pretty face with a monsterous left hook-and missed as his more agile opponent ducked his swing.