April

Becky's face split with a smile too wide and containing a few too many teeth to be strictly human but for once she didn't care, slipping the ring onto Eve's extended hand with fingers made clumsy with emotion. As soon as it was one she surged to her feet and swept her fiancé up in her arms and showered kisses across jawline and cheeks and the bridge of her nose before settling on her lips and staying there until she was breathless. "I love you so much," the taller woman whispered as she pulled Eve closer against her, foreheads pressed together. "I swear, I am going to make you so happy. You... I..." At a loss for words Becky buried her face in the space between the telepath's neck and shoulder, her chest rumbling with a contented purr.

• 2 weeks later...

"I love you, too," Eve murmured, folding her arms around her fiancé and kissing the top of her head.  Sometime later Eve would be able to come up with the words to articulate how she felt, but right now the abundance of emotion she was feeling made that task effectively impossible.  Fortunately the Frenchwoman was a telepath and one that never rated words over thoughts, feelings and actions so she instead just held Becky close and radiated her love and happiness through their mental connection.

• 2 weeks later...

The emotions Eve sent over their telepathic link were returned just as strongly. Becky's cheek grew warm against the smaller woman's neck as that rush of thoughts and feelings took on a decidedly less chaste tenor. With one hand under Eve's left knee and the other lifting her backside the Canadian heroine carried her over toward the simulated fur laid out in front of the cabin's merrily crackling fire. Teeth gently raking up a slender neck to catch lightly on an earlobe, she let her voice fall to a throaty whisper. "Show me."

It was some time later before the pair were free to continue with their tour of the facility, starting with the adjacent locker rooms and its surprisingly spacious showers. Elsewhere, the Cosmic Constable suggested politely but firmly that Coyote reschedule his planned training routine and Canadian Shield doggedly focused on pretending to have no idea about any of it.