"Mm, yes." For all that Dimitri and Stesha had a tempestous relationship, he didn't want to bandy words about her love affairs in public. He filled his silence the way he had for seventy years, whipping out a Zippo lighter and cigarette and lighting up. He took a long drag into his frozen lungs, then exhaled the smoky air thoughtfully. "So, tell me about Russian community in West End," he said with an air of seriousness. "You have that leetle Orthodox church with Teodor, the old dissident priest with the great beard?" He made a gesture over the lower half of his face. "And that cafe with all of the Jews. How are the people there, are they happy?" he inquired.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were saved from the doom of Dimitri does small talk by Aces timely return.  The door cracked open and Ace emerged face downcast eye's glistening slightly with moisture yet the immortal wore his mask of implacable non-chalance once more.  Embracing his aunt briefly he gave voice to what most could already guess.  "He's gone." his tone was somber but comforting at once.  Stalwart, almost fatherly.  When Rachel had gone to inform the family leaving Ace with his friends he turned and tanked them, "I know the dangers and hardships of the journey to bring me back and I won't forget it."  Ace said solemnly.  He paused a long moment meeting Dimitri then talyas eyes and lied almost seamlessly, "He was gone when I walked in, they don't need to know."  he said quietly indicating his family in the next room.  What was said in that room that Ace would rather pretend hadn't been was however a mystery yet.

"Oh, Ace," Talya sighed at the immortal adventurer, but she let the lie sit where it lay. Instead she took a few steps over to hug Ace whether he wanted it or not. "Don't be absurdly formal. There's too many years, and too many heartaches under the bridge for that." Pulling back, she cupped Ace's cheeks between her hands, "If you need anything, just call. You won't, but I'll tell you to anyways. And, if you're going to blow out on us, stay perhaps on this world? Paris. Paris is always lovely."

Her blue eyes were dark with understanding as she added, "The first decade is always the hardest but just focus on the moment ahead of you. Let us know if there's to be a public funeral - I'll be there. Jack can't - you know - secret identities and all that but I'll find someway to attend: my current confinement can be disguised." 

Leaning in, Talya gave Ace a kiss on the cheek before retreating towards Erik's side.