Well then. Tristan knows that constant (that is, actual 24/7 with no breaks)exposure to the lifeglow theoretically creates a dependence on it by the auto-immune and regenerative systems from the boost it gives them. Infraversal life is almost totally incompatible with diseases and viruses from the wider omniverse, nearly impervious to them in fact, and humans are likewise at little risk from Infraversal infections.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely not. And hope my replies bridge the line between wallowing in the consequences and brushing it off. I appreciate such direct interaction, but as I hope you'll agree probably best to let the really serious drama happen later on, when the Steaks are Razed.

Before I work on my next post (which'll have to wait until later tonight anyway), I was thinking that a living ship would make Tristan positively ecstatic.  He'll want to study it in whatever free moments he isn't actively working with Tess and Terrifica (you could even ask for a Fatigue check, on the grounds that he's skimping on his sleep in favor of this side-project).  If it's alright, I'd like to go for another Life Sciences roll to see what secrets he can unravel; there's the mystery of how it flies, of course, but he'd be glad to report pretty much anything.

Knowledge (Life Sciences): 1d20+20 28

Ehhh.  Hoped for better.

Well, since you offered, sure make a Fatigue check!

The Life Sciences is not quite as useful as it might have been if Tristan had Galaxtice Lore on top of it. Without much to compare it to, it's like a kind of metal-based fungus with a few traits of bacteria in the mix. With only two days there's not much time to learn more fine details, but for all its seeming intricacy the Bee is  very simple creature.

Further rolls will reveal more, and arranging help and/or focusing on specific points will give very useful information.

Edited by Ari

I'm totally fine with making future Life Sciences checks as part of an ongoing sidequest, if you'll allow it.  I think living ships are cool ideas, and this also fits with something I have in mind for late-game Tristan (possibly even sooner, depending on what I decide for his primary hideout, when I get the first Veteran's reward).

Anyway, for Fatigue, poor Tristan only gets a +5 in his human form.  Not sure what kind of DC you have in mind; perhaps it's best to base this on the Nightmare flaw?  To what degree, is up to you.

Fortitude: 1d20+5 14

Hmmm.  Gonna guess that's probably a failure?

Edit: and I assume there's no issue with Tristan bringing along enough gear to make non-surgery Medicine checks, if need be?  That's the kind of thing I'd rather not have to wait on from the ship, if it comes up. 

Double Edit: so what was up with that voice Velocity heard?  Did Tesla have no response to it?  I assume it's a plot hook for later, but it appears to have been overlooked. 

Edited by Blarghy

IN REPLY TO:

Blarghy: Yes, that is a failure resulting in a Fatigued condition. Yes, you can bring along "mundane" medical equipment, in general it's assumed that everyone who can use them is bringing a kit along. Alien terrain and all that.

EternalPhoenix: Among other things, Knowledge(Physical Sciences) tells Terrifica that there is no reason for an Earth-like planet to exist in the Infraverse. Especially given the conspicuous lack of nearby suns. Life Sciences tells her that, with the all-permeating lifeglow, whatever flora and fauna exist on Halluel must be both more plentiful and much more self-sufficient than they are on Earth.

Tristan figures out pretty quickly that the plants(at least they seem like plants, though they lack terrestrial root systems and their 'leaves' have a lot in common with the animal tissue the FCI studied) are pulling back from the clearing, evidenced by abandoned pieces of the larger lifeforms littering the more 'recent' rings of the depression. Why remains unclear.

If you want, roll Earth or Physical Sciences, Wisdom or Medicine.

Edited by Ari