Into the Location Formerly Known as The Unknown!

Ari

Summary: A.S.T.R.O. Labs has embarked on an ambitious(especially at their budget) expedition into the mysterious, sub-atomically-accessed parallel universe known as the Infraverse. There an energy suffuses the space between eccentrically-shaped planets in a dim red void, called the "lifeglow". Its attributes are many, including sustaining life all but indefinitely. With the help of the Atom Family, whose members are well-acquainted with this bizarre world, and some independent volunteers from among the super-powered and super-skilled, they hope to establish a beachhead and begin work on unraveling the lifeglow. The medical and humanitarian fruits alone are a tempting prize, but unfortunately the Infraverse is not without life and dangers all its own. 

Not to mention that A.S.T.R.O. Labs hasn't gotten there first.

Who: 3-4, as always, is the optimum number. Preferably they would have something to do with super-science or controlling energy, but it's not exclusive to those. This is a long-planned trip, so feel free to have built something tailored to this mission if your PC has the Inventor Feat. Suggest back doors in case you end up having to drop the game part-way through, and of course talk about how your PCs might help or hinder each other over the journey. Special relationships with the Atoms or the Lab are also handy, whether positive or negative.

What: Like a Star Trek episode, lots of talking and technical skills at the forefront, with sporadic and hard-hitting fights interspersed. This is primarily exploration of a strange new world.

If you want more information, feel free to ask here or via PM.

As Ari and I have discussed briefly over PMs, Leviathan will be joining in his civilian identity as Tristan.  We'll see how long it takes him to grow scales. 

I mostly mention this because, EP, between #Saints and whatever you have planned for Leviathan and Miracle Girl (if you still want to do that one), Leviathan and Terrifica will have worked together a few times before they go dimension-hopping.  Given her absurdly high intelligence, I'm ok with her taking the bare minimum clues and figuring out who she's actually partnering with.  It'd be silly for her to realize it without having ever met Tristan, but once she's interacted with both halves, I imagine she's capable of putting the pieces together when no one else could. 

This would also help with his anxiety over maintaining his secret identity.  Whether or not Tristan abandons all pretenses will depend on who else attends the mission and how much he trusts them, but at least in Terrifica's case, if she makes the discovery on her own, there'll be little reason to keep pretending around her. 

Stretching it to five pushing it for my abilitis, Blue, as you probably know, but Wayward's so wholly different from the rest I'll gladly agree to it. 

Alright, I'll figure out the broader details of the plot and start it this Saturday, you folks please discuss amongst yourselves what you want to have your PCs do, make plans for any arcs or changes, and so on. If you want info so you canmake more informed choices, by all means ask. 

I assume the ship (or however we're traveling) will be equipped with any tech we could reasonably need?  I'm not sure if anybody else has a better Medicine skill than Tristan, but appropriate medical supplies would be prudent.  I assume that not all of the PCs have natural healing abilities like he does, and even if they do, any helper NPCs tagging along presumably don't.  Less of a "just in case" than "something is sure to go wrong at some point."  Other than that, no plans come to mind at the moment.  If anybody can think of something Tristan should set up before the mission, though, I'm open to suggestions. 

Yes,the primary transport is a Core Rules space cruiser found and salvaged by the Atoms and A.S.T.R.O., with a Pegasus spaceplane supplied by the Freedom League for more delicate maneuverings and such. It'll have pretty much anything the PCs need for anything they want to do.

Edited by Ari

Thread is here. OOC is here.

Naturally, feel free to discuss and ask questions when you think right. Don't worry about upsetting the incredibly complex narrative of some people going to a strange place and experiencing strange things.

Edited by Ari