Have Posts--Will Travel

Blarghy

Happy New Year!  I meant to post this last night, but I got lazy.  My first character is approved and the holidays are almost past us, so I'm hoping for a few adventures, with pretty much anybody.  Leviathan can pop up just about anywhere in the city, as either human or monster, and is sufficiently eager to be a hero that he's on board for about anything. 

He's a pretty standard bruiser (albeit tougher than he is strong, so perhaps I should call him a meat shield) who really, really wants to be Batman, but he approaches being a Cowl like it's a fashion statement rather than a full archetype.  He doesn't have the experience, versatility of skills, or healthy sense of paranoia that makes most good Cowls, and hopefully, as his Complications and Reputation charts suggest, any of those could cause trouble for him during play.  If anybody wants to pair him up with a real Cowl, he could learn from their example, but other kinds of heroes would interest him too.  As a lifelong superhero nerd, Leviathan should jump at the chance to partner with about anybody, and ideally learn more about being a hero in the process.

Street level stories are fine (I tried to build him so he'd be able to wade through crowds of Minions, laughing all the way), as are supervillain stories; I'd like to pit him against another tough, heavy-hitting build eventually.  I'm still getting familiar with the M&M system, though.  Hopefully that won't take too much patience on the GM's part.

I'd be honoured if you'd let me act as GM for Leviathan's opener, Blarghy. Provided that's fine with the others and you can all agree on a general tone and goal and/or opponent. Surprises can be left for later, other threads. A big punch-up short-circuited by the appearances of Blue Jay and Kit, a careful bit of stealth stopping when Leviathan busts through the skylight, Levi's transformation going haywire and needing some help not going on a rampage/causing mass panic in an already tense situation, etc, etc.

(Yes Thevshi I remember what I said, circumstances have changed)

21 hours ago, Raveled said:

So what sort of bad guys does Leviathan fight? Corporate devils, street-peddling scum, or alien invaders?

Currently column B, but the first is waiting for him further down the road and he'd love a chance at the third.  Part of his carelessness at the moment comes from not having faced anybody who can give him real trouble; thugs with guns can't reliably hurt or defend against Leviathan, and his easy success is lulling him into a false sense of security overall. 

1 hour ago, Ari said:

I'd be honoured if you'd let me act as GM for Leviathan's opener, Blarghy. Provided that's fine with the others and you can all agree on a general tone and goal and/or opponent. Surprises can be left for later, other threads. A big punch-up short-circuited by the appearances of Blue Jay and Kit, a careful bit of stealth stopping when Leviathan busts through the skylight, Levi's transformation going haywire and needing some help not going on a rampage/causing mass panic in an already tense situation, etc, etc.

(Yes Thevshi I remember what I said, circumstances have changed)

Sounds good to me.  Just concerning the third example, I'd rather that his transformation was pretty stable and reliable in and of itself (I avoided the Normal Identity drawback for this reason), but as a plot point, some villain or another could temporarily corrupt him via some kind of biological Nullification-type deal.  Or he's not that hard to mind control, given his mediocre Will save.  In that case, though, I think it might be better to wait until he's met some of the other heroes here and is running with them semi-regularly, so it packs more of an emotional punch (and the other characters have some reason to not just refuse to work with him afterward). 

I appreciate the offer to run a game, though!  I'm all for it. 

He will if he can find out about them in the first place; another good Cowl feature that he lacks is a connection network and the appropriate skills to back it up.  He tends to just stumble over crimes in progress.  Plus, his lizard-hulk form may not be the best for investigation.  Regular human Tristan is probably better at talking to people, asking questions, and such as that.  As a non-practicing but skilled doctor, perhaps he could've been called in to consult on the killing (depending on its details) as a favor to a friend?  If the adventure turns violent at some point, then given a suitable distraction and place to slip off to, he could come back as Leviathan for that part.  Hard to say without knowing more of what you have planned, of course.

I'd be fine with that, EP. No ideas are leaping to mind just yet, but it sounds like both MG and Levi do regular patrolling, so worse case scenario they could both respond to the same threat, but maybe we could mix it up somehow? Maybe they both are attending some event in their civilian identities when trouble erupts; as a budding journalist, Casey could theoretically be anywhere working on a story for a school assignment.