Richard watched Val set up her amp as if he was watching a video on slo-mo, reminded of why he usually watched whole concerts on fast-forward. "We sure that's a good idea?" he commented before she actually started playing. When no one offered any serious objection, (largely because surely she couldn't be louder than the occasional desert thunderstorm hereabouts), he zipped around making sure their crews were all safe from any potential retaliation before the music started. After all, messing around on their own was one thing - but there were civvies about! He made sure Paige was somewhere she could concentrate on mentally contacting the rock formation (in the shadow of the van and away from anyone's immediate gaze), knowing she had her own ways of tuning out loud noise. 

• 2 weeks later...

GM Post

For those that could “hear” the psychic singing there was a sudden silence, them a sudden sense of the mind rapidly moving closer to them. It was a few more minutes before the voice became loud enough for everyone to sense something, though for most it was the mere feeling of something admiss. By them people had more to worry about with the ground around them rumbling and shifting. To their credit though the Supercrime! Crew, who in there time filed everything up to tyrannosaurus-rex’s, kept filming despite all this.

A few minutes later a massive shape burst out of the sands a massive tubular creature with rudy red skin. The creature stopped a good distance above the all, though some of its body was still in the sand, it head was a mass of writhing tentacles around a rather wicked maw that could probably swallow any of them with little effort.

Even though the creature had no apparent eye it seemed to be looking at them and didn’t appear to be about to attack just yet.

• 1 month later...

Val's eyes go wide as the giant phallic symbol rises from the earth, looking very big and very hungry.

Faced with an enormous monster capable of eating a small mountain, and armed only with a stick, the world's worst psychic powers, and her winning smile, she opts to lean on the tool most likely to get her out of this alive.  Her guitar.

"Um... guys?  I don't know if I look tastier if I keep playing or if I stop playing.  Anyone know what that thing is?"

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm not sure," Paige admitted, staring at the creature with very wide eyes. "But as far as I can tell it's not ready to attack us just yet. It's interested in us though, so maybe playng isnt' a bad idea. Are you guys getting this?" she asked the camera crew, glancing over to where they and the production team had gathered up. "Somebody get a hand in Danny's belt loops there, he forgets to run when he's filming." She closed her eyes again and attempted to reach out mentally to the creature, sending out impressions of friendly calm and curiosity, wondering if it was capable of any sort of understanding, much less response. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Woah," said Fast-Forward, legitimately impressed. "That's radical." He did as Paige asked and zipped around, making sure their team was all together and doing their jobs, then went back to doing his. He took out his recently-acquired cameraphone and took a few pictures himself, the sacrifice of the inferior digital quality well worth it to make sure he instantly captured this magnificent creature. He stayed back, though, letting Paige make psychic contact with support from Val by music. He knew who was the best diplomat in their pairing - and if music made the big monster happy, well, who was he to criticize? The music _was_pretty rad. "If this is another first contact," he murmured, "I think we deserve to make up the human name for this one..." 

• 4 weeks later...

“So that’s a Dweller Below? I didn’t think they normally came this close to the surface!” Klara looked up at the massive beast apparently unconcerned by its sudden appearance.

For its part the creature loomed above the little group for a few seconds before it fixed its attention onto the still playing Val.

You sing the poetry, but the words they are gibberish! What are you trying to say little one?

Everyone heard the voice of the Dweller in there heads, the word in there own language and a female on at that. The few psychic’s in the group heard behind the word a rhythmic sing song like sound that must be the creature's actual language.

First time calling on a giant worm thing, and I get a music critic, Val thinks to herself.

Loudly.

Loud enough for every psychic gathered to hear, in fact.  A bad habit of hers once folks start opening up these psychic conference calls.  She doesn't even know she does it half the time.

"Um..." she says, looking wide-eyed up at the worm, guitar forgotten at the sight, "We came to talk about the earthquakes lately," she suggests.