A Very Unlikely Assembly [OOC]

Vaalus

Norseman bruises the Thug before him.

The skinheads fire at Colton but are unable to hit him.

The powered thugs all stand up this round, ready to attack next round.

Icarus finds his prize still in the truck.

INITIATIVE

Norseman 22

Shui 14

Colton 8

Icarus 6

Thugs

COMBAT INFO

Name -- PL -- Attack -- DEF -- Damage -- Tough -- Fort -- Ref -- Will

Icarus -- PL 12 -- Attack +8 -- DEF 18 -- Damage +13 (blast at full power), +14 (punch)-- Tough +16 (6 Imp)-- Fort +13 -- Ref +7 -- Will +11

Shui - PL 10 - Attack +5 - Def +5 - Damage +10 (Blast + Knockback 7/Indirect 3)

Strike +10 (Linked Nauseate +10) - Tough +10/2 (2 without force field) - Fort +7 - Ref +7 - Will +6

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF +15/+12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned)

Colton Browning -- PL10 -- Attack +5 (+10 ranged)-- DEF +6 (+3 flat-footed)-- Damage Varies by weapon-- Tough 14-- Fort 9-- Ref 9-- Will 6

NPCs

Minion Skinheads-- PL 4 -- Attack +4 -- DEF +4 -- Dmg +4 -- Tough +4 -- For +5 -- Ref +3 -- Will +1

[submachine guns dam +4, Balistic. Autofire]

Powered Thugs -- PL 8 -- Attack +6 -- Def +6 -- Dmg +10 -- Tough +10 [impre 3] -- For +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +4

[Melee damage, Power attack, various powers ]

ROUND 7

This round the Powered Thugs are up and ready to attack this round.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow; I didn't actually think I'd have a chance with that. Icarus is trying to demoralize one of the super-thugs as a move action, and I came up with a 20. Too bad I can't demoralize a group with Intimidate.

If any of the super-thugs move to attack him, he'll weigh them down with Gravity Control, funneling all of his Power Reserve into it. This ends up being Gravity Control 12, adding the equivalent of a heavy load for a Strength 60 person to each of their encumberances. He's looking at the two in from of him, as well as the ones in front of the truck. Thank goodness for radar there.

Right now, Icarus is waiting for the heroes to draw more of the super-thugs' attention. If he were to steal the cesium now, everyone would be after him. If the heroes and skinheads are occupied with one another, he has a greater chance of success.

The Norseman fails to hit his target. Colton manages to drop another thug and leap to the next building. Shui obscures the vision of two thugs. Icarus intimidates a thug.

The powered thugs attack Norseman and fail to hit.

Two attack Icarus. One is dropped due to the gravity control. It's touch only so he could only effect one of them. The other manages to hit Icarus. [is Icarus DEF the total listed? Only an 18?]

Two more powered thugs grab the truck and lift it between them.

The four normal thugs fire at Colton. He must make a DC 21 and DC 19 toughness check.

Shui is hit by bullets and must also make a DC 21 toughness save. Remember his force field is only at +4 right now.

INITIATIVE

Norseman 22

Shui 14

Colton 8

Icarus 6

Thugs

COMBAT INFO

Icarus -- PL 12 -- Attack +8 -- DEF 18 -- Damage +13 (blast at full power), +14 (punch)-- Tough +16 (6 Imp)-- Fort +13 -- Ref +7 -- Will +11

Strike +10 (Linked Nauseate +10) - Tough +10/2 (2 without force field) - Fort +7 - Ref +7 - Will +6

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF 15/12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned)

Colton Browning -- PL10 -- Attack +5 (+10 ranged)-- DEF +6 (+3 flat-footed)-- Damage Varies by weapon-- Tough 14-- Fort 9-- Ref 9-- Will 6

NPCs

Minion Skinheads-- PL 4 -- Attack +4 -- DEF +4 -- Dmg +4 -- Tough +4 -- For +5 -- Ref +3 -- Will +1

Powered Thugs -- PL 8 -- Attack +6 -- Def +6 -- Dmg +10 -- Tough +10 [impre 3] -- For +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +4

ROUND 8

Heroes are up. I'll try to be quicker with the posting. Last week was a little busy for me. Sorry for the delay.

Ok, I need to ask a question before I post. This may entirely be a mistake on my part and if so I am sorry. My defense total is 15/12 Flat Footed. I'm at 12 at the moment, not +12 (IE 22), so my defense total is +2 (12) right now. This might be a mistake but I'm slightly confused by the attacks on my character. If they used Accurate attack to hit me, which somewhat looks like it, then they definitely hit, but they don't need to. I'm confused so I'll refrain from posting yet to sort it out.

Sorry for the possible confusion. :?

Ok, I need to ask a question before I post. This may entirely be a mistake on my part and if so I am sorry. My defense total is 15/12 Flat Footed. I'm at 12 at the moment, not +12 (IE 22), so my defense total is +2 (12) right now. This might be a mistake but I'm slightly confused by the attacks on my character. If they used Accurate attack to hit me, which somewhat looks like it, then they definitely hit, but they don't need to. I'm confused so I'll refrain from posting yet to sort it out.

Sorry for the possible confusion. :?

It seems I am the one that was confused. When I see a DEF +X, I considered it the bonus only. I then add the base 10 for it. The second attack was from a charge, not Accurate attack. I'll let the write up stand the way it is this time, and adjust things from now on. Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe I'm confused, but looking at the thugs attack rolls, and considering that my defense is 16 total, it looks as if only one hit me, rather than two. Regardless, Colton shrugs off the damage: Toughness saves against thugs. (1d20 14=24, 1d20 14=33)

Attack Colton(same building);Attack Colton (next building) DC19+ (1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=16)

These were the rolls for Colton. If the roll equals or exceeds your DEF it is a hit.

Two attack Icarus. One is dropped due to the gravity control. It's touch only so he could only effect one of them. The other manages to hit Icarus. [is Icarus DEF the total listed? Only an 18?]

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that Icarus can only affect one attacker with Gravity Control. It's an Selective Attack Area affect with Touch range, so it should be able to affect any targets that he can perceive within range (a 120 foot radius). The Defense is correct, though once he starts using Gravity Control, he loses his dodge bonus. This means he is only at 12 now (I think I'd better increase my Defense to Dodge Focus ratio).

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that Icarus can only affect one attacker with Gravity Control. It's an Selective Attack Area affect with Touch range, so it should be able to affect any targets that he can perceive within range (a 120 foot radius). The Defense is correct, though once he starts using Gravity Control, he loses his dodge bonus. This means he is only at 12 now (I think I'd better increase my Defense to Dodge Focus ratio).

Hmmm, looking at the write up of your character, you never listed that it is an area attack. You have selective, yes. You have range touch, yes, but no area extra listed. Something that needs to be added to avoid confusion.

Now, why would a touch effect work out to 120 foot radius? I have no problems adjusting the last actions of the thugs, but this something I need to know to improve my knowledge of the game.

REreading the information again, I see that Gravity control affects a radius (power rank x 5)feet within your range. So it is an area effect. Okay, that explains why you don'T have the area extra. Now, you took the Flaw touch only. Doesn'T that drop the area of the power to touch only as well? Or does the radius remain in effect?

The effect of making the attack touch range means that it is centered on me. The standard Gravity Control can be centered at any point within the "Ranged" range, allowing it to affect people further away. Also, if I hadn't taken Selective Attack, I'd need to make sure that I was outside of the range of the Gravity Control or be affected by it myself (since I don't have Immunity to my own powers). Making it Touch range also means that it wouldn't affect me by default.

And you're right; above, I said 120-foot radius. I should have said diameter. That was a mistype. Sorry for any confusion there.

Ok, that makes sense. So, on your ready action of last round when the thugs came at you, you activated your gravity control. What are you including in your effect? Due to your selective attack extra, you control what is and isn'T effected. Once I know that, I'll adjust the last round.

To keep things easier, how about we just say that the two guys who looked like they were coming to attack me got pinned down? Then I can choose to deal with the other ones lifting the truck as needed, and we don't have to revise so much.

Okay. Using GM fiat to allow the second attack to still succed on Icarus before his gravity power kicks in. So gain a HP and make the Toughness DC 20 save. Once you post up your next action, I'll move along.

Norseman, your DEF was 10 due to the All out attack of -5. That's why the Thugs were able to hit you. Luckily they can'T get through your imprevious.

Shui, you enter the mist on the building, but your points in your array are over by 2. You need to adjust something. Also, you took a bruise on that last hit.

Colton needs to make a Tough 21 save against teh bullets that hit him.

Icarus missed the thugs and avoided being hit by the truck.

The two thugs by the black van have gotten up and are getting ready to react next round.

INITIATIVE

Norseman 22

Shui 14

Colton 8

Icarus 6

Thugs

COMBAT INFO

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF 15/12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned)

NPCs

ROUND 9

Norseman is up.

There's no need to wait for Norseman to post before posting your actions. I'll still resolve the round in order so if later you see that Norseman's actions change things for your character, which I don't really see happening at least for Shui and Colton, I'll make corrections.

There's no need to wait for Norseman to post before posting your actions. I'll still resolve the round in order so if later you see that Norseman's actions change things for your character, which I don't really see happening at least for Shui and Colton, I'll make corrections.

Ah ok :) *wanders off to post*

This is just another use of the Groundstrike that I used earlier, albeit with a slightly different descriptor. They should be the only two affected by it, and get the same Reflex-type save as before.

Maintaining the gravity on the other two as well? I think you are, but want to be sure.

I'm really sorry for holding this up any. Between working out my job situation and finding a place to live I've been really busy. If I can still participate I can post now. Let me know if that's ok. Again, I'm really sorry.

I'm really sorry for holding this up any. Between working out my job situation and finding a place to live I've been really busy. If I can still participate I can post now. Let me know if that's ok. Again, I'm really sorry.

RL trumps Freedom City. :D

Post away.

Sorry for the delays. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Here you go!

-------------------------

The container has been damaged.

INITIATIVE

Norseman 22

Shui 14

Colton 8

Icarus 6

Thugs

COMBAT INFO

NPCs

ROUND 10

The van looks like it's going to try plowing its way through the barricade that the police have put up.