A Very Unlikely Assembly [OOC]

Vaalus

For combat purposes, could you please post the following information here so I don't have to keep looking at the character sheets. When Icaru arrives, let me know where you will arrive he can arrive pretty much from any location. Coltron and norseman will come from either the north or west of the map. Choose column 0-4 to place yourself.

Name -- PL -- Attack -- DEF -- Damage -- Tough -- Fort -- Ref -- Will

Combat will be done in this manner. You can roll the toughness save for any minion skinhead. This will help speed up the process of posting and allow you to include results as reaction to your posts. The powered Skinheads, I'll roll their toughness.

You can roll your own saves against attacks and put the results in your post. If a PC uses an ability against you, please roll your save as normal regardless of whether you feel your character can easily resist it. This point is very important to make sure the game runs smoothly.

Everyone has 2 hero points to start the thread. Those with the luck feat also get their extra HPs.

NPCs

Minion Skinheads-- PL 4 -- Attack +4 -- DEF +4 -- Dmg +4 -- Tough +4 -- For +5 -- Ref +3 -- Will +1

[submachine guns dam +4, Balistic. Autofire]

Powered Thugs -- PL 8 -- Attack +6 -- Def +6 -- Dmg +10 -- Tough +10 [impre 3] -- For +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +4

[Melee damage, Power attack, various powers ;) ]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icarus -- PL 12 -- Attack +8 -- DEF 18 -- Damage +13 (blast at full power), +14 (punch)-- Tough +16 (6 Imp)-- Fort +13 -- Ref +7 -- Will +11

I'll come in around C20. I'll be about roof-height, flying. My goal there is to go unseen by anyone on the ground or on the roofs. Even though I don't know that the skinheads are there, that's somewhere that the police will be seeking to occupy (with SWAT teams, in all likelihood). Icarus doesn't want to fight both sides if he doesn't have to, especially since beating up cops gets you an arrest warrant, while beating up a vigilante hero usually just leaves the hero pouting.

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF +15/+12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned)

I'll come in at M-1.

No that's probably right, I'll edit it to be a little more clear. i meant Up to 20ranks, but he'll only cover to surrounding area were the crime is happening.

It's a good thing that Shui has Immunity to all water effects or he'd be blinded by his own mist! Where are you going to center it? Center of the map or on yourself? Another quick question is how high are you making your mist? Some of those buildings are 40ft tall. Are you trying to get just the ground level or everything? Just want to be clear. Regardless of which you choose you can easily cover the area with that many ranks. 6ranks which gives 250ft area, will cover everything on the map both ground base and in the air.

Seems a post of the order of how people are to arrive got lost. :(

Arrival for actions.

Rnd 1 Shui arrives. Causes Mist to obscure the area.

Rnd 2 Icarus arrives. Notes mist and uses his radar to navigate.

Rnd 3 ---

Rnd 4 Norseman and Police

Rnd 5 Colton arrives

COMBAT INFO

Icarus -- PL 12 -- Attack +8 -- DEF 18 -- Damage +13 (blast at full power), +14 (punch)-- Tough +16 (6 Imp)-- Fort +13 -- Ref +7 -- Will +11

Shui - PL 10 - Attack +5 - Def +5 - Damage +10 (Blast + Knockback 7/Indirect 3)

Strike +10 (Linked Nauseate +10) - Tough +10/2 (2 without force field) - Fort +7 - Ref +7 - Will +6

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF +15/+12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned) [M1]

Colton Browning -- PL10 -- Attack +5 (+10 ranged)-- DEF +6 (+3 flat-footed)-- Damage Varies by weapon-- Tough 14-- Fort 9-- Ref 9-- Will 6 [A3]

NPCs

Minion Skinheads-- PL 4 -- Attack +4 -- DEF +4 -- Dmg +4 -- Tough +4 -- For +5 -- Ref +3 -- Will +1

Powered Thugs -- PL 8 -- Attack +6 -- Def +6 -- Dmg +10 -- Tough +10 [impre 3] -- For +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +4

[Melee damage, Power attack, various powers ]

ROUND 2

Icarus locates the truck with his radar. Shui can react to Icarus moving this round.

oh sorry :oops: erm Center of the map, and enough to cover the ground and most if not all of the buildings :)

Then we're going with 6 ranks of obscure. It will fill the 250ft radius from the center of the map and include the buildings as well.

Okay, a new points.

Heridfel, remember, blindsight is accurate not acute. He can't tell any difference from any of the people on the map. For this thread it doesn't really matter, but I just wanted to make sure you knew it for any later threads you might play in. Also, let me know where you want to go on the map so that I don't put you in the wrong location. Right now, I'm assuming you are around 20ft height.

Kavos, as your powers are Dynamic, you'll have to let me know how you're splitting up your power points. Did the math so far and it looks like you can do a full blast dropping the area of your mist by a rank. When you're going for a powered thug, let me know by mentioning that you're going for the tougher opponent along withthe map cordinates. It helps me from glossing over the information. And last but not least, you have indirect. Unless you change direction, the default will originate directly from you.

Toughness DC 30(Critical) (1d20+10=22) The power thug is stunned and Bruised. I placed a 1 on his head to show he was wounded. If any are having problems seeing it, I'll adjust to a different system for letting you know.

One thug countered the mist. Some normal thugs shot at both Icarus and Shui. Shui needs to make a toughness roll. One thug is waiting to punch Icarus when he comes into range.

Arrival for actions.

Rnd 3 Fight begins

Rnd 5 Colton arrives

COMBAT INFO

Strike +10 (Linked Nauseate +10) - Tough +10/2 (2 without force field) - Fort +7 - Ref +7 - Will +6

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF +15/+12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned) [M1]

Colton Browning -- PL10 -- Attack +5 (+10 ranged)-- DEF +6 (+3 flat-footed)-- Damage Varies by weapon-- Tough 14-- Fort 9-- Ref 9-- Will 6 [A3]

NPCs

ROUND 4

Norseman arrives on the scene this round so go ahead and post his arrival. I put him on the map already.

No problem. Blindsight (and Super-Senses in general) changed during UP. I actually have a request in the Character Edits thread to clarify what it is that I have.

For my action, Icarus floats down to K21 and lands. He's readying an action to punch the powered thug back after it swings at him. I'll wait until I see the attack roll against Icarus before I make my counterattack, just so I know how to describe it properly.

Hmm question, is it possible for Shui to throw up his force field? I'm not quite sure whether you’re allowed to use it reactively or not.

Secondly with Insubstantial 1, (liquid form) it makes mention about retain your strength but not about being immune to physical damage, and I was wondering if that still applied? (Seeing as most solid objects would simply pass through the water.

I'll answer the second question, since that's covered in the book, and leave the other one to MBCE. You'd need to have Insubstantial 2 to be immune to physical damage, and at that point, you can't use your Strength. The general rule of thumb is that if you're solid enough to move things around, you're solid enough to get hit.

Hmm question, is it possible for Shui to throw up his force field? I'm not quite sure whether you’re allowed to use it reactively or not.

Secondly with Insubstantial 1, (liquid form) it makes mention about retain your strength but not about being immune to physical damage, and I was wondering if that still applied? (Seeing as most solid objects would simply pass through the water.

Force Field is a Free action so he can turn it on in your next post. As for the insubstantial, Heridfel answered it fairly well. You will be affected by physical damage with Insubstantial 1.

A few shots ring out. A few police officers are hit. Need to make some toughness saves for both Icarus, DC 25, and Shui, DC 21. Shui's forcefield only has 8pps in it so the bullets get passed his imprevious.

Arrival for actions.

Rnd 3 Fight begins

Rnd 5 Colton arrives

COMBAT INFO

Norseman -- PL 10 -- Attack +7 (Melee)/+9 (Sword), -5 (ranged) -- DEF +15/+12 Flat-Footed -- Damage +5 punch, +10 Sword, +10 Sword (Auto-Fire) -- Tough +14 (Impervious & Reflective 9) -- Fort +10 -- Ref +5 -- Will +15 (+5 if stunned)

NPCs

ROUND 5

Colton arrives this round. He's on the map but can't react until next round.

Everyone, please include an initiative roll in your next post. I will be handling the combat rounds as such. PCs in one group and NPCs in another group. Within the group, you will have your order but only the top roller will determine if the group acts before the NPCs or not.

So, if Colton is high man with a roll of 25, and the Thugs are only 18, then the PCs will act first followed by thugs. Thhis method should save time on map updates as well as knowing people's actions.

Here's my initiative roll: 6. I'm trying to figure out when exactly I'm up, but I intend to pull a power stunt and use one of those hero points to negate the fatigue. I'll actually add the power feat directly, rather than doing an Alternate Power. It's time for Icarus to try to pull off a Groundstrike.

The DC for the Reflex save (to reduce the Trip check result in half) is 24. The Trip result also drops by 1 for each 10 feet away that a target is, up to 140 feet away.

Here's my initiative roll: 6. I'm trying to figure out when exactly I'm up, but I intend to pull a power stunt and use one of those hero points to negate the fatigue. I'll actually add the power feat directly, rather than doing an Alternate Power. It's time for Icarus to try to pull off a Groundstrike.

The DC for the Reflex save (to reduce the Trip check result in half) is 24. The Trip result also drops by 1 for each 10 feet away that a target is, up to 140 feet away.

Your groundstrike will occur this round. Once Colton gives his initiative and puts up his arriving, we'll be moving into initiative order.

So far it looks like this:

Norseman 22

Shui 14

Icarus 6

The NPCs end up with a 17, putting their actions after the PCs. Initiative (1d20+5=17)

I'll be resolving the 5th round actions shortly.

I need Ref saves for Norseman at Dc 19, followed by either a Str,Dex, or Acrobatics roll whichever is higher. Make the DC 19 then your second DC is 8. Fail the first roll and your DC is 21.

I need a REf save for Shui at DC 14, followed by either a Str, Dex, or acrobatics roll whichever has the higher bonus. Make the DC 19 Then your second DC is 3. Fail the first roll and your second DC is 16.

Coltron is not effected.

The ground strike knocks down all but the power thug fighting near Norseman. Those on buildings are immune due to the height.

The shockwave drops all but one of the thugs. Colton arrives just in time to see and feel the shock roll by. Both The norseman and Shui feel the shock to some degree.

INITIATIVE

Norseman 22

Shui 14

Colton 8

Icarus 6

Thugs

COMBAT INFO

Colton Browning -- PL10 -- Attack +5 (+10 ranged)-- DEF +6 (+3 flat-footed)-- Damage Varies by weapon-- Tough 14-- Fort 9-- Ref 9-- Will 6

NPCs

ROUND 6

Everyone is on the scene. Order will be as listed in the initiative section. I may change that to first post first serve later depending on the quickness of posters. All the thugs but one is prone on street level. The others are still up.

Happy hunting...... :D

I think you're miscalculating the save DC. You didn't get a critical hit, and your base save DC is 25. Autofire gives you an additional +5 (which is the most it can give), and that raises your save DC to 30. It probably doesn't matter here, but it's important when you start hitting tougher things.