A Very Unlikely Assembly

Shui Speeds along chasing the Stranger, "Hey weight up, I just want to talk!" Shui yells out, as he attempts to stay with Icarus.

Shui still wasn't sure about this stranger, but in any case he wanted answers.

Array: 40pp – Water Control (D): 31pp – Blast (D): 00pp – Strike/Nauseate (D): 00pp – Create Water (D): 00pp – Current Control (D): 00pp – Obscure (D): 00pp – Snare: 00pp – Air walking(D): 09pp – Insubstantial (D): 00pp – Healing: 00pp – Force Field (D): 00pp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Funny," thinks Icarus. "Talk is something I don't do when I'm on the job."

While the youngster (and Icarus can hear how young he is now) seems to have an advantage in speed due to Icarus' careful handling of the cesium, Icarus knows that he's more maneuverable. He flies forward, heading towards a large building, then straight up, hoping that will give him some space.

Shui sees the armoured metahuman fly towards a building than straight up. Frowning he quickly follows, using a small blast of water at the building to help him manoeuvre in his attempt to stay with Icarus

Array: 40pp – Water Control (D): 29pp – Blast (D): 02pp – Strike/Nauseate (D): 00pp – Create Water (D): 00pp – Current Control (D): 00pp – Obscure (D): 00pp – Snare: 00pp – Air walking(D): 09pp – Insubstantial (D): 00pp – Healing: 00pp – Force Field (D): 00pp

Icarus can see that his ploy didn't work as well as he hoped. He's still being followed, and the person following him is definitely using water powers. He can't let the container get wet, and the way that his gravitic field works, it keeps all the cesium in at the expense of also sucking in anything that directly touches it. While that's not a problem for his enchanted battlesuit, enough water could do very bad things to it.

He stumbles a little as he avoids a crenellation, then looks around for someplace to try to lose the hero.

Shui sighs this isn't working. "Come on I just want to talk for a second!" he yells towards Icaris. If he doesn’t respond soon shui thinks, I'll have to take more immediate action.

Using his blast ability, Shui utilizes short low powered bursts to help him navigate the city buildings, in his attempt to stay with Icuras.

Array: 40pp – Water Control (D): 29pp – Blast (D): 02pp – Strike/Nauseate (D): 00pp – Create Water (D): 00pp – Current Control (D): 00pp – Obscure (D): 00pp – Snare: 00pp – Air walking(D): 09pp – Insubstantial (D): 00pp – Healing: 00pp – Force Field (D): 00pp

Despite his efforts, Icarus can't shake the young hero. He pulls to a stop in mid-air, hovering silently as he looks back at Shui. Icarus' helm fully covers his face. The effect is disarming, to say the least, as the metahuman's face can't be read. He keeps holding onto the cesium container as he tries to think of some way to escape. As long as he isn't being attacked, he still has time.

Shui begins to slow down, as he does the water around his feet pans out and becomes a flat disk, Freezing as it comes to a stop a few feet away from Icarus. Water flowed around Aaron’s head, forming the head of an Asian dragon, “Why did you run?†Shui asked, his voice sounding like that of a young teen, but echoes off a powerful waterfall could be heard within it. “Are you a Hero? If so why did you take that object and for what purpose?†Shui asked water flowed along his hands molding and flexing with primal power. Despite this Shui however maid no threatening moves, simply stared at the armored man his glowing water eyes shimmering behind the eye slots of the watery dragon mask.

Array: 40pp – Water Control (D): 40pp – Blast (D): 00pp – Strike/Nauseate (D): 00pp – Create Water (D): 00pp – Current Control (D): 00pp – Obscure (D): 00pp – Snare: 00pp – Air walking(D): 00pp – Insubstantial (D): 00pp – Healing: 00pp – Force Field (D): 00pp

Icarus' body remains motionless, but his mind is racing at a mile a minute. When Shui has time to compose himself and speak, it's clear that the young man has some sort of primal connection with water, far beyond his apparent years. Icarus knows better than to underestimate the boy based on his age. He slowly shakes his head after Shui finishes his rapid-fire questions.

"You won't be getting those answers today," he thinks to himself. He concentrates on another place. It needs to be far away, so the water boy can't just fly there, and it's got to be dry, so that if he does somehow follow, he'll be weakened.

The air around Icarus shimmers for a moment, then it compresses. Icarus begins to shrink in on a point, and Shui can feel himself being pulled. Before he can react, Icarus is gone, and the cesium along with him.

Nearly half the world away, Icarus reappears. He collapses to his knees, gasping for air.

"I'm getting out of shape. It should have been easier than that. Then again, this is farther than I've ever gone before," he says to himself. He slowly gets up as he stares at the great Pyramid of Giza. He checks the cesium container - still in one piece, despite having to go through the ringer. "But now, I gotta get back..." he says glumly.

As Icarus vanished the water around Shuis body froze. Even the water that made up his eyes seem to freeze for a split second before melting again. Shui growled, he had no way of following the stranger, who was obviously no hero. Shui could travel to most part’s of the world, as long as it had water, unfortunately for Shui he had no way of knowing exactly were the stranger had teleported too. For all Shui knew he could be on the other side of the planet by now.

Angry and out of options, the draconic ice mask broke apart along with the rest of the ice around Aaron’s body. Quickly lowering the icy platform he was standing on. Aaron was left some alone, some ware in Southside. His mother wasn’t going to be too happy about this…

Array: 40pp – Water Control (D): 40pp – Blast (D): 00pp – Strike/Nauseate (D): 00pp – Create Water (D): 00pp – Current Control (D): 00pp – Obscure (D): 00pp – Snare: 00pp – Air walking(D): 00pp – Insubstantial (D): 00pp – Healing: 00pp – Force Field (D): 00pp