Downtown Train (OOC)

angrydurf

Backup 3 Toughness Save DC 27 1d20+10=23:  Another Bruise.

The hostage is a minion so taking ten to hit will get a grapple check of 1d20+1=19; Kingsnake beats that on a 1 so he's got a grip.  Backup 3 can join that grapple on his round but will be delayed or have to carry Kingsnake too.

Miras is up, the mobile part of the train is more than a single rank 2 move away.  Also to get into the control room you'd have to breach the windshield or get inside the train and try to break down the security door (or use some other trick to manipulate the controls without gaining entry the drivers compartment is airtight after the crazy purple knockout gas attacks of '02 so smoke form won't get you in)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will, however, go ahead and pop the other Hero Point to buy off the Fatigue, and Surge for another attack on Backup #3 while I still have Power Attack and the cloud.

All-Out Attack for +2 Attack / -2 Defense, Power Attack for -5 Attack / +5 Damage, no Fatigue, that's +10 Attack, +13 Damage (DC28), +10 Defense (DC20).

Attack check (DC12, hits on anything but a natural 1): 18.

That's a DC28 Toughness save.

Kingsnake will be Fatigued on his next turn.

Shaen reminds me I missed the demoralize so I'ma let him have it go off since I messed it up.  Backup three will therefore be Bruised and dazed from the first attack

Second toughness save DC 28 1d20+7=19: another bruise and more dazed?

KB 4 on that will be a  toughness 19 1d20+6=12: yet more bruising

Initiative 

Kingsnake        18    2HP         Uninjured, Obscured(visual), Fatigued

Mobsters          18                    KO'd

Miras                16   3HP          Fatigued

Phalanx            16    4HP         Bruised x 2

Backup(Pilot)    16                    Uninjured (Bailed out)

Backup(gunner)16                   Uninjured; Disarmed, Paralyzed, crashing

Backup(One)    16                    Bruised x 1, Staggered, Dazed

Backup(Two)    16                    Bruised x 1, Unconcious

Backup(Three) 16                    Bruised x 4, Staggered, Dazed, Obscured(Visual), Demoralized, Prone

Backup(Four)   16                    Bruised x 2, Dazed

Backup(Five)    16                    Bruised x 1

Gauss               12   1HP          Bruised x 1, Fatigued

And I'll get up actions for the NPCs and Phalanx tonight once I get the kids more settled

Backup #3 was Bruised and Staggered before the first attack, so his +11 Toughness drops to +10.  If the Demoralize worked, then he's at +8.  If he rolled 10 on the first check, then he got 18, against DC27, failing by 9, getting another Bruise and Dazed.

So he's Bruised x2 and Staggered against the second attack.  His +11 Toughness drops to +9.  If the Demoralize is still in effect, then it drops another -2 to +7.  If he rolled 7, then he got 14 against DC28, failing by 14.  That would normally Stagger him.  But since he's already Staggered, shouldn't he be Unconscious now?

Sorry, my bad.  Was confusing the bonuses with the rolls.  So Bruised and Staggered before the first attack, so his +11 Toughness drops to +10.  If the Demoralize worked, then he's at +8.  He rolled 13 on the first check, got 23 against DC27, failing by 4, just another Bruise.  So he's Bruised x2 and Staggered against the second attack.  His +11 Toughness drops to +9 for the Bruises, and with the Demoralize still in effect, it drops another -2 to +7.  He rolled 12, for 19 against DC28, failing by only 9.  So yeah, Dazed again, but just another Bruise. :(  And Toughness +11, +8 with 3 Bruises, +6 with Demoralized, rolling a 12 for 18 vs DC19 (KB result of 4 + 15), just a 4th Bruise.  Argh.  He really won't go down.

Phalanx  

He is currently at Flight 6 Super strength 7.   That is sufficient movement to get to the front of the train on a move action so he'll keep that distribution.

The train will hit the break in the tracks in 3 rounds unless stopped  We'll say it hits the gap on the Mercs Action when that round comes up.

Move Action:  Fly to front of train

Free Action:  Set aray fully to Super Strength for a total of 12 ranks

Standard Action:  Try to slow/stop the train

Alright giving the Monorail STR 60 and a speed of three gives an effective Strength bonus of +28  Base DC of 10 + 28 = DC 38

Phalanx has a base strength bonus of +18 and 12 ranks of Super Strength for a total bonus of + 30

According to Kenson every two his roll beats the train by should slow its speed one rank 1d20+30=36: well Orokos can bite me

Backup  

Only backup 5 has an action this round and only Gauss is still visible and in his range.

Attack Roll DC 20 1d20+11=27: Hit DC 24 Toughness Save

Initiative 

Kingsnake        18    2HP         Uninjured, Obscured(visual), 'Fatigued'

Backup(Three) 16                    Bruised x 4, Staggered, Dazed(Kingsnake), Demoralized(Kingsnake), Prone

Backup(Four)   16                    Bruised x 2, Dazed(miras)

Backup(Five)    16                    Bruised x 1

Train hits the gap on mercs action in 2 rounds

Need DC 24 Toughness From Gauss and Gauss is up

Alright Toughness Save DC 25 1d20+10=16: Bruised and Dazed

Concentration Check DC 15 1d20+1=14: Fail He'll lose his flight next round and fall.

Initiative 

Kingsnake        18    0HP         Uninjured, Fatigued

Backup(Three) 16                    Bruised x 4, Staggered, Prone

Backup(Four)   16                    Bruised x 2, Dazed(miras)

Backup(Five)    16                    Bruised x 2, Dazed(Gauss), Falling

Kingsnake is up once Gauss Gets his IC up

Edited by angrydurf

For the record, Backup #3's Shaken status from the Demoralize, and his Dazed status, apply to him in relation to everyone, not just Kingsnake.  Neither is like a feint, where they're only flat-footed against the one who feinted them.

Also, Kingsnake's out of Hero Points.

At the top of Kingsnake's turn, he's Fatigued again, and the smoke cloud dissipates.

Standard Action: Charge against Backup #3.  More than enough movement to close the gap.  That's +2 Attack and -2 Defense.  He'll All-Out Attack for another +2 Attack / -2 Defense, and Power Attack for -2 Attack / +2 Damage.  That leaves him at +13 Attack, +9 Damage (DC24), and +7 Defense (DC17) for the round.

He gets +4 Attack for melee against a Prone foe, so that puts him at +17 Attack, +9 Damage (DC24), and +7 Defense (DC17).

Attack check (DC19, need to roll a 3+): 22.

That's a DC24 Toughness save, at -4 because of the existing Bruises.

Move Action: Kingsnake (finally) draws his whip.  (Shoulda picked up Quick Draw after all.)

Yea the names are to make sure i keep track of who applied effects so I know when they drop off and I went through to recheck where HP should be at and think it's right now.

Backup 3 Toughness save DC 24 1d20+7=15: fail by 9 Bruised and Dazed again.

Initiative 

Backup(Three) 16                    Bruised x 5, Dazed(KS), Staggered, Prone

Backup(Four)   16                    Bruised x 2

Gauss               12   0HP          Bruised x 1, Staggered, Fatigued

Miras is Up

Edited by angrydurf

Time to start spending those HP.

Free Action Spend a Hero Point to clear Fatigue.

Free Action Stunt the following off Working of Deosil: Drain Toughness 10 (Feat: Power Attack, Extra: Affects Objects [+0], Linked [+0] [Damage], Flaw: Action/Full) + Damage 10 (Feat: Power Attack, Extra: Linked [+0] [Drain Toughness], Flaw: Action/Full). Miras will have Fatigue next round.

Full Action Use the above attack on the door, using the full Power Attack bonus. I hope I don't need to roll to hit a door. That's a DC 25 Fort save vs. Drain 10 and a DC 30 Toughness save vs. the Damage.

If she can make a hole in the door, I'm going to be Surging for another action. Heck, depending on how well the Drain does, I might Surge anyway.

That's all she needs.

Free Action Surge for another Standard action. Miras will have Exhausted next round.

Move Action Body of Smokeless Fire is still active, so she will flow through the door. I'm assuming the emergency stop is a big red button or lever or cord and she's going to haul on it as hard as she can.

Ok so a passenger train(8 car) takes about a mile to cut from around 80 to full stop with emergency brake applied  that's around 45 seconds or ~15 seconds for each effective rank of speed.  Or a little more than 2 rounds per rank.  The loss of cars in this case is also loss of braking power since all cars have their own brakes so that breaks even and while the Monorail is going faster speed ranks don't line up perfectly regardless.  Fudging for FC-verse super tech and clever PC actions to get the brakes engaged I'll drop that to 1 speed rank per round, not quite enough to stop the train in time but with Phalanx on it as well it should stop in time.

Phalanx

Standard action:  Use Exceptional Effort to gain 4 ranks of super strength for +4 to his check to stop the train DC 36 now that Miras dropped its speed a rank  1d20+34 = 51:   Finally Orkos gives me a decent roll (When it only need a not terribad one granted...)  That'll stop the train.  Phalanx will be exhausted at the start of next round without spending HP.

Free Action:  Switch Paragon Array to flight (12 total)

Move Action:  Fly back to the train cars still under attack.

Backup  

Backup 3:  Dazed

Backup 4:  Full Power attack on Kingsnake DC 17 1d20+6=25:  Hit DC 29 Toughness, Phalanx will interpose and Use ultimate toughness because I don't trust Orkos as far as I can throw it that nets him a 38 so no damage.  That done he'll make a full Flight five move away in a big to escape carrying him in range of Miras or anyone with his flight or higher.

Backup 5: Falls and I'ma say is KO'd by the fall or at least easily apprehended by the Police.

Initiative 

Miras                16   3HP          'Exhausted'

Phalanx            16    3HP         Bruised x 2, 'Exhausted'

Backup(Three) 16                    Bruised x 5, Dazed(KS), Staggered, Prone

Backup(Four)   16                    Bruised x 2

Gauss               12   0HP          Bruised x 1, Staggered, Fatigued

(Status like 'exhausted' are markers for the incoming effect not current effect)

I'll get the IC's up after dinner if I can manage tonight at the least.

I assume the Whut is at his inordinate resilience mostly thanks to Orokos Love?  He's at an 11 toughness base -4 Bruises for toughness 7 and rolled an 8 for 15 total which is 9 below the DC of 24 right?  (Always happy to have my math checked especially when I'm rushing it between assorted parenting distractions.)

I will say this is a situation Ripe for intimidation being used to to push him towards surrender certainly worthy of circumstance bonuses if stomping on a prone dazed target seems a step too far for a given character (not that I'm sure kingsnake would be that character ...)

"When using Extra Effort, you can gain two of the listed benefits, even stacking two of the same type of benefit. However, when using this Extraordinary Effort, you also double the cost of the effort; "

Yea I had to check that when I was planning the action but Extraordinary Effort lets you double up it seems.