Legacy of Hatred (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once inside, you begin to spot certain insignias on the walls, over doorways and occasionally on the guards themselves.  You're not sure what exactly they're for, but they definitely serve a larger purpose, and if you're going with your gut, probably focusing some sort of energy, likely for a ritual of some kind. 

Sorry, its a bit hard to make a post with all the numbers I need from my phone.

Basically Brandish rushes in and hits as many people with his Hellfire Wave power as possible.

Edit: Here's the numbers 

Hellfire Wave       100 ft Cone  DC 20 Ref (Area)/DC 25 Tough   Damage (Energy, Hellfire; Incurable, Affects Insubstantial 2)

Edited by ChrisClark13

He'll be able to catch three people in the blast radius with his movement speed and their relative positions, which will be most of the guards remaining in the courtyard. 

Reflex Saves vs Hellfireblast: 3#1d20+6 9 9 17 All fails

Toughness Saves vs Hellfireblast: 3#1d20+6 14 14 8 and the Toughness saves all also fail. 

So that's 6 guards left standing, 2 on the roof, two in transit, and two more in the courtyard at opposite east and west ends (they were the furthest away and therefore had yet to arrive in the immediate area).  The ones in transit pop open windows and start taking pot shots, conjuring lighting from their fingers.  The guards are the roof do the same, while the two remaining guards seek more defensible positions inside the building, but are as of this moment too far to make all the way inside. 

Two take aim at Brandish and two take aim at Bastion

Attack rolls vs Bastion - PA +/-2; DC 25 Tough: 2#1d20+6 18 21  Both hits on Bastion

Toughness Save vs DC 25: 1d20+15 21 A Bruise on the first one

Toughness Save vs DC 25: 1d20+14 27 And no damage on the second. 

Attack rolls vs Brandish; DC 23 Tough: 2#1d20+8 24 9 And one hit on Branish

On his turn Bastion will retaliate against one of the goons on the roof with his lasers, Accurate attacking for 2, taking a 10 on his attack roll because I remember you can do that now, which provokes an impossible Toughness save, and the goon goes down. 

I probably won't get a post up tonight, but I'll get one up tomorrow. 

Kingsnake is up. 

28 - Bastion - HP x3 - Bruise x1

18 - Kingsnake - HP x1 - Unharmed

15 - Grimalkin - HP x1 - Unharmed

11 - Brandish - HP x3 - Unharmed, Toughness save pending

4 - Goons (5+) - Unharmed

I'll wait to post in the IC until you do, Geez.

Move Action: Kingsnake will try for a better Stealth check: 27.  That's better.

??? Action: Kingsnake will take 10 with Skill Mastery to hit DC30 on Notice to keep tracking the stolen armor.

Once he gets close to it, then he'll Search that room for it.  If he can take 10, he will, to get 25.  If not, let me know and I'll roll.  Searching a 5ft x 5ft area is a full action.  A 10ft x 10ft area is 1 minute / 10 rounds.  I have no idea how big the room will be.

Edit: Brandish will parkour his way past the fleeing guards to block the nearest entrance and then use Hellfire Wave on as many as he can.

Hellfire Wave       100 ft Cone  DC 20 Ref (Area)/DC 25 Tough   Damage (Energy, Hellfire; Incurable, Affects Insubstantial 2)

Edited by ChrisClark13

Unfortunately the guards are heading to opposing entrances, so you're only able to snag one in the blast. 

Reflex Save vs Hellfireblast DC 20: 1d20+6 20 That's a pass, which cuts the DC mod down to +5, so DC 20 Toughness save

Toughness Save vs Hellfireblast DC 20: 1d20+6 21 And another pass, that guard wants to liiiive~

The goons are up.  The guard opposite Brandish makes his way inside of the manor and is out of combat for the moment.  A notice check from either King or Grim if they wish to track and intercept them.

The two guards overlooking the courtyard, plus the one Brandish just tried to blast retaliate in kind, laying down fire on Brandish. 

Attack rolls vs Brandish; DC 23 Tough: 3#1d20+8 26 10 12 So that looks like just one hit

The last guard on the roof will take another pot shot at Bastion. 

Attack roll vs Bastion; PA +/- 2 DC 25 Tough: 1d20+6 10 that's a whiff

On his action Bastion will repeat last turn's action of Accurate attacking for 2, taking a 10 on his attack roll, which provokes an impossible Toughness save, and the goon goes down.

Kingsnake is up. 

11 - Brandish - HP x3 - Bruise x1, Toughness save pending

4 - Goons (3+) - Unharmed

Standard Action: Kingsnake chucks a smoke pellet into the center of the room, creating a 10ft radius smoke cloud.

Free Action: Kingnsake uses Quick Draw to unspool his whip.

Move Action: Kingsnake attempts to Demoralize the man as a Move Action at -5.  He takes 20 with Skill Mastery.

Free Action: Kingsnake uses Extra Effort to Surge.

Standard Action: Kingsnake Charges the man (+2 Attack, -2 Defense).  I assume he's within 100ft.  He'll stop moving and attack at the outer limit of his whip's reach, from outside the cloud.  He'll Power Attack for -2 Attack / +2 Damage, and he'll All-Out Attack for another +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

Attack check: 27.

Anyone blinded by the cloud loses their dodge bonus, and suffers -2 Defense on top of that.

If that hits, it's a DC25 Toughness save (at -2 if the Demoralize worked).

Kingsnake's Defense is +8 (DC18) until his next turn (although anyone blinded by the cloud has a 50% miss chance, assuming they choose the right 5ft square to target, which is less likely given the Extended Reach 2 on his whip).

Kingsnake will be Fatigued on his next turn.

The meta-human is immune to demoralization.  That may be the only thing working for him however.  

Toughness save vs Kingsnake DC 25: 1d20+4 19 That's a bruise and daze.  

Do you wish to deal Knockback to Hatred?  With a rank 10 effect that would throw him up to 250ft or until he collided with something solid (less if you desire).  Since you exceeded his Defense by so much, if you decide to inflict Knockback you've got the choice of what to send them crashing into:

1 - out of a window, lowest damage, furthest distance

2 - into one of the interior walls, about 50ft away, good damage

3 - into one of the obelisks, only 10ft away, but high damage, plus whatever happens should one of the obelisks break or get knocked out of position.  

Also since we'll need them: 

Intiative Roll: 1d20+2 12

Intiative Roll: 1d20+9 10

They won't take actions this round, we'll treat this current round as a surprise round.

I believe Kenson has said that critical hits, Power Attacks, and Autofire bonus damage shouldn't count for knockback, since it gets ridiculous.  I'm fine with assuming that here.

I'm fine with inflicting knockback, sure.  Let's stack Prone on top of Dazed.  Let's knock him into the obelisk.

Yeah, looks like you're right.  http://www.roninarmy.com/att-forum-archive/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12601 

Toughness Save - Knockback Impace DC 21: 1d20+3 8 And that's a bruise, daze, prone and stagger. 

Toughness Save - Knockback Impact DC 21: 1d20+7 20 And the obelisk gets a little crack in it. 

12 - Hatred - Bruise x2, Dazed, Prone, Staggered, Surprised

11 - Brandish - HP x3 - Bruise x1, Toughness save pending

10 - Mirth - Unharmed, Surprised

Obelisk 1 - Damaged x1

Obelisk 2-6 - Undamaged

Heritage you're up.

Toughness save vs Grim's Claws DC 22: 1d20+12 31 No damage, and Grim her body is most definitely super-humanly tough.  

12 - Hatred - Bruise x2, Dazed, Prone, Staggered, Surprised

11 - Brandish - HP x3 - Bruise x1, DC 23 Toughness save pending

10 - Mirth - Unharmed, Surprised

Obelisk 1 - Damaged x1

Obelisk 2-6 - Undamaged

Chris, you're up.

Edited by Geez3r

That's a swing and a miss. 

The two goons on the balcony take pot shots at Bastion as he flies overhead, while the guard that Brandish just tried to bean retaliates against him.

Attack roll vs Bastion; PA +/- 2 DC 25 Tough: 2#1d20+6 23 19 That's two hits on Bastion.

Attack rolls vs Brandish; DC 23 Tough: 1d20+8 19 And a wiff. 

Toughness Save DC 25 #1: 1d20+14 19 That's a bruise and a daze.  That'll knock him out of the sky, but his Impervious is high enough to tank the falling damage.

Toughness Save DC 25 #2: 1d20+13 33 And a pass. 

Where Kingsnake and Grimalkin are fighting the cultists, two more goons join into the fray, attracted by the noise, with the sounds of more on the way. 

I'll let Bastion stew on getting shot out of the sky for the round. 

28 - Bastion - HP x3 - Bruise x2, Prone

12 - Hatred - Bruise x2, Dazed, Prone, Staggered

11 - Brandish - HP x3 - Bruise x1

10 - Mirth - Unharmed

Obelisk 1 - Damaged x1

Obelisk 2-6 - Undamaged

Shaen you're up.

Kingsnake is Fatigued.

Move Action: Kingsnake steps into the cloud to get concealment from the goons who just ran in.

Standard Action: Kingsnake whips Electro-Woman.

He'll Power Attack for -2 Attack / +2 Damage, and he'll All-Out Attack for another +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

Attack check: 19.

If that hits, it's a DC25 Toughness save.

If she's blinded by the cloud, then she loses her dodge bonus, and she suffers -2 Defense on top of that.

Kingsnake's Defense is +9 (DC19) until his next turn.  Anyone who can't see him through the cloud has a 50% miss chance, assuming they choose the right 5ft square to target with their attack.

The cloud lasts for 10 rounds.  One round has now passed since he threw it down.

Edited by ShaenTheBrain