So Great A Cause (2015) (OOC)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfly still has a drone out, from testing the barrier! Since Orokos clearly doesn't like her trying to teleport out, she may as well try to break free the old-fashioned way. Doubt she'll break out in time, but hey. She's not the sort to sit idle.

She'll have the drone come on over and power attack +2/-2 on the snare; that's effective Blast 14 against a Toughness 12 object - AA will correct me if I'm wrong, but assuming it's taking 10 that'd be a save of 22 vs. DC29, for an injury.

Since the snare's damage is shared across all the snares, Dragonfly's not going to do the villains' job for them. If they want out they can break it themselves.

She readies an action to Blast Mastermind the moment the snare snaps. To spare AA the trouble of waiting when or if that happens, here's the attack roll for it:

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Mastermind (drone beamspam): 1d20+12 30

That's...not bad, actually. Not quite a crit, sadly, but it'll pump the autofire - DC27, +1 for every 2 that beats Mastermind's defense to a max of +5.

Blasting Mastermind! That does hit. 

And it beats his Defense by enough to give her the +5

Tou vs 32

Not gonna go with that! 

I'm going to fiat that to a bruise and dazed for you, Fox. 

The Withering: 

Breaks off from his confrontation with Jill. 

He uses his Ranged Healing on the Beast - and hits, since the Beast is essentially an inanimate object. 

He flies up into the air w/his Flight 

The Beast is no longer Unconscious!. 

The Beast 

Stands as a move action

Leaps over and grabs Fire (her Aura is only at Rank 1 now and can't penetrate his Impervious) and leaps to a nearby rooftop, out of the range of...well! 

Mastermind: 

Acts! Have that other HP. 

He drops a 100 ton building at Miss Americana and Willow! Is it the novelty tugboat-themed restaurant across the street, sure it is. 

OK, DC 25 Reflex save for half damage vs. DC 30 Toughness. 

Note that even if you pass the Reflex save and aren't hurt, there's still a 100 ton building on you. 

You dislike the mechanics for that? Well, have an HP, the both of you! =D 

OK, just double-checking that was what you were doing - the daze has cleared, so go ahead and post. 

I'm open to mechanical ideas for digging yourselves out, BTW - 100 tons is a heavy load for STR 65. This was a rank 15 attack, so I'll say digging yourselves out is against an object with Toughness 15, with some difficulties from size and weight and the like.

Standard Action: Dragonfly sends the drones to strobe Mastermind right in his stupid face.

Ranged Attack roll vs. Mastermind (drone strobe): 1d20+12 17

....oh, come on. Come oooooon. I'm going to re-roll that just to avoid being too useless, and to maybe keep Mastermind busy for a round. I fully expect this to screw me over when I have to reroll later.

Ranged Attack REROLL vs. Mastermind (drone strobe): 1d20+12 14

.....oh, screw you, Orokos. Plus ten is 24, which SHOULD hit. I hope. This is Dragonfly's Dazzle + Nauseate: he gets a DC22 Reflex to avoid it, and if he fails he's Blind and gets a DC22 Fortitude save or he's Sickened as well.

Move Action: Head on over to the machine she built.

SURGE: Risk fatigue (on herself, not the suit, thankfully) to try to start it going.

Fire, the Beast, the Withering, and Mastermind make a combined attack on Dragonfly.

Fire (All-Out/Power Attacking for +5 vs Dragonfly): 13

Beast (All-Out Attacking for +5 vs. Dragonfly): 30 (I'll fiat Move-By Action on his sheet so he's not stuck in melee, have another HP, Fox!) 

The Withering: 18

Mastermind: 26 - but never mind, because I forgot about the Miss Chance! 9

OK, that's a DC 30 Tou save for Dragonfly. That's so sad, it could have been so much higher! =( 

Or rather for Willow, who has indicated an interest in Interposing. 

The portal will open to its full capacity at the end of next round as long as Dragonfly remains conscious and next to the machine - Miss A can do the same if she takes up a position with her. 

Miss A is up, then Jill, then Willow, then Dragonfly. 

Jill O'Cure

Standard Action: Use Create Object to put a dome between the Interceptors and the Atavisms, including protecting the machinery.

Create Object 12 (Power Feats: Progression [10' cube/rank], Selective, Stationary, Tether, Extras: Impervious, Movable) [52PP]