So Great A Cause (2015) (OOC)

Toughness Save vs. Mastermind, DC30: 1d20+10 15
....oh, dear. No, that's no good. We can at least TRY to do better than that, and we did get that nice HP....

Toughness Save REROLL vs. Mastermind, DC30: 1d20+10 23
Better...ish. Bruised + Dazed, and that'll be enough knockback to drive her straight back down to the ground if I'm not mistaken.

A quick check of the book says she'll take damage equal to the knockback result, which in this case is 15 (attack's damage bonus) - 5 (Imp. Toughness) - 2 (half the remaining non-impervious, rounded down) = 8, for a DC of 23.

Toughness Save vs. Knockback, DC23: 1d20+9 13
....wow. Really, Orokos? Staggered, then, on top of the daze.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 2: 

Fire

Darkness

The Beast 

The Withering 

Bombshell (DEAAAD)

Miss A

Jill O Cure 

Willow

Dragonfly

Darkness: 

holds her action

Fire: 

Standard Action: attempts to Dazzle Spellbound: 25

Okay, that's a DC 22 Reflex save for Miss Americana to avoid being blinded.

Move Action: fly fifty feet up in the air 

The Darkness: 

Move Action: Teleports in, hovering fifty feet in the air (but too far away to be targeted by any area effects aimed at Fire or Mastermind) 

Standard Action: Blasts Spellbound! 29 OK, so that's a rank 28 Damage effect, for a DC 43 save vs. lethal 

Everyone else in the thread, take an HP! 

The Beast: 

Sensing that maybe things are going to take a turn here, the Beast decides to change it up. 

Free Action: Regenerates one of his Bruises and recovers one of his Drain Tous (if I follow the rule there correctly)

Move Action: Leap over next to Dragonfly

Standard Action: Initiate a grapple! He'll All-Out Attack +5 32

Okay, his Grapple check is currently +34 41

The Withering: 

Move Action: 

Flies down and lands next to the Beast

Standard Action: 

Uses his Ranged Standard Action Healing: 25

The Beast makes the recovery check automatically and shakes another Bruised 

Bombshell is...not up! 

Miss A is up.

Miss A fails the reflex save, spending an HP to reroll. She passes on the reroll. 

For her standard action, Miss A will blast Darkness with her laser fingers. She rolls a 23.  That's a DC 33 toughness save. 

Spending another HP for an extra standard action, which she will use to scoop up Spellbound and fly away with her as her move action. She wants to catch up with her tech team in their van, who are probably still within a half-mile range. 

Min is.. angry.  After some negotiations with AA, going to Extra Effort to use two powers in this array and give it some oomph, also using the HP from Talya's demise to negate the fatigue.  Min needs some woods, so she's going to make some woods.  And then she's grabbing, well, everyone.

Move Action:   Environmental Control 3 (25 ft. radius, Distraction [DC 15], Hamper Movement [25% Speed], Visibility, Extras: Action [Move], Independent, Selective Attack, Flaws: Limited [Forests], Range [Touch], Feats: Slow Fade [1 Minute]) 

Standard Action:  Snare 12 (Extras: Area [Targeted, Burst, 60 ft. radius], Flaws: Medium [Plants], Range 1 [Touch], Feats: Improved Critical 1 [19-20], Indirect 3, Obscure Sense 2 [Auditory, Visual], Reversible, Tether) 

Snare: 1d20+12 15 ... ew.  HP to reroll.  I think that leaves Min with zero HP now.  Snare: 1d20+12 20 + 10 = 30.  DC 22 Reflex for Snare

Well, she can try, at least. She's sitting on 4HP, let's see how fast she can burn through them.

-1HP to shake the Daze.

Concentration Check, DC20: 1d20+5 17
That won't do it. May as well re-roll!

Concentration Check REROLL, DC20: 1d20+5 9
Aaand that won't do it either. Well. -2HP for nothing, I guess.

EDIT: What the hell. As long as I'm throwing away resources anyway, Mara'll be extra stubborn and surge another attempt; no re-rolls here, though.

Concentration Check, DC20: 1d20+5 17
Noooope.

Mastermind: 

Free Action

Makes his Fort save vs the Dazzle: 23

Standard Action: 

Attacks the Snare entangling him

He inflicts a Toughness save of DC 30

The Snare takes 10 and is injured. 

New Round!

Fire

Darkness

The Withering 

Miss A

Jill O Cure 

Willow

Dragonfly

Fire

Fire doesn't like this! 

She activates her Flame Aura, inflicting a DC 23 Tou save on the Snare. It currently has Tou +11 and so takes another Injured

She cannot do anything else. 

Darkness

knows the price of getting the boss in trouble 

She breaks free of the Snare and starts monologing!

Spoiler

Illusion 8 (All Senses—4 pp/rank; Extra: Selective Attack, Flaw: Phantasms, PF: Progression 2—Area [up to 25 ft radius]) (34pp)

Have an HP, Miss A.

The Withering: 

Standard Action: Hit the Snare! His Blast inflicts a DC 29 Tou save on the Snare. It takes 10 (currently with 10) and so fails by 9. The Snare is still in place, but it's effectively one point away from breaking...

Miss A is up!

After a quick Ref consultation, Miss A is not affected by the thing.

Miss A returns from the truck with her  move action, and will remain airborne. She's going to shoot Darkness again, because Darkness is being the most blatantly obnoxious and murdery atm. She will power attack for two. 

First roll, I forgot to include the power attack, that was dumb. But I rolled a 1, so I would spent the HP anyway, so spending an HP to reroll again and properly. 

Oooh, that was much better. She rolls a 29, and she does have Improved Critical on her blast. Okay, with her Gadget, and with Power Attack for 2 plus the crit, that's going to be a DC 40 Toughness save for Darkness. 

Jill O'Cure
Alright, discussed this a bit in Chat but let me know if this works:

Move Action: Taunt the Withering w/ Skill Mastery, DC 25

Standard Action: Touch Attack vs the Withering: 1d20+10 20 I think that's enough to hit?
Opposed Power Check: 1d20+12 18 Ugh, not good news.

Well, if she's not getting the benefit of those HPs going around that probably gonna go badly!

EDIT: After clarifying in chat, rolling with the rank of the Array as the bonus:

Opposed Power Check: 1d20+26 42