So Great A Cause (2015) (OOC)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty. In the interests of moving things along, AA, d'you want me to roll whatever happens when the drone tries to march its way into the portal into my post, as with Ellie's energy ball (in which case, what happened? The drone, for what it's worth, won't be moving with any great force.) or do you want me to just set it up and you respond?

The drone hits the barrier and rebounds slightly (with exactly as much energy as it carried on the way in)  - it can't get through without more power! 

I will say that it can determine some interesting things about the other side - all the radiation that's leaking through seems to be produced by the portal itself. Wherever they are isn't irradiated, or particularly alien, or blanketed by radio waves or wi-fi. Whatever's over there seems quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

Bombshell and Miss Americana hold their actions! 

Fire: 

Move Action: 

Burrow up in the middle of the group

Standard Action: 

Counter Willow's Environmental Control 

http://orokos.com/roll/339204 = 32! 

Beast: 

Move Action: Leaps onto the scene 

(he's close enough to interpose for any attacks vs the Fire)

Standard Action: Grabs for the closest thing to another French person there, Jill O'Cure! http://orokos.com/roll/339207 = 20 Ah well, such is life, The DC to hit him is now 15! 

Withering: 

Move Action: Flies overhead 

Standard Action: Uses Move-By Action to blast his fellow cosmic energy user - Willow! 

http://orokos.com/roll/339211 = 11

Welp, the Atavisms are really making a mark on the scenery here. :D

He uses the rest of his Move Action to fly away!

Let me post OOC and Bombshell is up.

Jill O'Cure
Move Action: Taunt The Beast; DC 25 with Skill Mastery.

Standard Action: Autoimmunity Overload vs The Beast; Power Attack 5: 1d20+5 16

Her autoimmunity overload is:

AP: Drain Fortitude 12 (Power Feats: Improved Critical [19-20], Incurable, Reversible, Slow Fade, Extra: Linked) [16PP]
+ Damage 12 (Extras: Alternate Save [Fortitude], Linked) [24PP]
+ Nauseate 12 (Extras: Linked, Flaws: Sicken) [12PP]
[52PP] (autoimmunity overload)

So, after the DC 25 Will/Bluff/Sense Motive check against the Taunt, with the Power Attack that should be a DC 27 Fortitude Save for the Drain Fortitude followed by a DC 32 Fortitude Save for the Damage and a DC 27 Fortitude Save for the Nauseate (which can't inflict anything worse than the 'sickened' condition).

Dragonfly activates her defenses.

Move action: Teleport to the Beast, since everyone's picking on him and it looks like so much fun.
Standard action: Energy sword to the back, to honor the Espadas way.
Melee Attack Roll vs. The Beast (sword; Power Attack -2/+2): 1d20+12-2 15
I really need to get Dragonfly the proper Power Attack feat so she can do the full trade-off, but I guess this time it worked out? Per AA's comment up there during the villain turn, I think that'll JUST hit him.
That's a DC24 Fort save vs. Drain Toughness, followed by a DC29 Toughness Save vs. damage.

With whatever's left of her move action (turnabout, hooray!) she'll teleport straight up for some air superiority.