Players Name: Jackal Iceberg [ VILLAIN ]

Power Level: 6/90

Characters Name: Cory Devlin

Alternate Identity: none

Height: 5'9

Weight: 175

Hair: long wavy black hair

Eyes: dark brown

Description: An ordinary looking young man, who wears a wolfish grin, normally a preclusion to misdeeds.

History: Cory is the son of Irish immigrants who settled into Boston metro. Working hard for a living and going to church were staples in the youths early life. Until tragedy struck his family. His father and mother were killed in a gangland warfare crossfire. Given up for adoption at the age of 10, Cory spent his high school years living in a group home. Fighting for survival, he ran away for something better, but was accosted by a group of men ina dark van. Put through a battery of experiments. Cory was left for dead, near the border of Mass. and New York state. Jackal Icebergs' story starts from this point as his powers became known to the Irishman. Completing complicated burglaries throughout the east coast Cory no longer has the heart for anyone, but his own monetary well-being.

Stats:

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 16 (+3)/ 26 (+8)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat:

Attack: +4

Defense: +15/ 12 flat-footed

Initiative: +16

Grapple: +5

Saves:

Toughness: +5 ( +3 impervious: toughness)

Fortitude: +4 (+2 con)

Reflex: +10 (+8 dex)

Will: +4 (+2wis)

Skills:

acrobatics +12 (4 ranks)

bluff +2

climb +1

concentration +6 (4 ranks)

diplomacy +2

disguise +2

escape artist +16 (8 ranks)

gather information +2

handle animal +2

intimidate +6 (4 ranks)

investigate +0

notice +2

sense motive +2

stealth +8

survival +6 (4 ranks)

swim +1

Feats:

attack focus (melee): unarmed 2

dodge focus (1)

improved initiative (2)

sneak attack (2)

diehard

evasion (2)

Powers:

Cold Control 8

- alt power - create object (ice shapes) 4

- alt power - snare: ice bonds 4

Impervious: toughness 3

Regeneration 1 (recovery rate)

Enhanced Dexterity 10

Drawbacks:

none

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

(Name of Attack) (Save DC/Type) (Type of Damage: Bruise/Injury, or other)

Unarmed DC 17/Toughness Bruise

Ice Bonds DC 14/Reflex Snare

Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (16) + Saves (06) + Skills (06) + Feats (10) + Powers (32) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost

Stats:

Str: 19 (+4) (14/+4)

Dex: 23 (+6) (18/+6)

Those should be listed as 19 (+4) / 12 (+2) and 23 (+6) / 18 (+4)

Combat:

Attack: M +6/ R +6

Defense: 16/12

It would be preferable to list his Defense as 16 (12 flat-footed), or something similar so we know for certain what the slash is for.

Skills:

climb (+4)

sense motive (+2)

swim (+4)

Skills with no ranks (but are important enough to the character to be listed) should have 0 ranks listed.

Feats:

rage (2) (+4 str, +2 fort & will, -2 defense)

You have Rage twice. Does the other rank go to increasing it's duration?

You should list these bonuses next to the respective stats (Str, Fort & Will saves, and Defense), too. Something like "Str 19/+4 (14/+2), 23/+6 enraged" and "Fort (or Will) +4, +6 enraged" and "Defense 16 (12 flat-footed), 14 (11 flat-footed) enraged"

Powers:

3 speed

5 enhanced dexterity

5 enhanced strength

2 super strength

Powers are listed with their rank after the power. Also, you've only spent 17pp on powers -- Speed is a 1pp/rank power. (Listing the actual speed of his Speed would be nice, too.)

DC Block:

(Name of Attack) (Save DC/Type) (Type of Damage: Bruise/Injury, or other)

unarmed attack +4 bruise

You should include the +2 bonus he gets from rage (so something like "+4, +6 enraged"), and the +3 bonus he gets from sneak attack (so something like "+4, +7 with sneak attack"... though I don't think he can go that high due to PL caps, and he can't use sneak attack while raging).

Other than these few things, he looks like a fine (but certainly not upstanding ;) ) character.

Combat:

Attack: 4

Defense: 16/ 12 flat-footed

Initiative: 15

Grapple: 4

His Grapple would be +5 (+4 from BAB of +4, +1 from Str).

Saves:

Toughness: 2

Fortitude: 3

Reflex: 6

Will: 3

Please list out what part come from attribute bonus, and what part comes from direct increase to the base save. I.e., something like "Reflex +6 (+3 Dex, +3)".

Skills:

acrobatics +7

bluff +2

climb +5

concentration +6

craft [mechanical] +4

diplomacy +2

disguise +2

escape artist +7

gather information +2

handle animal +2

intimidate +6

investigate +4

notice +6

sense motive +2

stealth +9

survival +8

swim +1

Please list the actual ranks you have in these skills.

Feats:

all-out attack

chokehold

improved initiative 3

sneak attack 2

taunt

stunning attack

evasion 2

favored opponent [cops]

dodge focus

skill mastery [acrobatics, escape artist, concentration, stealth]

It appears you only have 14pp worth of feats, not 15. (I'd suggest adding some Attack Focus/Ranged.) Also, please list them in alphabetical order.

Powers:

Thermal Control 8

- alt pow blast [heat] (extra area-line +1) 6

- alt pow blast [cold] (extra penetrating +1) 6

immunity (climate) 5

Does his Thermal Control decrease or increase temperature? By itself it only does one or the other, though you can get the other as an Alternate Power (though it could do both if the board uses the mix-and-match options, which I'm not sure if we do).

Also, Thermal Control 8 would be 16pp. Those two Blasts, each with on Extra, cost 18pp, so they cannot be alternate powers of the Thermal Control.

When configuring DC for attack. I have attack focus: unarmed +2, I had that to attack which is +4, does this give me +16 DC?

Basically what I am asking is do feats stack with attacks? And what is the starting point for the DC?

Is it attack + [power or feat] + mod?

Sorry if I seem completely lost. It's because I am very new to this game as these are the first PC's I have ever created before.

No problem. Here's how it shakes out: for Toughness saves, ie, what you have, it would be 15 (the starting DC for toughness saves) plus whatever rank you damage effect is. So, you would have a DC 17 attack. (15+2) It inflicts bruises instead of some sort of other save, so you'd write it like this:

Unarmed DC 17/Toughness Bruise

Also, remember to write down your other attacks, like your snare. Unlike toughness saves, reflex saves start at 10, so your DC for that attack would be 14, and be written like this:

Ice Bonds DC 14/Reflex Snare

If you still need help, I'll be around for a little while longer.

• 1 month later...