The apparent resistance her friend seem to have for Cathy finally managed to chase away the last vestiges of confidence she’d been managing to hold onto, she could tell when she wasn’t wanted. With a sad little smile and a wave towards the girl she was after she strode off the dancefloor with as much pride as she could muster. As she walked little flurries of snow fluttered down behind her, though few seem to notice the sudden wave of cold that followed in her wake.

At teh edge of the dancefloor Cathy paused trying to work out what best to do next. Part of her wanted to just flee, but she wouldn’t abandon her friends like that, though some fresh air would be nice right now. Though part of her also wanted to go get very, very drunk.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin gave another little hop from one foot to another although she gave up on dancing altogether as things turned south for Cathy. Casting a glare over her shoulders at the young women that had seemed to upset her classmate, Robin mowed her way through the crowd with little concern for people in her way. Although she didn't, certainly, bowl any one over, she didn't apologize when people thumped into her solid form either. 

"Excuse me," she said pointedly to one couple as she pushed her way through. She waved one hand at Raina in what might have easily been construed as 'I got this', and followed Cathy towards the edge of the dance floor. "Y'wanna go? We can probably go." She offered to the young woman, giving the thankfully quickly melting snowflakes the briefest of glances. 

Ted laughed, a bark of pleasure that sounded like he was enjoying Raina's attitude. "Fair enough. I always did like the dance." He looked in the direction Raina was looking, then frowned. "Speaking of friends getting into trouble...excuse me." He stalked across the dance floor to where Maddy and her blonde friend were squaring off, or rather Maddy was beginning to blink herself back to awareness while the blonde was starting to guide her towards one of the couches at the edge of the dancefloor. Watching, Raina saw her would-be paramour squaring off in an argument with the blonde - the latter of whom was pointing angrily at the rapidly-retreating Cathy, and then right at her! Raina distinctly caught the blonde looking at her - and again felt that flash of magic as she rubbed the necklace she wore above the low top line of her outfit's top. 

With a little distance her nerve was recovering a little, the arrival of her friend help boost her confidence ten fold.

“Nah though I could do with a stiff strong drink though.” Cathy managed a weak smile, she wasn’t completely defeated yet.  

“I can’t quite work out what going on out there.” she gestured over to Maddy and her little group on the dancefloor

”Her friend keeps cutting in, something just seems a little off, like powers kind of off. Made me lose my nerve a little. This is all very new to me.”