Carrier Messaging Rates May Apply

Gizmo

Huang met Sets kiss seamlessly with an admittedly forced calm as he relaxed into the shorter teen, there was no hesitance in it as he brushed his cheek along the smaller teens as the kiss broke, "Glad you're here now." he whispered as they parted.  The taller boy let his arm hang casually on the godlings shoulder as he looked over the room and gave a rough shrug.  The rooms furnishings were simple enough.  The sturdy bed over the matching dresser and the desk that sat adjacent was of the type found across colleges and boarding schools like ikea but far more robust material.  The bed made but rumpled a single window with shades drawn to block out the vile sky fire.   Being granted a 'medical' exemption Huang had a single with an exceptionally dated couch opposite the bed and a large coffee table that looked to be covered in signatures, some ink some carved dating back through the years it had been in residence in the school as claremont academy and before.  The dhampir smiled lightly at the faint praise, "Well it's not home but it is a place to lay my head with minimal interference."  he said with a laugh, "I lucked out, no roomie so I get more space and the couch and table." he nodded to the heavy slab that looked as if it had been cut from a single tree.

"Lucked out or just doing a poor job of playing nicely with the other children?" Set teased, poking Huang in the side and visibly relaxing at the warm reception. Fortunately it didn't take much to convince the outgoing godling that someone did indeed find him attractive and desired his presence. Looking up at the taller teenager, he tilted his head slightly to one side, following the lines of Huang's chin and mouth. "How are you fangs? I promise I did not expect my blood to have such a... potent effect." He carefully didn't bring up the dhampir's purported lack of experience but if that had been the first time his fangs had fully extended then Set didn't know nearly enough about half-vampire physiology to even guess what other discomforts it might have caused.

"Little of this little of that."  Huang replied easily and sunk down on to the couch with an inviting smile, "They called it a medical exception but either they're afraid I'll not be able to control myself,"  He waved his hands at the in his opinion absurd fear, "Or that those of a sanguine persuasion tend to be a bit territorial."  He added with a shrug as he couldn't really say that was untrue.  He patted the couch beckoning hte god to join him but leaving space for Set to sit as near or far as he chose.

At the heliopians question his eyes looked down and he unconsciously sucked on one fang, "Ah fine all fine."  he said a little too quickly still embarrassed about his previous foible.  He looked back up a Set, "I, uh, have much better handle on the situation now."  the dhampir was nervous but putting up a good front.  "I am confident I traced down the issue and am prepared now there are many unforeseen outcomes of my ancestry."  he assured him frankly, "Regardless we won't have a repeat of before."  he said being sure not to place expectations on what exactly might go on today.  Tilting his head Huang added quietly, "You are well after,"  he paused uncertainly, "everything?"  he was less concerned about any actual injury so much as the rather awful names the godling had been called by his father.

"Doubted you could keep your fangs to yourself? Where would they get such a notion, hmm?" Set mused with exaggerated thoughtfulness as he slid onto the couch next to Huang with a fluid grace, tucking his shoulder under the taller young man's raised arm. His left hand went unabashedly to the dhampir's chest, fingers players and tracing the lines where his pectoral and abdominal muscles met. "A few crude words be not enough to do more than irritate a god, fortunately," he assured his host, downplaying how upset he'd been after the confrontation with Huang's father and the vodka-fueled worrying that had followed. "Were you concerned, then? Feeling... territorial?" The godling somehow managed to shimmy even closer, looking very pleased with himself and with Huang.

Huang draped his arm lazily over Sets shoulder to trace along the toned bicep of the youthful god and gave a small shrug, "I surely have no idea."  he said with a wicked grin, "I don't put them anywhere they are not wanted."  he said pulling the smaller teen against him slightly and letting out a pleased sigh at the hand tracing along his chest.  "I am very glad to hear that." the dhampir replied his voice gone low with restrained desire.  He absently traced one finger along the back of Sets hand where it rest against his shirt and foxe at the question swallowing uncertainly, "I, ah, was concerned I'd not get a chance to make it up to you."  he said smoothly and bit his lip hesitant to admit any territorial feeling he may have harbored, most did not like to be treated as even treasured possessions or so he was told.  He imagined that went double for a god.  Huang's hand slid into motion once more to slide across Sets chest and down his sculpted abs to rest on the heliopians waist, "I have been most looking forward to that."

"Mmh, well that won't work," Set objected in a light, singsong tone as he leaned forward from the back of the couch toward Huang's hand. "I was planning to make things up to you; one of us will need to simply relax and enjoy himself." Remarkably he managed to keep a straight face through the whole sentence, giving the taller teenager a serious look that suggested that they needed to deliberate the issue with the sort of even handed intensity of thought usually reserved for international peace talks. "Rock paper scissors? Best two out of three wrestling?" As he mused aloud the godling shifted one knee up and over so that his leg crossed the dhampir's calf.

"I like where this is going."  Huang teased lightly as the god suggested wrestling.  He looked the fit Heliopian over with obvious lascivious intent as his hand roamed across the sculpted bands of Sets abdomen just above the waistband, "Well."  he suggested as he leaned in to press a firm, deep kiss to the shorter boy’s lips, "Maybe we'll just have to make good on our intentions."  he grinned, pulling the smaller teen toward him as his grew bolder in his explorations of his tantalizing partner.  “Perhaps I should start since I seem to have you at a disadvantage?"  he whispered as he leaned back to pull his shirt up and over his head in one swift movement before wrapping his arms once more around the youthful god to trace strong fingers along the toned muscles of the redhead's back.  They were reaching a point of no return and Huang at least was barrelling toward it with the reckless abandon of his vampiric heritage, his fangs slowly extended beyond his ability to restrain now as he met Sets gaze with burning intensity.

Phantom, her family was well aware, could land on the head of a pin without disturbing anything around her in the slightest. The fact that she teleported directly into Huang's dorm room with a thunderclap of displaced air that sent any paper in the room flying was pure showmanship. And Taylor's not insubstantial temper. In tow was Set's own erstwhile guardian although she let Sekhmet go to round on her half naked offspring. Normally, Taylor had to rely on her costume to add the intimidation factor but not today. Even though she was dressed in jeans and a blouse, her feet bare and her hair still wet from the shower, Taylor radiated a long simmering sort of barely contained fury. The fact that the glow of power in her eyes lingered black as the void rather than the normal bright white of Heshem's light added to the effect.

"Jack Huang Farretti, Jr.," Came Taylor's low growl as she took in the room, the boys various state of undress and the lingering blood magic in the air. It reverberated low enough that it passed Taylor's normal hollow echo into something else entirely. "What-the-hell-are-you-thinking?"

It was all one word as she came over and yanked the coverlet on the bed hard as she switched to rapid fire Cantonese. ^Can't believe this. In your dorm room? BLOOD MAGIC?! Clearly you're not thinking and letting your... fangs make all the choices for you.^

She turned then towards Sehkmet, "I am so sorry about this."

"Ra's buttocks, you've truly cut down on your lag time, She Before Whom Evil Trembles," Set remarked, legitimately impressed despite himself as he shuffled over a few inches on the couch under Taylor's glare, leaving a hand's breadth between himself and Huang. "I expected to have a good fifteen or twenty minutes before you thought to contact the Chosen of Heshem."

The goddess growled as she stalked forward, staying just half a step behind Phantom as she snarled, "Can thou begin to comprehend the shame thy actions reflect upon Heliopolis?!" Calling the dhampir's mother and admitting she hadn't been able to stop him from teleporting Set away had been positively mortifying for the oft-times lioness. "Brazening corrupting youth, performing all manner of-- rrrowr!" She waved her hands in front of her face to swipe away the images that line of thought conjured up.

"'Corrupting' seems a needlessly negative way to frame events..." Set protested sullenly, stormy grey eyes flicking between Huang and his mother.

Huang started at the thunder clap and boggled at the sudden intrusion looking from his mother to Sekhmet and back in rapid succession, "Now that isn't fair."  he countered sullenly patting Sets thigh in an attempt to comfort the other boy though the gesture was afterthought to his argument with his mother, "I didn't even use anyone else's blood."  he pointed out archly and pointed at her, "And half the manor is hoodooed up with blood magic dad contracted so don't be all high and mighty." he barked sullenly before shaking his head and rounding on Sekhmet, "As for you."  he said firmly, "Firstly he has Nothing to be ashamed of."  he pointed out with a wink aimed at Set, "And secondly your prowess as huntress must be quite overstated if you needed to get my Mother to find us." he archly fired off crossing his arms to glare at each of them from his position on the couch, "We like eachother!"  he shouted, "Deal with it! Because it is not. Your. Business." Normally perhaps he would be more politic but things had been gong well and they had just violated his territory his Dhampir tendencies might be showing in the aggressive aggressive approach he took.

Taylor tossed the blanket at Huang, "Cover up," she said shortly and planted her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed to thin slits. "I am your mother, Huang. Whether or not you like it, it's my job to try and keep you from careening off the deep end before you learn enough sense to manage on your own. Which you don't have yet, I might add. The first work done on the manor was the magic to hide it. There's nothing like that on Claremont. You can't just go yanking gates open willy-nilly. You of all people should know that. You also shouldn't be doing blood magic before you're getting, er, intimate with someone. Set may be a god but he's incarnated at the moment and biting him - which from what it looks like is really just a matter of time - and draining too far could hurt you both."

She cut her hands up in sharp gestures, "You want to like each other? Fine. You want to date? Fine. This sneaking around crap, though, it's going to stop."

She leveled one fingertip at her son's nose, "And don't get tetchy with Sekhmet. You won't like where it ends."

• 2 weeks later...

Set had likewise begun making urgent cutting gestures across his throat as soon as Huang had turned his ire on Sekhmet, frantically trying to dissuade the dhampir from that particular line of confrontational sass, suspecting that he would be considerably less attractive divested of his innards. The warrior goddess surprised all of them by making a snorting sound that might have been a brusque laugh coming from someone more jovial. "Lionesses be pack hunters, cub. Pride before pride."

The shorter Heliopolian blinked. "Well, ah. I was about to blush quite endearingly over that rather aggressive declaration of affection, however... was that wordplay, oh Lady of Slaughter?"

Blinking herself, Sekhmet looked from Set to the others in the room, scowling. "A trick of translation, nothing more." She went on to mutter something less coherent about corrupting and poor influences under her breath.

"While I realize my credibility may be suffering, Au-- ah, Chosen One," Set added with a wince he couldn't completely conceal, "there was to be no biting. Not after the last time nor until after an opportunity for research and preparation, certainly."

With a frown Huang opened his mouth to argue he wore less when swimming but realized the folly of getting into specifics, also that the state of his pants fastenings made that more questionable.  Turning his back briefly because now modesty mattered, he zipped up and turned back to fix a determined if petulant gaze on the interlopers, "As for hiding and skulking about what else were we supposed to do?"  he asked rhetorically, "Dad made it clear he was going to go all autocratic va-faaather on it."  he said flatly barely catching himself in referring to Jack by his more or less formal title.  He huffed testily and glanced to Sekhmet with a shrug his quarrel was not with her though she certainly wasn't managing to be high on his list of deities and higher powers.  None the less he let both his commentary and her own wordplay lie for the time being.  

"See and no biting."  He pointed out with gesture to Set then a frown and glance to the deity, "That, that was a one time thing I promise..."  he stammered really derailing his whole righteous indignation train, "I know what to expect now."  he promised with a small smile and nervously glanced to his mother, "Not that we were going to be... I mean,"  he laughed weakly, "Not something for a first real date right?"

"You know how your father is, Huang. You challenge his authority and he's going to come down like a ton of bricks. Especially when you've caught him when he's running on adrenaline and instinct," Taylor pointed out, propping her hands on her hips with her weight canted to the side and heavy on one heel, "You're half human. Ish. Your father isn't, anymore. He can get very autocratic in his declarations. Pushing back harder isn't going to change his mind, you'll just end up with him leaping out of the shadows at odd times to enforce his decrees. You really don't want your father spending more time lurking in the corners of your dorm room to ensure your well being."

She sighed, lifting one hand, "You're sixteen. I think," that was added with a small frown at her time displaced off spring, "Old enough to date but with some ground rules." She shook her head at her offspring, her sigh weary, "I swear, some days, you're too much your father's son."

Reaching out, she smoothed his hair down in a gesture that was affectionately maternal before finally turning her attention to Set. "You're teenagers and things were clearly heading that direction. Good intentions are well and fine but it's part and parcel of the, ah, experience." Here, Talyor's words hiccuped and she hoped that her cheeks weren't flushing. She was supposed to have a good ten or twelve years before having to have these sorts of talks. "And it's very easy in the moment for things to get heated and carried away. You... you might not even actually notice if there were other things going on." She cleared her throat, "Anyway."

Sekhmet coughed awkwardly and suddenly became very interested in the ceiling tiles of Huang's dorm room while Set looked much less excited to hear about the exploits of Phantom and her prodigious legs than he had been at the fair grounds. "Ahem. Aye, well. In the interests of full disclosure I should admit that irking said foulmouthed forbearer hardly registers as a negative possibility," the shorter of the Heliopolians spoke up, as much to steer the conversation away from the sorceress' personal experiences as anything else. The godling wasn't overly given to transparency but making a point to vocally side with Huang seemed worth the departure from form. "While there may be a great many things for which I could reasonably be reprimanded--" Sekhmet made a sound that was to a snort what an elephant was to a warthog. "--it seems a smidge unreasonable to take us to task for something we've yet to actually do."

Huang fixed his mother a petulant look and huffed, "I'm not interested in changing his mind."  he said flatly, "powers above and below knows that isn't in my capabilities."  he murmured frankly and sullenly looked on as she made the very good point that giving his fathers ample free time a target in the form of ruining his life may not however be the best of choices.  "Fine ground rules then that's fine,"  he agreed then soured as she got way to personal about the biting thing, "Oh mom please..."  he squirmed, "I get it I'll make sure you don't have to know about my love life, point taken."  he held up his hands in mock surrender.

He stepped back next to Set and took the other boys hand, "He has a point though."  he argued carefully as he was much less certain than Set that the course had not been sailing in that precise direction, "I mean other than dodge dads dictums we didn't actually do anything wrong,"  he smirked slightly, "didn't even break the girls in the dorm rule."  he added with a cheeky laugh.

Taylor fixed her off spring and the object of his affection with a distinctly unamused look, her hands planted firmly on her hips as she watched them both for a long, uncomfortable moment, "Jack Huang Faretti Junior, I have been arguing semantics with gods and demons since long before you were born. Someday, you will likely be in my league but you're not there yet. There are any number of rules I could be pointing out - the use of blood magic in your dorms to bring in an outsider, for example, is not exactly approved of in Claremont's list of rules. Or, for example, helping Set route Sekhmet to dodge her ground rules."

Taylor gestured towards the demi-goddess with a short, sharp gesture. "However, I've always believed that its best to focus on what's actually critical. Heshem knows that you'll go your own path. Defiance, I fear, is in your genetics every bit as much as blue eyes and dimples. It is my very difficult task to see that you develop the skills to survive that instinct. So, first ground rule; no sneaking off. If Set's going to come visit here at Claremont, then he can go through the front gate and not get ripped from Sekhmet into your bedroom. For mercy's sake, go out to eat or go to the movies. Have a conversation that lasts for more than ten minutes, hm?"

"Well, who doesn't love arguing semantics?" Set asked blithely, even if he couldn't entirely suppress a slight squirming in his seat under Phantom's glare. Sekhmet growled in response to the question, drawing a much put-upon sigh from the godling. "Aye, but you hate everything fun, oh Mistress of Dread, hence the previously established need for dodging. Similarly I think tis fair to say we might be less rushed were we not consistently being interrupted rather forcefully, eh, oh inheritor of dimples most charming?" Set seemed to be under the impression that the tone of things was beginning to turn their way and some of his usual exuberance was beginning to return as he grinned in Huang's direction. "Couldn't have a conversation with our mouths full or whilst viewing a motion picture, surely. Terrible poor manner either way! Mayhaps I'm simply out of date...?"

"Technically use of powers on campus is sanctioned so long as they do not harm student, staff, or property."  Huang pointed out with a grin because really arguing semantics was really as enjoyable an exercise as most, "And all that,"  he gestured from Set to Sekhmet pointedly, "Is really more guidelines anyway."  he countered with a small smile knowing full well the delicate dance of flexible rules that governed Phantoms mandate, He really was her son, for better or worse.

He returned Sets smile with his own, "Well she does have a point I suppose,"  he smirked at Taylor slightly likely just a tad too smugly, "I mean rushing into things before we've had even a single real date is no way to build a meaningful lasting relationship."  He said his tone thick with irony, Taylor and Jack really needed to stop draggin out the full history of their relationship in fights within Huang and JJ's hearing.

Taylor held onto her temper but the look she fixed Huang's smug expression with was distinctly not amused, "So be it," it sounded oddly more formal, her cool intonation as much warning as Jack's red-eyed glare might have been. Huang had found the line in the sand and any more nettling of his mother was going to result in things that he would not enjoy, "Then you can work out the details of your date under Sekhmet's gaze and enjoy having a conversation where your mouths are not engaged in anything other than talking."

Her dark brow arched up, her chin tipped slightly as she smacked down the challenge implicit in Huang's smile, "That was what you just agreed to, after all. Now, I ought see about bringing your father around as that will take some not inconsiderable effort."

• 2 weeks later...

"You may be underestimating the enjoyment we each derive from talking," Set put forward before deciding that perhaps this was an opportunity to exercise his oft neglected sense of discretion and standing up from the couch to give Phantom a deferential bow. "Your fair and measured terms do only credit to you and your patron, of course. My graditude."

Sekhmet looked considerably less pleased with the arrangement, making a low sound in the back of her throat as she looked between the others in the dorm room. "...methinks I have no wish to be privy to such discourse, though duty demands no less," she muttered largely to herself with a sour expression as she began to suspect that she had ended up as the only real loser that day. Listening to Set's flirting was bad enough when no one was reciprocating but at least she would hopefully be able to keep him and Huang out of trouble. Some of it anyway.

Set stifled a smirk, schooling himself into the best of behaviour. "Effort shall be made to avoid scarring you permanently, oh Lady of Slaughter. Pinkie swear." Looking to Huang and then back to Phantom the godling hesitated, shifting weight from foot to foot. "I... would have you know that I did not realize his lineage until well into our initial encounter, Chosen One," he began with uncharacteristic difficultly, head ducking slightly between his bare shoulders. "Not that I expect I would have acted differently, I suppose, but truly I intended no betrayal of your trust."

Huang dropped his gaze at his mother's tone, he knew not to push further as much as his rebellious streak might have demanded, after all it was perhaps unwise to nettle the person able to send your boy-girl-genderfluidgod-friend back to the heliopan realms never to return.  "Well maybe chewing?"  he suggested with a small dimpled grin, "Dinner maybe?"  he suggested and glanced at Sekhmet with a small laugh, "We could find you your own companion."  he offered with a wry smile there were any number of acquaintances he disliked enough to convince them to date sekhmet.  He rolled his eyes at Sets artful apology.  "She's my mother not my owner."  he pointed out archly, "Besides she all but set us up."  he added with a grin, "even if her intention was like as not to prove she was still hip to the young crowds."  he teased mildly.