Erik had a dry rejoinder ready as he swung back up onto his feet that turned into a nonplussed, open mouthed silence as Min greeted Talya rather more warmly than he'd been expecting. He waited, blinking slowly, until the kiss ended to briefly check to see if he'd somehow sustained a head injury of some sort while sparring eventually concluding that he probably wasn't actually hemorrhaging into his brain. He supposed the Englishwoman had technically offered and his wife had never been one to stand on ceremony or to waste time. "Uh. Well," he managed somewhat inarticulately, reaching out to lean nonchalantly on the half wall surrounding the rooftop and missing on his first attempt, "Glad everyone's... getting along?" Maybe it was a European thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natalya had never, ever failed to take all advantage of a presented opportunity so when Min stepped close, her lips curved in a slow smile although she let Erik's bride set just how far she wanted to take the embrace. She had no idea exactly where this was leading - despite the evidence, Talya didn't actually know Erik's wife although she was certainly enjoying the process of rectifying that. Talya's fingertips grazed along one of the woman's fine, high cheekbones, her thumb against Min's jaw. When Min pulled back, Talya let her fingertips linger for a moment before falling down to curve around her shoulders, "You. Are delightful."

Laughter made Talya's voice husky and she turned her head to catch Erik's brief and quickly recovered stumble. Her expression was bemused. 

Min simply smiled and inclined her head at the compliment.  With a hand lightly resting on their guests hip, the dryad stepped far enough away from Talya to where she could reach her husband only to pull him toward Talya and herself.  Still, for the moment, keeping her thoughts to herself Min leaned forward to kiss her husband in a fashion very similar to the one from just a few moments prior.

"I approve, beloved," Min said when she finally broke contact.  "I like this one, and you will not keep her waiting anymore.  It would be rude."  For emphasis the bronzed woman maneuvered Erik to face Talya, nose to nose like they were when she discovered them.

Erik found his balance again as Min pulled him toward her, laughing softly into the kiss at how easy it apparently was to tease him. Leaning into the dryad, he obviously wasn't expecting it when she spun him around close enough to their guest that his hand landed instinctively on Talya's waist. "Well I wouldn-- oh madre de Dios." His sienna skin tone wasn't dark enough to hide the full faced flush that extended down to his neck as he looked between the two women before getting stuck on the blonde's clear blue eyes. "Min, I don't think-- I mean, don't get me wrong, just-- I know the flirting is part of your shtick, Talya, so-- Oh, I'm going to the special hell," he sighed in resignation before closing the distance, his cheeks warm and lips slightly dry as he did his damnedest to live up to the example his wife had set. This kiss was less exploratory and more urgent, his hand sliding up the back of her turtleneck to rest between her shoulder blades while the other gripped Min's fingers almost frantically. He'd never been one to let good sense come before action, after all.

Talya could have told him that there was flirting and then there was flirting and then there was showing up here to test her own willpower. Talya, really, could have said many sorts of things but she wasn't good at truth. Lies had always come easier until they became second nature; like a warm blanket or a second skin. Talya wasn't here to lie, though, so she kept her mouth shut and her expression serene as Erik waffled. Never let them see you sweat, after all, was the first rule in a life of deceit. More observant eyes might notice the faint tension in her posture or the slight dimple as she held her lips just a little too tight to be a relaxed sort of smile. Her relief when the swordsman committed to a course of action was just as understated, the sudden relaxation under Min's steady hand and the soft sigh of a long held breath, quickly swallowed by a kiss as Erik closed the distance. 

Talya's fingers remained on Min's waist but the rest of her body relaxed into Erik, her fingertips sliding around his shoulder to tangle in the short hair at the nape of his neck. There was none of Talya's typical, cool control. The kiss was a raw, primal sort of thing that exposed a good deal more of the woman than she ever cared to express. Talya kissed, really, like if this was going to be her one chance then, by heavens, it would be a kiss to remember. 

She remain tangled in their arms when she pulled back, her own still looped around the married couple. Now would be the time to make a pithy remark - something clever to diffuse things and return them to the safely controlled arena that was more her domain. Talya's mind refused to offer any up. So, instead she went with honest, "I missed you," she told Erik before turning to smile sidelong at Min, a sweet sort of smile that looked very different from her typical cool confidence. "And, you - lovely lady - are in a league of your own."

"Yeah, she has some pretty good ideas now and then," Erik agreed a little breathlessly, casting a grin at Min. Smile aside both women were close enough to feel that practically every muscle in his body was tensed, the way he got when he was waiting for the first punch in a fight to be thrown, ready to leap in any direction at a moment's notice. "Missed you, too," he admitted quietly. "Not, ah, not exactly how I saw the reunion going, y'know, but, ah, stammer stammer ramble ramble." He gave the words a melodic lilt to them until they were practically nonsense syllables, letting off just a fraction of his piano wire taught tension. The kiss had been great, better than great, but he was completely at a loss for what he was supposed to do next. He was acutely aware that he was the only one on the rooftop who had actually only been around the block as many times as he looked. "...girls are asleep?" he asked his wife, swallowing a little more slowly than usual.

"They are," Min answered, directing a small nod at her husband.

She turned toward Talya and kissed the stunning blond once again.  It didn't have the same sense of urgency the one shared between her husband and the Englishwoman did, there wasn't literal years of pent up tension for that, but it did convey a sense of promise that was all the more evident when Min glanced at the door and indicated it with a tilt of her head when she finally allowed Talya a moment to breath.

"There is a chill up here," she murmured.  "It is much warmer in our chambers."

"Really? This was exactly how I wanted it go," Talya murmured to Erik with a ghost of her usual sass although the effect was certainly changed when the tone was genuinely breathless. Her blue gaze cut away, breaking eye contact before her expression could show the truth of her glib words. Min provided an easy alternative as Talya shifted to examine the elegant woman at her side, and the embrace she offered was a welcome escape from the difficulties that talking provided. 

Talya captured her lower lip between her teeth at the blatant offer in Min's words. Her fingertips came up to lightly tuck back one long strand of white hair behind Min's delicately pointed ear. "No one would say no to that offer," Talya replied before canting her body to the side to glance up at Erik. "But... only if its what you both want."

"Oh, this is a thing that's happening," Erik confirmed emphatically in a growl that reverberated throughout his entire chest. Dipping down quickly he scooped Talya up in both arms before she could protest, one arm under her knees and the other supporting her back. "This is what happens when you talk about being bored in range of Min's plants," he added, tilting his head to kiss the mostly-former thief on the neck just below her ear where blonde locks fell away. He was acting entirely on runaway momentum but then that had historically worked out pretty well for him and Talya had a point: it would have taken a very particular sort of stupid to disagree with the dryad's suggestion. "Could you get the door, love?"

Talya's arms went around Erik's shoulders encircling them once more as she was lifted. It was far easier to carry the willing - and Talya was certainly that! As Erik nuzzled her ear, a soft, throaty hum vibrated in her throat. "I will keep that in mind in the future. I get bored very easily, you know," Talya's voice was a soft murmur of sound. She did not make Erik's task of getting down the stairs easier - per say - but no one can say that it was not a fully enjoyable trip down the stairs. Talya, after all, was entirely willing to take advantage of Erik's sure footedness and egged on by Min's husky laughter; demonstrated at least one of the ways she managed to shed her clothes quite so quickly when on the job. Fortunately, any stumbles fell lightly enough on the stairs that there was no stirring from the rest of the Espadas apartment and the three were more than able to take advantage of the silence for very pleasant afternoon, indeed. 

"See?" a lyrical voice murmured against Talya's neck, "it is much warmer in here."

Partially draped over the Englishwoman, Min perked her head up from where she was absently kissing and nipping at pale flesh to look across to her husband who was presently occupied pursuing his own distraction with the woman between them.  The white haired woman watched for a bit, the smile on her face had become a near permanent fixture ever since she met Talya before she quietly cleared her throat.

"We should, perhaps, discuss this," Min said quietly.

Talya's posture had been languid, stretched out between the two with her eyes shut, and her lips curved in a small, contented smile. As Min spoke up, it was really downright admirable that neither her posture nor expression even twitched. It was only where her body touched theirs that the sudden tight tension that replaced her sleepy languor became utterly clear. Her eyes opened slowly, as if the urge to ninja right the heck on out before there could be discussions was not foremost in her thoughts. 

"Alright," Talya said, her tone just as relaxed as her expression as she opened bright blue eyes to look up at Min first, her gaze scanning the woman's features. She relaxed minutely in that the smile was still there although the tension had no where near fully left her. Her gaze flicked to Erik then, gauging his expression as well before she added, slowly, "What would you like to discuss in particular?" 

Talya's immaculate show of nonchalance would have fooled nearly anyone but Erik was at least as fluent in the subtleties of body language as he was in any method of speech and at that moment he was intimately aware of every movement the blonde woman made. "Hey," he murmured softly, placing a hand on her stomach in a comforting gesture while simultaneously revealing his own worry that she might attempt to bolt from the room. "Not a bad discussion We don't... do this every time a friend visits and wants to kill a few hours." He looked over Talya to meet Min's eyes for confirmation. "That was special." His opposite arm had ended up comfortably under Talya's neck, the fingers twining gently in long strands of snow white hair. He licked his lips, trying to frame everything into words when he wanted to just show them what he was feeling. "I... I don't totally know what that was but... I don't think it was a one-time whatever it was?"

Talya dropped one hand onto the one on her stomach in mute reassurance that she wasn't really going to kick him to the side and roll out of bed like they were under attack. Besides, she'd have been hard pressed to manage it. Talya was reasonably confident that she couldn't have escaped the two Espadas if they weren't willing to let her do so - which was both unusual and appealing, in a way. Absently, she threaded her fingers through Erik's hand as she tipped her head to the side to watch him as he spoke. Whatever had caused her flight reflex, it leached out of her slowly at the assurances that it was neither a flight of fancy nor a bad discussion. She relaxed once more, genuinely this time. 

"It was special," she confirmed as reassurances gave way to questions. Talya shifted slightly so she could tuck her shoulder against Erik's chest and look up at his wife, her lips curved in a small smile that was more natural, "Though I would hope not. You'd never get anything done t'all if that was the standard greeting."

Her free hand came up to touch Min's chin with a gentle, light touch that ghosted along her jaw. "I don't, you know, do this at the drop of a hat either. Despite rumors to the contrary, I should note." 

Kissing the palm of Talya's hand as it passed by, Min caught Erik's look and gave him a slight nod.  Her free hand covered the others resting lightly on the semi-ex-thief's stomach, giving them the carefully measured squeeze of someone that was acutely aware of their strength.  "We want you to stay," Min said looked down at Talya.  "Here, a part of our lives, a part of our everything.  We want you to stay."

She settled back down on the bed, cheek resting against Talya's shoulder, slightly unfocused eyes locked in the direction of the joined hands before she turned her head to look up at her husbands eyes seeking the same silent confirmation he sought earlier.  "Talya feels.. right, beloved," Min murmured.  "Like you did when I first met you, like finding another part of myself."

Talya relaxed fully then, her expression relaxing from deliberate nonchalance to contentment. "Alright," she agreed in the same relaxed tone that she'd used to reply to the first topic of the discussion but the return of lassitude in her body made it clear that this 'alright' was genuine. She wiggled once to cuddle deeper into the tangle of limbs, shifting to anchor Min's legs with one of her own, "I'll stay as long as you'd like to keep me."

She shifted slightly, dropping a gentle kiss on Min's head where it was tucked against her shoulder in response to what certainly sounded like high praise, indeed. "Perhaps that'll even be long enough to teach someone to make a proper cup of tea." Talya added, her tone turning teasing although her ribbing of Erik had a rather different tone when delivered quite like this. The flirtation inherent in it became much more obvious when accompanied by the slight nudge of her bare shoulder against his chest.

Edited by alderwitch

"If it keeps you from disappearing again I'm prepared to be just an atrocious student," Erik pledged in a mock-serious tone, slipping his hand out from under Talya's to grab Min's hip and pull her closer, pinning the Englishwoman between them. Ducking his head toward the shoulder nudging him he kissed her collarbone, letting his teeth lightly scrape against fair skin as lips curled in a smile. He'd never have said there was anything missing from his relationship with his wife and this wasn't filling some previously empty void. It was additive, generating a rush of new variations on familiar feelings that he wanted to guard jealously. He got the impression that he was going to need a whole new set of vocabulary to articulate and navigate those feelings.

His ruminations were interrupted by the stomping of little feet rushing across linoleum before an insistent pounding sounded on the closed door to their bedroom. "Snaaaaacks!" Eden bellowed into the wood with fervor that seemed to outstrip the capacity of her little lungs. "Snacks snacks snacks snacks..." The three year old continued the chant as she hit the door rhythmically. The frustrated cries of an infant followed, somewhat more muffled, as the noise roused Mia as well.

"So I think Eden might have woken up," her father remarked with a small sigh, working to reluctantly untangle himself from the pair of women in bed with him.

"Had to happen eventually," Min said chuckling.  "Let's be thankful we had as much time as we did."

Every bit as reluctant as Erik, Min slowly slipped from her comfortable spot on the bed but not before kissing Talya one more time.  Standing at the foot of the bed the dryad languidly stretched, cat-like, before padding over to where her robe was hung.  She tossed the pair of lounge hangs that were hanging on the hook at Erik before slipping the robe on and adjusting her hair, all while Eden continued her call for snacks.

With a quick look toward Erik and Talya, Min pulled open the door and intercepted the racing Eden before she made it too far into the room.  "Not so fast," Min gently chided her eldest daughter, "Daddy will be out in a moment to get you your snacks, so go sit at the kitchen table while I get your sister."

Edited by Sorus

Talya had tensed at the first heavy foot fall only to place it as the not-so-soft pitter patter of small feet and relax once more. She was not above enjoying watching them both move from bed to action as she rolled to her side and slipped out from the sheets herself. Talya paused, her expression distinctly disconcerted and rather naked as she dropped her hands on her hips as she scanned the floor.

"Oh for the love of... my clothes never made it out of the stairwell," Talya's tone was bemused  as she twisted to look at the door as Min went to open it. The moment the handle turned - Talya vanished from sight, fading into the background in an instant. Normally, she made efforts to make the trick look harder than it was but at the moment, Talya was mostly concerned about her first introduction to their daughter being one where she had her clothes on. She moved stealthily over to Erik's shirt instead, reappearing there as she snagged it off the ground once Min had their daughter in hand.

Talya claimed the shirt for coverage although she had every intention of sneaking off to the stairwell to put herself to rights before joining Min in the kitchen. Provided they actually wanted that...? Tugging the shirt on, she turned towards Erik, "Do you want me to go get dressed and join you, or slip off of the roof...?" She asked the question, as she reached up to run a hand through her hair and restore it to some semblance of order.

"For somebody who just said she'd stay you seem to be having a lot of trouble with the basic concept," Erik observed as he turned back around to look at Talya. If he'd noticed her literal disappearing act or sensed anything odd her certainly wasn't showing any indication. Stepping close enough to place a reassuring hand briefly on her waist he clarified, "Don't particularly want you to get dressed but we definitely don't want you jumping off the roof so let's go with the dinner option, huh?" Grinning he headed back over to the door and stooped to scoop a protesting Eden up in his arms, freeing Min up to see to Mia's wailing. "Hey, you little monster! Are you sure you really want snacks? I don't know, I don't think you do."

"Daddieeeee!" Eden groaned, bopping the top of her father's head with little fists in exasperation before catching sight of a new person over his shoulder. "...are you a cowboy?!" she asked Talya with a gasp and wide green eyes.

"I said I'd stay but I didn't want to assume-" Talya cut the words off rather than delve into the nuances of 'stay' and all its possible implications. She put a hand on Erik's back as she went to step past him, the touch light but familiar as he scooped up his daughter. She'd intended to move past and retrieve things like skirt and boots (and the lockpicks and other sundry parts of her clothing that had amused Min so) only to pause at the wide eyed question.

"Am I... Ahah, no. Alas, I am not a cowboy," Talya said with a smile, her accent clear in her clipped speech, glancing down to her toes as if she could possibly discern where the question had come from. The minds of three year olds were strange and difficult to fathom "I do have a cowboy hat and I have ridden horses. Does that count?"

"It ticks off two important parts of the list," Min opined returning to the kitchen, robe off one shoulder and a much more subdued Mia cradled in her arm.  As she moved past the sometimes-retired-spy to help Erik get Eden settled, her free hand lightly brushed Talya's waist and she gave the other woman a warm and "welcome to the chaos that is our life, please don't run" smile.

"What were you thinking for dinner?" Min asked Erik once a light snack of celery, peanut butter and raisins was laid out for Eden.  The corners of her mouth twisted into an roguish grin, amber eyes full of laughter as she suggested, "Quesadillas?"

"I'm gon' be cowboy when I'm bigger," Eden explained to Talya from her seat, more interested in using the sticks of celery as building toys than as food for all her impassioned demands for food minutes before. "Then I'll have all the motorcycles and none for everybody else!" She crowed triumphantly, bouncing up and down as she set upon the raisins with a similar lack of mercy.

"Ha! Sure, I can do that," Erik confirmed to his wife's suggestion, tousling Eden's light brown hair on the way over to the kitchen counter. "You remember Bill-- Colt?" he asked their guest as he started to get what he needed together. "He and Lynn went back to his home dimension around the time you disappeared and... and time works differently there." He looked away for a moment, having through he could get through the sentence without needing to dissemble but still finding it a difficult topic to discuss. He expected that, given her long life, the Englishwoman would understand what he was inferring. "Anyway, Lynn's been back in town for a bit and she likes to tell stories when we visit with the girls."

"Tía Lynn can turn real smalls and swoosh!" Eden added, demonstrating the visual of pixie sized flight with a dangerously peanut butter laden celery stick.

Talya's smile for Min was small but there was reassurance there as she dropped down onto the available seat with an easy grace. The leap from cowboy to motorcycle was equally confusing until the explanation was offered, "Only by reputation," she said as understanding flickered across her features, subtle but present. Thanks to Ace, she had more passing familiarity with the concept of 'time works differently, she offered softly, "I'm sorry."

Talya, after all, well understood the phenomena of outliving one's friends. She turned back to Eden's excitement with an indulgent smile, "I have seen that trick in action. It's really quite a wonder." She offered as she reached out to ensure that the swinging celery stick ended up no where truly important. "Though really, you could combine them and get a flying motorcycle. Best of all worlds."

She turned her head towards the couple then, arching a brow at the dinner plans. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked with a smile, and then added to Min, "Someone was implying earlier that I might not how to make a proper meal for myself. I think your perceptions of my day to life are clearly far more glamorous than the reality, Erik, but, to be fair, I work very hard to create that image."

Min laughed.

"Sometimes I think he only opens his mouth to change feet," the dryad said a chuckle, casting an appraising glance at her husband.  Then turning to give Talya an appreciable she added,  "But considering the result of that implication, I don't think he has any regrets making it."  Switching Mia from one arm to another and adjusting her robe accordingly the ancient dryad leaned toward Talya and in a stage whisper said, "Just sit back and enjoy the show, dear heart, trust me it is worth it."

Edited by Sorus