Praetorians looking for new members

Thevshi

I even picture it resembling a large amoeba of sorts, with the 'nucleus' serving as a storage place. It would carry tools, a translator-droid or some other communication device, and other stuff in these 'centrioles' for lack of a better term.

Features 1 (Internal Compartment) [1PP] from Ultimate Power.

The very fact that the inspiration for this character came from a relatively optimistic science fiction TV show makes it pretty likely that, yeah, it's appropriate.

I'm not sure I'd go full Fortitude Immunity like Geez3r did, since, for example, I could see Disintegrate/Corrosion effects working on them, and the Drain Toughness component of that is Fort-based.  And Odo needed to sleep.  But at the very least, I could see full Life Support, Aging, Starvation/Thirst, and Critical Hits (since the body is homogenous).  And he could take some serious punishment, so I'm not sure I'd rely on Defensive Roll for toughness.  You could justify some serious Protection and/or Constitution, possibly even with Impervious.  I like taking Impervious on regenerating/shapeshifting creatures with the descriptor being that they heal so fast the damage was barely noticeable.  And you could justify some actual Regen, too.

And, of course, you'll want Morph if you can do the shapeshifting thing.

Hey Shoji, thanks for the interest!

As Rav and Shaen have stated, the idea certainly sounds like it fits with the Freedom City/Space setting, as for the background, either of the two you are thinking of could work.  There would certainly be a place for such a character in the Praetorians.

As for the mechanics of building it, I think Shaen has some great suggestions on how to do so.

As for Thrude, way I see it, the easiest way to get her into a crossover with the Praetorians is to have some alien menace attack Earth in some way, then she beats it, and when it flees, she follows it all the way into deep space, because "Leaving is good, but never coming back is better."

12 hours ago, ShaenTheBrain said:

As for Thrude, way I see it, the easiest way to get her into a crossover with the Praetorians is to have some alien menace attack Earth in some way, then she beats it, and when it flees, she follows it all the way into deep space, because "Leaving is good, but never coming back is better."

That sounds like a plan Shaen, I shall work on coming up with an appropriate menace and getting things rolling soon.

12 hours ago, GranspearZX said:

I've put a lot of thought into this, and I think I have something for an alien psionic, quite possibly one of the original Praetorians. Still fleshing it out though, but her power set is similar to the build I made for a darkness-manipulator character I threw around.

Sounds good Gran.

• 3 months later...