Praetorians looking for new members

Thevshi

A few players that have made members of for the Praetorians have either left or are currently inactive. 

So, we are looking for some new players to make PCs for the space based team.

The Praetorians are heavily influenced by DC's Legion of Superheroes and Marvel's Shi'ar Imperial Guard.  For those interested, there are two options for a "new" character: 1) they could be one of the original Praetorians, former guardians of a space empire 2,000 years ago and awoken from suspended animation during the Incursion or 2) a new member from the present day that has joined the group post-Incursion. 

Some archtypes that we are currently missing on the team:

Martial Artist
Telepath or other Psionic
We are also a little light on energy projection/other range based powersets.

I've been playing with a concept for a deserter from the Stellar Khanate, in all the chaos, who might fit in.

Power-wise, she's going to be device-based, dressed up in a mech or heavy battlesuit, with plenty of survivability and a ranged energy damage attack-set.

Edited by Almilee
  • 1 month later...

Well, unfortunately one problem right now is the team is getting a little too heavy in the number of humans vs aliens (which the concept originally was designed toward). 

I would really like to expand the number of aliens on the team before adding any more humans.

Well, I was not actually counting Thurde as human (Traveller, Cavalier and Solar Sentinel, when Thunder gets around to revamping him). 

But in any event, one of my main goals as a GM and with the Praetorians was to offer as many opportunities as possible for players.  So, with that in mind, I will work in Thurde and Queenie.  In fact, I have some ideas in mind that could prove a good way to introduce both to space and the Praetorians.

So here's the original description of the Nameless, the race my telapath belongs to, and here's some later refinement of the concept. I would be playing Ditra Fifty-Five of the Diplo class, sort of like Counselor Troi if she could actually do something. I would probably lose the minor shapeshifting stuff to focus on a combination of telepathy and machine interfacing, which I think would be damn useful in space.

Edited by Heritage
8 hours ago, Thevshi said:

But in any event, one of my main goals as a GM and with the Praetorians was to offer as many opportunities as possible for players.  So, with that in mind, I will work in Thurde and Queenie.  In fact, I have some ideas in mind that could prove a good way to introduce both to space and the Praetorians.

Ooh, I'm interested.

Well, your choice of course Heri.  Though there has not been too much for the Praetorians since Incursion (pretty much all of it is still ongoing).

One advantage to being one of the ancient members is you can just join in without any specific introduction (and if you get the character done quickly enough, it could be possible to fit you into one of the ongoing threads, like Deadly Dozen)

It's gonna be a bit before I have time to draw up a new character; probably not until the term ends next month.  Can you provide a link or two of good background material on the Praetorians?

Edit: how about I start with the link in your original post? Need to pay closer attention! ;)

Edited by Heritage

I had an idea, but I've no idea how to adapt it to the system. Basically, a sentient liquid being. Odo from DS9, Inque from Batman:Beyond. These beings appear to be rolling spheres of colored liquid with limited shape shifting abilities, resistant to a lot of environmental damage, have some life support abilities, and so forth. damage avoidance comes from it basically being a resealing liquid rather than an actual cell with a membrane. Might have some limitations as needing a trans coder/device to 'speak' or some other odd way of communicating (biochemical?). I even picture it resembling a large amoeba of sorts, with the 'nucleus' serving as a storage place. It would carry tools, a translator-droid or some other communication device, and other stuff in these 'centrioles' for lack of a better term.

The origin stories of something like this could range from 'created in a lab' to 'whole planet of these creatures'...

Is this corny? Any ideas on how to make this work? Is it appropriate for the Praetorians setting?

Edited by shojikitsune
Stupid enter button, capslocks, and reasons.
5 hours ago, shojikitsune said:

I had an idea, but I've no idea how to adapt it to the system. Basically, a sentient liquid being. Odo from DS9, Inque from Batman:Beyond. These beings appear to be rolling spheres of colored liquid with limited shape shifting abilities, resistant to a lot of environmental damage, have some life support abilities, and so forth. damage avoidance comes from it basically being a resealing liquid rather than an actual cell with a membrane. Might have some limitations as needing a trans coder/device to 'speak' or some other odd way of communicating (biochemical?). I even picture it resembling a large amoeba of sorts, with the 'nucleus' serving as a storage place. It would carry tools, a translator-droid or some other communication device, and other stuff in these 'centrioles' for lack of a better term.

The origin stories of something like this could range from 'created in a lab' to 'whole planet of these creatures'...

Is this corny? Any ideas on how to make this work? Is it appropriate for the Praetorians setting?

How to build Inque? Well there's at least been one stab at the idea. is it an appropriate character for Freedom City? If it's heroic, then yes. Should they be on the Praetorians? Are they alien and/or would you like them to be a Praetorian.