Agnus did her best diva eye roll at Erick’s suggestion, something a few years ago she would have done as a serious thing.

“Do you know how tedious doing trades show are? The only people having less fun are the booth babes, though the gossip you get is almost priceless.” she gave a sly little smile “The sacrifices I make for this team...”

With a little laugh she moved onto the more practical matters of the entire ideas.

“I’m just famous enough not to raise any alarms but these things aren't exactly a turn up at the door event. Anyone got a way to get me in without raising any suspeciousions?”

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dee was lost in thought a moment as she pulled up the information she had seen on Spartan that Colonel Ellis and Agent Salazar had displayed and provided earlier, comparing it to what she knew about the incident with Pan Star in Mozambique.  It only took a few moments before she responded to Foreshadow's comment about any potential overlap. 

<No, no overlap.  Spartan and the others had already defected before the kidnapping incident in Mozambique.  So it was years after he was operating there with the UN.> 

"We could split up and have some of us out in public, with some of us watching in the wings."  She commented aloud as they began discussing how to approach the operation.  "Certainly would not hurt to start keeping an eye on the good doctor as soon as possible, in case they go for him outside the conference."

Edited by Thevshi

GM

"I do not believe we would be able to set up for you to actually perform at the event at such short notice."  Colonel Ellis commented.  "Unless you think you could pull some strings and get one of the current performers to back out and be there to step into their place.  But we can certainly arrange for passes to the event without raising too many questions." 

"There are a number of other venues nearby that I could pull a few strings with and arrange a performance at on short notice."  Agent Salazar added.  "And if you do want to have some of you waiting in the wings, we have a yacht that is fully equipped as a surveillance station that can be in Dubai within the week.  It can get you right up to the city and serve as a staging area."

"Push come to shove we could probably work our magic and make them a very good offer.  But, work smarter not harder.  Unless our star attraction objects, an alternate venue will do the trick.  Like Dee said we'll need to split up anyways."  Foreshadow responded.  He was slightly disappointed by the fact that there wasn't an obvious connection to Pan Star from that time period.  But, the world wasn't always so kind to hand out coincidences like that.

Rather than party on a nearby yacht.  What do you think about letting me run off to have a look around the good doctor's living accommodations while we're there?  I'm sure there will be less snipers waiting in the wings than that time in Egypt.  So no need to worry.  They were still operating on a bit of a lack of information.  Something that could help figure out why exactly the agents turned mercenaries where after this man to begin with.

Agnus gave a little sigh and gave a put upon look on her face, it was difficult to tell how much was an act of the real deal.

“I really don’t like performing in Dubai, but if I must I shall do my part. I might have to pay my agent a little extra for this, and make sure she doesn’t book any follow up deals.”

Of cause she wasn’t quite a vapid as her pop persona appeared sometimes and she added to their mental link.

So we’re agreed to basically run this our way, whilst making sure that this lot are happy with what's going down. I think I enjoy this job to much sometimes.

<There can be all the snipers they want, just so long as there are no crocodile men.>  Dee retorted over the mental link.  Then after a moments pause, she added, <but it would be good to see if there is anything more we can learn about this Dr. Bhwarda.  If you leave the grav bike with me, I would be able to get in as backup should things go bad.>

When Agnus "spoke" up about things being decided, the young Englishwoman mentally responded.  <Sounds like a good plan, and I think they should be plenty happy if we capture their wayward agents.>

You just want to drive her some more.  Heh, sounds like a good idea though.  You handle my bike better than I do.  Hopefully I won't run into trouble.  Though Foreshadow wasn't so optimistic as to believe things would exactly go so smoothly as to not need to call in the cavalry.

Foreshadow smiled at the mental admittance of loving their jobs too much.  A sentiment he shared.  Seeing as they couldn't have Agnus be the only person still speaking in front of the UNISON agents, he figured he'd add his own bit of humor to her performance statement.  "On that note, thanks for shopping Air Vanguard.  I hope you like your rogue agents gift wrapped.  We might charge a little extra for shipping and handling."

<feels like a bond film already.> Ulysses commented over the telepathic commune. having left the finer detail of the plan to the faster thinkers, he wasn't that much of a strategist after all more of a...tacticial improvisier.

"we'll get you're defectors bagged, tagged and shipped overnight on the freight train of pain." ulysses state with firm confidence of a full tank of steam and the several tonnes of steel behind it no doubt things would be much more complex than that he felt but it was no time to be fretting details, they had a plan they would stick to it till such a time it fell through or their goal had been accomplished.

GM

Colonel Ellis gave a small smile as the team appeared to settle on a general plan on how to carry out the mission.  "It sounds as if we have a general plan for moving forward, with the finer details to be decided by you."  She stated.  "We will begin things on our end, although due to the mission security we need, those will be more minimal.  But if there is anything else you will need from us, let us know." 

Agent Salazar took out a small envelope, offering it to Synapse.  "This contains a data stick with all our files on each of the four rogue agents and what information we have on Dr. Bhwarda."

“I guess we’re all done here then. Considering things probably best not to be seen leaving the building...”

Agnes seemed still pretty relaxed but the aura that surrounded her as Young Britannia seemed to increase in intensity until she was obscured by the light looking like a little glowing star.

“We'll call you. Keep in touch!”

With a sudden flash the room faded to white and them Vanguard was back in to Haven,all of them standing even if they’d left sitting down.

“I love that bit. So where do we start all this?”

Dee had taken the envelope and then given Salazar and Ellis a small nod in goodbye as Agnus began to teleport them back to London.  Moments later the four members of Vanguard were back in the central corridor of the Haven.  While the sudden transport might once have disoriented the young Englishwoman for a moment, she was quite used to the feeling now. 

"Well…for starters I will be plugging this into an isolated system to run some scans."  She stated in answer to Agnus’ question to the team, holding up the envelope Agent Salazar had given them.  "Just to be sure there is not anything we do not want getting access to VERA.  Assuming it all checks out clean, then VERA and I will start digging through what they gave us."

The Agnus express always made him glad that he didn't need his eyesight to get around.  Sure, after the first few rides your senses weren't quite so strung up on the big flashes of light.  But, it was a mixed bag whether nausea was to follow or not.  Still, it was fun in a strange world's fastest roller coaster sort of way.

"I'm nowhere near the investigative researcher our team genius is.  But, I can provide snappy commentary in the background while Dee does her thing.  Maybe spend a little bit hunting down this doctor's sleeping arrangements."  Erick answered.  He hadn't stopped to consider the possibility of UNISON using the opportunity to bug them.  It was a good call on Dee's part.  Spying was just a professional courtesy.

Ulysess grimaced as he felt the spirit writhing in objection to the teleportation, it was a strange finicky thing for all its directness and urging; but it could do nothing to sway him at the moment and so with a blinding flash and a feeling of slight nausia he found himself back in london and taking one of the "zoot chutes" as he called them to the haven, the sheer grandeur and scale of the building still inspired slight feelings of awe as he walked through it.

"Guess ill make myself busy bookin' the flight...leave a bit of a false paper trail for anyone playing at snooping..quite good mates with the travel agent, got me a nice deal on that trip to japan." he mumbles as he sets off for his quaters to retrive his travel brochure. pausing in the door way to yell back "I can put it under expenses iffin' its business right?"

• 2 months later...

GM 

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A few days later… 

The bright midday sun shone down on the sprawling city of Dubai, the heat it brought causing mirages to shimmer along the sands and pavement across the city.  The sunlight dazzled on the faces of the many high-rises that made up the city's skyline, with the Burj Khalifa dwarfing them all. 

Over in the harbor located near the Burj Al Arab, a large yacht moved into the crowded waters.  Much smaller than the numerous mega-yachts about, the yacht blended in with the many "normal" yachts that dotted the area. 

Seated up on the decks of the yacht, under some shade, sat Erick Sloane.  On a table in front of him were aerial photos of a villa located on one of the "fonds" of the Palm Jumeirah that Dr. Bhwarda was renting during the conference and a set of its construction plans.

Dee Farrington emerged from the interior of the yacht, wearing a bikini top, shorts and sandals.  The dark haired Englishwoman was drying off her hands with a small towel as she came over to where Erick was sitting, taking a chair across from him. 

"Well, all the grav-cycle's systems check out, so it is ready if we need it."  She stated with a small smile as she tossed the towel onto the table and looked over at the photos.  "Any new thoughts regarding the doctor's choice in accommodations?"    

The blonde haired Russian American sat clad in a navy blazer and khaki pants tracing his hands over the photos, essentially casing the place, until Dee's towel took his attention to the woman joining him.  Erick's eyes lingered on Dee for a moment, admiring the perks of the job, before finally contributing to the dialogue.  "I have a lot of thoughts racing through my mind, the least of them the doctor's accommodations.  But, since  you asked.  I'm curious if the location of his rented estate may not have just been an attempt to travel on a budget that makes staying in Umm Suquein too expensive.  His research may require a seafront view assuming he's still working on vacation."

The location felt like the sort of place that a scientist would avoid staying in.  The fact that he didn't follow that logic played into their favor, the pair of them had the savoir faire needed to rub elbows with the rich and frivolous.  "Being so isolated and crowded does mean that it's definitely smart not sneaking in wearing tights though.  The one time in my life wearing all black stands out."

Out above the Persian Gulf, approaching Dubai airspace 

A sleek Bombardier Global 8000 cut through the skies above the Persian Gulf, rapidly approaching Dubai's air traffic control boundary.  The luxurious private jet belonged to one of the richest men in the world, Amir Al-Misri. Seated in the main passenger cabin with Amir were Agnus and Alexander. 

While Agent Salazar and UNISON had been willing to see about pulling some strings and getting Agnus a short notice performance in Dubai, Agnus had decided that she had a much better means of gaining access to the energy expo on short notice.  It was of little surprise that one of Summit Transnational's subsidiaries was involved with the expo, so a simple phone call had provided Agnus with full access to the expo as Amir's guest.  With the slight change of plan, Alexander was now part of the entourage as Agnus' bodyguard.

Dubai Harbor

Dee smirked slightly as she picked up a photo a random and studied it.  "Any research is better with a seafront view!  The proximity to plenty of parties certainly is a plus as well."

She sat the photo down and gave Erick a grin.  "See, that's the difference between us.  I tend to wear black in orderto stand out."

As she talked, she took out her phone and quickly sent off a text message to Agnus, using the prearranged codes.

We’ve arrived.  Taking in the sights.  Cheers

The Englishwoman then set the phone down as she focused back on Erick.  "So, no sneaking about, what is the plan then?"

Amir's addage was that money made money.  Which was true.  And he had a lot of things that brought the money in.  It was a topic that when Agnus had pressed it would result in him putting her to asleep explaining things.  While there were more people knowledgeable than him in a specific topic, he had a broad depth of knowledge that was somewhat surprising.

Which was why he was going to this expo. In the heart of Dubai and there would be certain things expected, given OPEC and all of that. He was serving as an in to the event, and he didn't really ask why she was wanting to go.  Amir was of the mind that he knew she was a heroine, he didn't need to know more beyond that.

Right now, his right hand was in a claw shape going over notes for various things at the expo, and deciding what he was going to do there.  Besides just be Agnus' arm candy.  "So... Mr...  Alexander, I don't believe I am familiar with you."  The billionaire Arab American was one of the most well known heroes to not have a team or organizational affiliation.  He was known, assuredly Ulysses heard of him, and Agnus knew that in a situation where he was in a disadvantage of not knowing that he played the daft, money hungry CEO well.  

"In the music industry?  Any projects I'd heard about?"  Asked while his free hand lifted a glass and he took a sip from it.

Ulysses found himself staring out the window rather uncomfortably as the luxury airplane soared through the skies enroute to Dubai grinding his gears over the conundrum of this rather complex and delicate situation till of course Mr amir, AKA; Asad spoke up to him, he rather liked the chap...or at least the idea of him, that hard work lead to just rewards in the end.

"Aah nothing big...Was working Mainly heavy metal during the 70's and 80's, spent a lot of time listening to local talent in pubs too"he says with a sigh, and a momentary reminisce on those bygone days "Been out of touch for quite a while but when I was approaches I was delighted at the opportunity to refamiliarize myself with the industry and see how much its grown."

"Oh trust me, you'll aways stand out."  Erick teased.  His hand stretched out to reach for a glass of water he had been nursing.  Taking a sip so as to provide a pause between the casual dialogue and the breaking and entering talk.  "Can't play the drunk tourist card here, but I do have two possible plans.  I can pretend to be a rich footballer, you might have to work out some computer magic to fake me a profile.  I take up a meeting with whoever owns the place insisting for a tour while the doctor is out.  Might have to grease the wheels a little, but rich and pushy is the norm.  Especially if I claim to be buying the place rather than renting."

"My other plan if you want to avoid fraud, and keep in mind you did say it yourself the proximity to parties is a plus.  Such a plus that a new neighbor with a lot of money and the predisposition to making poor financial choices required to purchase a place here invites his neighbors to such seafront festivities.  Such a shame that in all the commotion there may not be enough eyes on the house."

“Maybe I should have signed you up, I’m sure that it’s all about to make a comeback.” she gave a rather cheeky smile at Ulysses.

“Don’t worry Asad is on the level, and know about my out of hour activities. We’ve known each other for quite a while now.”

Things had been a little weird since that day and Agnus had been a little reluctant to ask for his help, but she had to admit his money and influence open door that a mere business woman / recording artist could even get near. And beside it was nice to see him again.

"The only downside is that my family will be there.  Some of them.  This could turn... awkward."  He did not look at Agnus, he didn't have to.  She could imagine what a large clan of moderately to really devout Muslims could be in regards to the 'wayward' member of the family.  And he never stopped the game, she had seen in moments of seriousness, like the aftermath of taking a nuke to the face.  All of that.  Still he managed to show a bit of not quite there rich person.  An affable doof who would bring someone like Agnus to a serious conference.  In a plain that was painted to match his super suit (it's called branding people, look it up).

She probably still noticed the glances he'd give her, she had to, after awhile they died over the course of the flight and there was a bit of a heaviness to the moments where conversation died.  It made him shift in his rather expensive blue suit.

Looking back to Ulysses as the plane banked and made it's descent into the airport, "Oh, Asad knows.  He knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.  He also knows that if you want scotch you should have it now.  I know it's okay, but... I try not to drink in this part of the world."  He frowned a little bit and he looked at the other man carefully.  "We're getting you a few new suits.  That... no.  Just no.  I'll call a tailor I know here."  And with he flipped out his tablet and he started to tap away studiously at it.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, HG Morrison said:

"Oh trust me, you'll aways stand out."  Erick teased.  His hand stretched out to reach for a glass of water he had been nursing.  Taking a sip so as to provide a pause between the casual dialogue and the breaking and entering talk.  "Can't play the drunk tourist card here, but I do have two possible plans.  I can pretend to be a rich footballer, you might have to work out some computer magic to fake me a profile.  I take up a meeting with whoever owns the place insisting for a tour while the doctor is out.  Might have to grease the wheels a little, but rich and pushy is the norm.  Especially if I claim to be buying the place rather than renting."

"My other plan if you want to avoid fraud, and keep in mind you did say it yourself the proximity to parties is a plus.  Such a plus that a new neighbor with a lot of money and the predisposition to making poor financial choices required to purchase a place here invites his neighbors to such seafront festivities.  Such a shame that in all the commotion there may not be enough eyes on the house."

"Well, I am never one to shy away from internet fraud on behalf of Queen and Country," Dee began with a smile, "but to really pull off a convincing fake profile, we probably should have started the work on that a few days ago.""

She picked up another picture, this one of a wider shot of the house and those around it, including the strip of beach the house was along.  "But a large party that disrupts the neighborhood...that is so much easier to arrange on the fly."

"You're keyboard expert, so I'll take your word on that.  One of these days I'll consider planning that far ahead. I guess we'll have to settle for the best last minute party the UAE has ever seen."  Erick said with a coy smile.  Security wasn't wholly a large concern.  That would mean considering failure an option.

It was the location Erick couldn't get out of his mind.  The fronds had some pretty affordable rentals if you were fine with living in close spaces.  It wasn't entirely out there for this to be merely a purchase of convenience.  But, Erick's gut still leaned on the fact they lived in a world where the obvious wasn't certain.

Of course I could just be telling myself that so I don't blame myself if something happens to the others while we're over here in case I find nothing.