[Social] Stolen Valor, Part I

The Sailor

"To be honest, I envy that. Although I'd love to see the oceans of Europa sometime. Well, swim in them as they are under a icy shell." She said, taking the offered drink. "Then again, I get to see lots of crazy stuff under the sea here. Ya know we know more about the surface of the moon than we do of the ocean floor and what it holds?" She said with a smile. "Sorta been thinkin' if I take advantage of my GI-Bill I might go to HIT and get into their Oceanography efforts. Having someone that can see in the abyss like it's daytime, and stand dead still on the floor of the Challenger Deep might be something worth keeping around."

"I guess bein' a sailor is just sort of inevitable for someone like me."

"Never could catch what people see in Alcohol. Once I could have some it just... I dunno. Then again my tongue doesn't pick up on the alcohol flavor since it's not a threat." She said, looking at the city.

"Then again what keeps me going is seeing the look of relief on people's faces when I rescue them. Even in these modern times the ocean... it's a cruel mistress."

She adjusted her uniform hat a little. "Umm... has anyone here seen me in costume yet? I mean... when doing the whole heroine thing?"

She was a bit nervous to hear their opinion on her costume.

Klara looked over to where Dimitri had gone and for a few seconds was tempted to follow, but she knew that it wouldn’t help any if she did. And whilst she didn’t agree with his political view she knew he had other better reasons to be upset at her, she wasn’t at all happy at what they’d done to others when she left. Instead she decided to stay with the two Americans for a while. after all good alcohol was never something you should turn down.

“I have not been active for a very long time now, I stayed at home to raise my three daiugters whilst my wife went out to work. If you wish I have many stories and photography of our lovely talented children.”

Mary blushed. "Lucky you. I've got no family at all in this time... outside of my modern shipmates. Although I've just got out of the Navy, so dating might be on my future plans... then again being a superheroine might clip off free time."

"To be expected though, putting on the costume isn't a hobby for me. Sorta feels like what I really do." She said. Smiling. "Not fighting a war, just helping people. Anyone who needs it. Family... to be honest I don't know if I can keep that afloat for quite a bit just yet." She said.

"Man.. this Bourbon's strong, I'm actually feelin' it a little. Just a smidge though."

She looked out on the city. "To be honest I'm still adjustin' to the new skyline. Lots of new buildings in places I used to eat at or shop for clothes." She said with a smirk, her Jersey accent showing a little. "Although I wager I could jump on to the roof of any of those buildings without putting any effort into it."

"Sorta wish I could fly but then I really couldn't call myself Torpedo Lass, eh?" She said with a wink.