Sweater Weather

angrydurf

Stesha let out the breath she'd held without noticing. "One nice thing about being superheroes, we don't always have to worry about normal," she told him with a small smile, wrapping her fingers around his. "Dinner sounds great. I know a hole-in-the-wall place down near the theater district, the food is amazing and on Friday nights they have live music. I haven't been there in ages, but it's one of my favorites. Are you free?" 

Ellis laughed lightly a relaxed laugh at her small joke and nodded as he pulled his phone out to confirm his schedule, "Nothing that can't be adjusted."  he said flatly as the benefit of being an attending was making residents do your scut work when you had a date.  "That sounds great." he said giving her hand a comforting squeeze as he released it.  "I look forward to it."  he offered with a smile and frowned slightly, "Should i pick you up or?"  he asked uncertainly as really he had no idea how the whole inter-dimensional thing really worked for her.

She grinned. "That could be logistically difficult," she admitted. "I have an apartment on Prime, but some refugees are using it right now, so I'll probably just be getting ready at my house and popping in from there. But Reese Park is a couple blocks away from the restaurant, and that's where I'll probably open a portal. You could meet me there and we could walk together? We're due for some nice weather, and it's not too far."

Stesha picked up her coffee and finished it, rather enjoying the feeling of his hand still holding hers. It wasn't too fast, she reminded herself. It was eight months now since the last paperwork had been filed. God, it was going on three years since she'd gone to bed with anyone. If anything, her friends would probably say she was moving too slow. But slow worked for her.