The Dark Knight (due out 7/18/2008)

• 1 month later...

Ah....

I still have to wait until August before I get to see it. :cry:

At least I get to see all the hero flicks pretty much all near each other.

Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man, Hancock.

This is going to be a busy summer for me! :clap:

Even better than Iron Man, if I say so myself, and I thought that was damn near the best movie ever. There's just so much crammed into it, and they somehow found time to develop every character there, even the smaller roles. Simply amazing.

Oh, and yes, there was a Watchmen trailer. That movie is going to be sick! ("Sick", in this case, being good. ;) )

I heard Robin Williams had gone out for the Joker role.

And where, pray tell, might I be able to find this vicious rumor so that I might be able to smite those who would perpetrate such an abomination on a magnificent franchise? Don't get me wrong, Robin's good in some things - like Good Will Hunting, and... yeah, after that, I got nothing. But they tried casting a comedian in a Batman villain role.

riddler.jpg

That was the result. :shame:

Ledger did such a fantastic job of playing - sorry, being - the Joker, I seriously doubt anyone can fill his shoes.

Don't get me wrong, Robin's good in some things - like Good Will Hunting, and... yeah, after that, I got nothing. But they tried casting a comedian in a Batman villain role.
Yes, Good Will Hunting, also: One Hour Photo, Insomnia, Bicentennial Man, Dead Poet's Society, What Dreams May Come. Tonnes of work where Williams has been non-comedic.

Okay, I'm late in seeing it, but I just saw The Dark Knight yesterday, and its far better than people say, which is saying something. I don't think anyone else could have or should have played the Joker other than Ledger. There was like 3 or 4 times there where I just had to stop thinking about anything else other than what I had just seen so I could fully bask in its glory. It has raised the bar for artistic expression as a whole.

• 4 weeks later...