Affiliations: Claremont Academy
Family: Parents, Brother, Sister.

Description:
Ethnicity: African-American
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Short, scruffy kid. Light brown hair that seems perpetually mussed up, and light brown eyes. Usually wears cheap, easy-to-replace clothing, usually with a sweater on top of a t-shirt. He's also quite thin, despite the fact that he greatly enjoys eating. Jimmy is often smiling or grinning, which gives him noticeable dimples. His Claremont uniform is about the same, but in Claremont colors - a hoodie over t-shirt, with jeans and sneakers. He wears a simple eye-covering mask, since if he's in combat uniform, he won't be Jimmy for long.

Fallout, by contrast, is a giant. Standing almost eight feet tall, he is a humanoid lacking in most distinguishing features, including a mouth, nose, or genitalia (which is good, as he seems to not be a fan of clothing, either). The only part of him that is not bluish-black "skin" is two black eyes sitting right where they should on his head.

Power Descriptions:
In his human form, Jeremy Stone is a mostly ordinary boy. He has no powers that he consciously controls, although he occasionally puts out small levels of radiation - just enough to trip a geiger counter. However, that isn't the core of his power. If it were, he would find it awfully boring.

Fallout is what he calls his alternate form, His powers are entirely radiation-based: he's able to control it, send it out as blasts, protect himself with it, and use it to weaken others physically. He, too, puts out radiation passively, though it's quite a bit more than Jimmy. To change forms takes a few seconds of concentration, during which Jimmy's radiation output spikes dramatically, rapidly sickening people who are too close.

Jimmy's powers are as much curse as blessing, however. The whispers of the Entity often wake him up at night, in strange places, and the low levels of radiation he puts out periodically can slightly sicken those who spend too much time around him. Even worse, once he assumes the shape of Fallout, it takes hours for enough radiation to bleed off for him to regain his human form.

History:
Jeremy Stone was not a lucky child. His life didn't start out so bad - born to a pair of pure-bred Americans in the great city of New York, New York, he had all the advantages of upper middle-class life: a good school, good food, good clothes, fun toys. He even had two older siblings who didn't mess around with him too much, though that might just have been his parents' influence. His was an enjoyable life, for the first few years of it. Unfortunately, that couldn't last.

When he was 10, a severe, very long-lasting case of coughing convinced his parents to take him to the doctor after a few days. After a series of tests were run, and all possibilities explored, the cause was discovered - an extreme case of lung cancer. It was already too big for them to operate, having been in just the right spot to avoid symptoms until then. They started treatment immediately, first with chemotherapy, then, after a year's treatment with few signs of improvement, they started irradiation treatments.

After that didn't work either, they spent the next three years cycling through various different treatments, from the common to the almost unheard-of. Nothing seemed to work, until the Stones were contacted by a mysterious stranger. The man, from whom they never received a name, offered them a possible solution, one that he was sure would work. However, nothing would come without a cost. It was an untested cure, using a new form of radiation that spilled from what he referred to as an 'extradimensional rift'. 

The treatment was applied, and improvement was seen within a few weeks. The cancer grew smaller and smaller, until eventually it dissolved back into its bloodstream. Jimmy was cured. Soon after, the doctor took a several-thousand dollar payout from the family, and disappeared.

Jimmy was feeling much better, and began to start enjoying life. He went out to try new things, eating new foods, convincing his parents to take him bungie-jumping, indoor sky-diving, and scuba diving. However, within a few months, his nights began being filled with terrible nightmares - dreams of an impossible Entity, a being so vast and alien that a mere human mind couldn't grasp it. It had no name, and its goals were too strange for Jimmy to understand, and when the dreams kept coming, his parents took him to see a parahuman therapist.

After hearing of his problem, the therapist - who used mental powers to examine his patients' dreams - immediately leapt into action. He put the boy into a hypnotic sleep, and entered his dreams. He came out within just a few minutes, his face white as bone. He described the same Entity as Jimmy, but added one more thing: these were not mere dreams, but messages. Whatever had been on the other side of rift, it had sent through the radiation, and it had used it to get its claws into Jimmy.

That night also marked the first emergence of his powers. Sensing an invasion of its host's mind, the Entity took control and handed over certain powers, so that it could defend him. That night, Jimmy transformed into Fallout in his sleep, under the control of the Entity, wreaking havoc in the building and then in the city block, before the local heroes managed to bring him down and under control, trapping him until the Entity released Jimmy and he returned to his normal form.

An awakened Jimmy was extremely surprised at what had happened - he'd been dreaming, the first time in a long time that he'd had normal dreams. They educated him about what had happened, and the powers he'd manifested, then took him into a controlled environment and asked him if he could do it again. It took much effort and stretching of new 'muscles', but he finally did achieve it. Fallout emerged again, though this time under the control of Jimmy Stone. However, he could feel the Entity at the back of his mind much more clearly, even if it was quiet. Its will was present, occasional pangs of alien emotions drifting through. Even after he managed to bleed off the radiation and reassume his human form, he could feel it now. He was returned to his home and put under a close watch, lest a criminal organization try to add him to its ranks.

A few weeks later, Jimmy received a letter in the mail, informing him that he had received a scholarship to go to Claremont Academy. After calling the number attached, his parents received an explanation - at the Academy, Jimmy would be trained to control his powers, resist the Entity, and maybe even eventually completely sever their link. It took a little while, but his parents agreed, and sent him off on his junior year of high school, to Claremont Academy.

Personality & Motivation:
Having spent a very large chunk of his remembered life being moved from hospital to hospital, or lying in bed, Jimmy intends to enjoy life. He throws himself happily into whatever it is he's doing, but tends to forget all about it and move on when something more interesting or entertaining comes up, or his current action becomes boring. He lives every day as if it's his last, because he remembers what it was like when that was a distinct possibility. Every now and then, however, he lapses into silence and stillness, staring off into the distance as if listening for something. It rarely lasts more than a few seconds, and then he shakes his head and returns to the real world.

Powers & Tactics:
As it takes time for Fallout's form to appear and recede, Jimmy prefers to do it in preparation for any fight, when he has plenty of concentration to spare for it. When he enters the form, he takes full advantage of its powers, though certain things limit him. Fallout is mostly only useful in a combat situation, given the fact he cannot touch anything without risking potentially severe harm, and tends to be relegated to guard or assault duty while other heroes do the kitten-rescuing. Not that he minds - it makes life more fun!

Complications:
Secret: Identity - Thanks to Fallout's different form, Jimmy has managed to keep his identity mostly secret. Several people here and there suspect, thanks to his radiation output, but no one outright knows.
Accident - Jimmy is still new to his powers, and is prone to accidentally overusing them and rendering others sick. 
Foolhardy - Jimmy intends to enjoy life to its fullest! Sometimes, that means he jumps headfirst into a situation without thinking it over, but so what?!
Extradimensional Whispers - In his human form, the Entity has less power over Jimmy. It exists as a lurking whisper in the back of his mind, sometimes distracting, and can only takes overt control while he is asleep or unconscious, which it does but rarely, taking him out sleepwalking or performing some strange action.
Extradimensional Will - When Fallout emerges, the Entity gains the ability to exert greater control. This rarely causes injury to Fallout - the Entity would not tolerate anything hurting its host - but sometimes forces him to run in the face of danger, or perform some action that is not necessarily in the best interest of the mission, in exchange for his own safety.

Abilities: 4 + 2 + 8 + 4 + 0 + 0 = 18PP
Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 18 (+4)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

Combat: 6 + 12 = 19PP
Initiative: +1
Attack: +3/2 Melee, +3/2 Ranged (+4 [Radiation Control Specialization], +1 [Ranged Focus], -1 [Growth])
Grapple: +5/9
Defense: +8/7 (+6 Base, +2 Dodge Focus, -1 Size), +3 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -2/3

Saving Throws: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10PP
Toughness: +7 (+4 Con, [+3 Force-Field])
Fortitude: +7 (+4 Con, +3)
Reflex: +4 (+1 Dex, +3)
Will: +5 (+1 Wis, +4)

Skills: 24R = 6PP
Acrobatics 4 (+5)
Gather Information (+6)
Medicine (+4)
Sense Motive 6 (+6)
Survival 4 (+4)

Feats: 6PP

Attack Specialization 2 (Radiation Control)

Attack Focus (Ranged)

Dodge Focus 2

Evasion

Precise Shot

Powers:  53 = 53PP

Human Form:
Alternate Form 12 (Irradiated Form; Drawbacks: Unreliable [DC10 Check to Activate] (-4), Action 3 [Full Action] (-2)) [53PP] (Radiation)

Irradiated Form: (All Abilities have "Radiation" descriptor)
Radiation Control 9 (Radiation Control 15PP; Feats: Alternate Power 3; Drawbacks: Full Power) [16PP]

Base Power: Blast 7 (Radiation Control; Feats: Improved Range) {15/15} 
    Alternate Power: Drain Toughness 7 (Destroy Life; Extras: Ranged; Feats: Improved Range) {15/1} 
    Alternate Power: Environmental Control 5 (Radiation Zone (Moderate Irradiation); Extras: Selective) {15/1}

Flight 6 (Flight; 500 MpH) [12PP]
Insubstantial 3 (Radiation Form; Extras: Continuous; Flaws: Permanent; Feats: Innate) [16PP]
Immunity 5 (Radiation Environments, Suffocation, Mind Control) [5PP]
Protection 3 (Radiation Aura) [3PP]
Super-Senses 3 (Tracking Infravision, Ultravision) [3PP]

Growth 4 (Large; Extras: Continuous; Flaws: Permanent, Dispersal;  Feats: Innate) [5PP]

Drawbacks: (-3) + (-4) = -7PP

Normal Identity (Human Jimmy; Frequency: Common; Intensity: Major) [-4PP]
One-Way Transformation (Bleed off Energy; Frequency: Very Common; Intensity: Minor (Few Hours)) [-3PP]

DC Block

ATTACK              RANGE            SAVE                                   EFFECT
Jimmy Punch
         Touch         DC  17 Toughness             Damage 2(Physical)
Radiation Control   Ranged      DC 22 Toughness              Damage 7(Energy)

Totals: Abilities (18) + Combat (19) + Saving Throws (10) + Skills (6) + Feats (6) + Powers (53) - Drawbacks (7) = 105/108 Power Points

Edited by HG Morrison
+2 PP for Oct 2015

You have bought 27 ranks of skills so, 7PP spent not 6.

So I brought it up to the other refs, and treating Unreliable as an action on the Alternate form was tossed in while pointing out maybe weighing it as more than -1 Drawback. I'm thinking of it as very common, minor intensity equivalent so a -4 drawback sounds good to me at least.

Selective is an Extra on Environmental Control not a feat.  So it'd be more expensive.

Flight 6 is 500 mph not 5000.

On the linked Aura + Force Field.  You could save space by just writing Protection 3 really.  So Aura.  The section on duration can be a bit wordy to explain.  But, I'll sum it up by saying your Damage Effect is probably just sustained duration and the Aura itself is a Permanent Aura.  Which means the  cost of your Damage effect should in fact be 4PP instead of 2PP.

Dispersal Growth actually means you don't meet your caps. With the -1 Defense/Attack penalty and no con in exchange to show for it.  

I'm not sure what you're trying to annotate with your regeneration.  If I'm reading it right, you bought 8 ranks of recovery bonus?  And two of I have no idea.

Alright, thank you!

I dropped 2 ranks of Survival (by my count I was only at 26, and now at 24). 

To account for the price change, I dropped 1 rank of Alternate Form, the new price is 49 (since the total Drawbacks comes to -6 (-4 for Unreliable, -2 for Action), as I understand it).

I dropped Environmental Control to rank 5, as appropriate for the cost with the Extra.

Threw away the Damage and rerouted the 2 points to Flight.

Bought a rank of Dodge Focus and Ranged Attack to account for the -1 from Dispersal Growth.

Also bought 2 ranks of Immunity, for Mind Control and Starvation/Thirst.

Immunity Mind Control would be worth 2PP not 1PP.  Though to note your super senses seem to be only worth 3PP unless you bought more than one rank of tracking on that Infravision.  

Flight 6 is 500 not 100 mph.  

I think you really only have to shave off 1PP from the Alternate Form and you'd be good to go then.  It might be good to annotate in the Grapple section that his Grapple score while in the Energy Form would actually be +9 due to size.

Done!

I added it to the sheet, but it's the DC 10 Check To Activate Unreliable.

Also I realized I had the wrong Action level (since 2 is Standard and I wanted Full), so I moved it up one step and edited things to match.

Edited by Almilee