Hit the Plane Down (OOC)

angrydurf

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of swimmingly, as Seahawk was going to be doing some test piloting today before the crisis happened, I'll spend a hero point to have a small single-person life raft. Gotta let the flight-pack drain!

Also I think Frigate Bird does fit Seahawk... at least for now.

6989400-male-frigate-bird-with-inflated-

To spot that darn so-called pilot!!! Notice Check: 1d20+10 15 Using my last HP on this...

To spot that darn so-called pilot!!! Notice Check: 1d20+10 12 With a HP, I got a 22. (Roll of a 2 + 10 as it was 9 or under)

I stand corrected: I've only used 3 HP, but I started with 3 and got 1 for the pilot disappearing... so I've still got 1 HP left... might need it.

Edited by Sailor

You're actually at two as you also got one for the sabotage of the plane.  

22 will spot the pilots hat among one of the rafts it is being worn by a young child, perhaps eight or nine, who has no recollection of who gave him the hat if asked but it was someone as they were getting off?  He's flying alone and holding hands with the remaining conscious flight attendant who didn't see anything either and assumed it had been passed off before everything as sometimes pilots do that for solo fliers to make them feel less nervous.

So either he's still present on one of the rafts, in disguise or a shape shifter, or he's still on the plane... perhaps able to breathe water or isn't otherwise prone to the rigors of the deep. Then again there is still the possibility he shadowcatted out of the plane, perhaps using his decreased mass similar to a parachute.

Too bad if he pulled that off, he did that while we were still in the air. We'll never know where he went.

Edited by Sailor

Waidaminnit... An eight year old kid flying alone? ¬¬ No parents or guardians accompanying him on a transatlantic flight? That strikes me as highly suspicious. I'm thinking Aníbal's going to be asking the kid some questions. He's our best and only lead, after all. 

If it's a shapeshifter, even low levels of Morph are practically impossible to see through, so no use wasting HP on any further notice checks. 

Yeah. Although I've got the suspicion that both the pilot and firestarter have already made a getaway and the kid's not gonna tell us much.

That and if the kid is a shapeshifter, the person already has us pegged. We'd look suspicious if we started interrogating a poor 8 year old.

Also, there ARE kids who do fly alone, as long as they've had prior permission from their parent or guardian.

Question: Does the kid have a pass around his neck proclaiming himself as a unaccompanied minor? I was looking right at the kid and the tag would be visible, vest or not. The lanyard the boarding pass is on would still let it be visible.

Edited by Sailor

Did some research - yeah, turns out there are kids who fly alone. (Don't know much about airline stuff, since I've never been in a plane.) So it's not impossible, BUT I still think the kid is suspicious.

Of course, you can't exactly grill an 8 year old on the off chance he might be a shapeshifter, but I think some "What's your name, son? Where are your parents? How 'bout we call 'em, let them know you're okay?" kind of stuff would not be too aggressive. 

It is possible they both made a getaway - her setting the fuel on fire would be a little odd if her partner was still among the passengers. Then again, she is a psycho pyrokinetic... :D Still, if there's a chance we get the other guy, I'm willing to take it.

Kids flying alone is not super common but far from unheard of.  Separated parents, single parents, etc often don't have resources to travel with the child but the child still needs to travel (to see other parent or stay with grandparents or vice versa).  His boarding pass etc looks to be in order and as I mentioned the flight attendant is keeping an eye on him and has vouched for him boarding etc. so it's not as if he just appeared on the plane.

I know. :P Just that as we were seperated for a little, I'm thinking she hasn't had much knowledge of your press encounters. I'm sure when we get in contact with each other to arrange dinner everything will come out in the wash and Naomi'll feel a bit crusty for thinking it.

That... and she's gonna make you guys look good, after all, you guys kept the plane from becoming a fireball over Freedom City.