Hit the Plane Down (OOC)

angrydurf

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two large dogs (Like retrievers of some sort) and three lap dogs.  There is water about ankle deep in the cargo hold and rising but not quickly.  Getting the somewhat panicked critters out through the little hatch from the cargo bay to the cabin will be tricky but not impossible.  Handle animal would make it pretty easy as you could calm them.  The big Dogs can probably swim well enough to get pulled out by the rescue boats when they arrive the small ones likely need to be held in the rafts.  You have time to effect a rescue but nto really participate in much more of the rescue of the peoples.

Well, my work is never done! ;) When should I post?
Also I'm letting Heri get a chance to help with the evacuation, while I make sure everything with a pulse makes it. That's why I'm focusing on the animals. Also I do not have Handle Animal... Seems it'll be quite noisy as I start getting the carriers to rafts.

Edited by Sailor

Firestarter reignites as free actions to activate her flame armor and flame damage aura.   Then break free of El Huracan in the shock of the ignition and monolog briefly before setting the seas ablaze and beginning to flee.

Ok El Huracan takes a DC 27 Toughness save from the Flame aura and will get an HP for her breaking free from his "Grapple" with the ignition.  You all can take an HP for the civilians placed in harms way by her igniting the Fuel in the water.   The Fire is burning at the speed of plot, if you help the passengers you can get them free of the wreck before the fire reaches the fuel tanks and clever use of powers or stunts can even prevent the fire outside the plane from affecting them.  Likewise Seahawk can get the animals and herself out and safe if she's alerted to the danger.  Notice check DC 20 for Seahawk to notice the sounds of fire/screams etc otherwise if someone radios, or goes back to tell her she can be clued in.

She is moving at flight 6 and will begin moving all out starting next round in an attempt to flee.  You all can pursue but the passengers need help too.  Given her speed miracle girl can have an accurate count of passengers in the rafts so you can be pretty sure the plane is clear and all that.  

Lastly was writing this all up as Sailor posted so they kinda overlap in timing.

Toughness Check 1d20+8=9 :v:   Oookay, using an HP to re-roll that one. 

Toughness Check Re-Roll 1d20+8=13  As the roll is under 11, adding 10 makes it a 23. A nasty bruise.

I'm using my Air Control to push one raft away from the airplane and towards the shore. According to the core rules, effective strength of 55 is enough to push/drag 125 tons, which should be enough to propel the raft forward. I'm also assuming the material the rafts are made of is fireproof, so they won't catch fire if we plow through the flames.

Edited by TheRedGuy

Basically the fire is encircling the rafts.  To get clear some of the fire has to get put out and the rafts have to be moved at speed out of the area the fire was at pretty much the same time (or the fire will close back up around the rafts)   Super breath could achieve either of those results but not both at once.  On the flip side since the plane is being scuttled if El Huracan and Miracle girl concentrated their efforts on fire fighting they could probably put the fire out completely and permanently with no new sources of fuel from the plane to ignite and not need to move the rafts.

Edited by angrydurf

OK, as this'll require a team effort I edited my post accordingly and will wait for MG to create a passage before moving the raft. As it's a fuel fire, I don't think we can turn it off the normal way, You need to apply CO2 to it to put it out, and I don't think Air Control lets you control the specific gases that comprise air, just air as a whole. 

Edited by TheRedGuy

Well Casey kicking a person with the force of a runaway train earlier also would have been messier if we were going for accurate physics here ;)  Concerted effort by El Huracans winds and Miracle Girls super breath could put out the fire or one of them can create a hole in the ring of fire for the other to push the rafts through because they're super heroes and that's the kind of thing that happens in comics, physics be damned its dramatically appropriate!