Hit the Plane Down (OOC)

angrydurf

It's obvious we got a supervillain infestation. In tight quarters. Luckily as I'm first before the baddie, I get the jump in. SUPRISE!

Thing is, you should post in what was said by the baddie here, otherwise it'll look like we're about to attack a unarmed flight attendant.

Actions: Move to close the distance, Extra Efforted Strike

Time to put this one down with the quickness. Putting Extra Effort on this punch too making it a Rank 12 Strike. Spending the hero point in advance to counter the fatigue next round.

Psychic Strike: 1d20+10 30

So A Rank 12 (from Extra Effort) Strike...

Just critted. THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWWWWERRRRR!

So Rank 12 means a base DC of 27, with the crit it becomes a 32 Toughness Save (+5 for crit).

Edited by The Osprey
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And her check VS. counter 1d20+10 = 22; Got it you can go ahead and post and include the flames around her flickering out.

Initiative

28             Seahawk            2HP

23            Firestarter            NPC

22            El Huracan          1HP

19            Miracle Girl          1HP

Miracle girl is up.

Edited by angrydurf

Two more things. I'm going to Skill Mastery my stealth once I'm close to the cockpit to move up to the door quietly, and check if the door itself is unlocked or locked without making a sound. (result of 21 on the SM stealth)

I'm not going to either enter or breach the door without MG and El Hurrican close to me.

One final thing, as I want to make sure my idea might work. If I have to breach the cockpit door, if I punch the cockpit door at about the side where the handle (not the hinges) are, will it open to the inside? I don't want to tear it off the hinges. This'll be done with a straight up strike when the chance comes up.

Edited by The Osprey

Well The doors open inward but are braced and latched in more than one place.  There is a keypad for entry but you need the code (Most require a code then confirmation from within the cockpit or a special code that alerts the occupants of impending entry)  

So you can't really just pop the latch like with a normal door.  You can hit it with your strike to try to break it but the doors are built to be bullet proof so that might not be super easy.  You could also try to disable device the locking mechanism.

Oh and it is latched and locked they don't really stay unlocked at all.

Edited by angrydurf

You can punch your way in.  A gun is like a rank 4-5 attack a rank 10 can make short work of the door it just won't necessarily be easy to pop the latch in one hit More beating it down with super punches.  Or combined efforts of super-strength and wind powers to break it there are options.  Surprise might not really be one of them these doors are designed to NOT have the pilots taken by surprise.

Yeah looks like we do this the old-fashioned way... Just hoping we don't smash any controls in the process... There is one way I think we can avoid the "door slams into controls" fail condition.

focus the damage to the top of the door, when the door faults, it'll hit the floor of the cockpit, not get knocked forward into the controls.

No windows break, no controls get smashed, just one hell of a "AVON CALLING!" moment.

Unless you wish to break it down in one swift kick or something no need to roll to bust the door down.  With Miracle Girl and Seahawk bashing and tearing at it with strikes or super strength it'll come down in a few hits without damage to anything else in the cockpit.  No unusual sounds or IR signatures or anything on the door.  You can post your IC of breaching the cockpit then I'll give you a description of the interior situation and we'll go from there.

You all get 1HP for the passengers covering the pilots egress from the cockpit.

Osprey, Seahawk will also notice it looks like one of the maintenance panels has been removed and hastily replaced, it could be shoddy maintenance at the airport, wouldn't be the first time, or something may have been tampered with in flight.