Nighthawk

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am the night! Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm a kid from the 'Fens trying to make a small difference in my corner of the world.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I go by 'Nighthawk', because if you don't have some sort of super-hero name, then you're just a creep in a mask getting in fights in back alleys. A little bit of good reputation goes a long way for not catching a bullet from some well meaning cop. My dad used to call me 'little bird' but... He's gone now.

What is your full birth name?

Robin Dianne Chevalier

Where do you live?

Freedom City, in the Fens. Or do you mean my house because I don't actually have a street address. Normally I camp out on rooftops when I finally get tired enough to nap for a bit. Sometimes I crash with friends.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 

I'm sixteen. I was born in 1999. 

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I am female, (CIS female)

How would you describe your heritage?

My dad was black and my mom was white. Dad's family was Hatian. Mom's family was some sort of Scandinavian mix I think? I'm not sure. Some sort of distant European thing.

How tall are you?

I'm five foot five inches. Average height.

What is your body type?

I'm lean, uh, partially because I don't get enough calories for my activity level, I know. But I have that sort of muscular dancer/gymnast thing going on... because I'm a gymnast. Or I was. Well, still am but not like in gyms anymore.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No, surprisingly not. I mean, considering my diet is less than stellar, I'm obnoxiously fit. I don't get sick very often which is good. If I was less robust, that would probably have made the last few years harder.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 

I walk like I'm dangerous but I try to make that less obvious. Sometimes I do better than others on that. I'm fairly light on my feet. I have a natural grace and athleticism that I really use to the limits of its capabilities in what I do.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 

Well, with the mixed ancestry, I get mistaken for a few different ethnicities. It's annoying as hell but happens more often than I'd like. My skin is brown, and my eyes are grey. I have black hair that spirals down in tight curls but I try to get it put into braids when I can so that its less in my way. 

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

If I can get it done - coax a favor from a hairdresser friend - I get it put into small braids. If not, then its pretty much pulled back in the 'least likely to get in my face and get me dead' sort of way. 

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Uh, I don't really think much about it. I clean up okay. The sort of attention you get in the kind of places I stay, isn't something I really want to court so I sure don't go out of my way to dress it all up. The older I get, the more attention I get and I have used that to my advantage when I have to. Hey, sometimes you need an edge. 

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I have no tattoos, piercings or birthmarks. I have scars. I've been shot before. I've been stabbed before and its not like the cartoons. They leave a mark. They're faded now and I try not to collect anymore but in my line of work, that's sort of inevitable. 

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Nope.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I'm left handed but working on training my right to be on par. Because sometimes you break your dominant hand and then you're pretty much hosed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Whatever I happen to have held onto that isn't super gross or bloody. I scrimp and make it to the laundromat when I can but I only really keep what can fit in my backpack safely. 

Do you wear makeup?

No. I wouldn't even know how.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I have no idea. Middle? Middle-ish? My vocal range isn't terribly distinctive but I'm trying to cultivate the whole super hero voice. Its a work in progress. I don't really have the bass range to make muggers crap themselves. So I just settle for hitting them instead.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 

I tend to clench my fists when I'm tense. People notice it if I don't have my hands in my pockets, mostly because it looks like I want to hit something and I sort of do but I don't just beat people when they make me cranky. I'm not an animal. Mostly people comment that I am impatient. I assume they do so because I seem impatient... I just don't have time for the petty stuff, really.

History

Where do you come from?

The Fens. Born and raised! Not... that that's really a proud thing, I guess. I didn't notice it when I was little because things were good at home but without my folks... Yeah, its not a nice place. There are good people that live there, but mostly the ones that just don't have other options. The criminals though, they don't seem to be in any hurry to go anywhere. 

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I've spent my whole life in the Fens, first my folks house, then foster home, then the streets. The farthest I've gone is when I got the invite to attend a swanky rich kid's school and I got there on the bus. 

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I feel some loyalty, sure, but mostly to the people that live here rather than any nation or governing body. From what I've seen, the people in charge do a pretty piss poor job of taking care of folks. So, people like me step into the gaps. 

How do you feel about the place you come from? 

I have some fond memories and there are a lot of people there, good people, that deserve better than what they're getting. As for the scumbags, well, I'm not done with them just yet either.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

The Fens? Everyone knows the Fens. It's the part of town people with nice cars drive quickly through and hope they don't get a flat tire. But, there's lots of everyday folks that just have to live there. I know the whole area pretty darn well at this point, know a good number of the people too. Unfortunately, there's a lot of folks that prey on the weak in that area and despite the best efforts, the streets just don't stay clean.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 

Well, I'm a minority ethnically, I guess, but that's not super uncommon in the area I grew up in. There were plenty of immigrants of various strips and people of color in my area. In America, though, I'm considered a minority. 

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 

When I was a kid, I was pretty awesome at gymnastics. I know my folks scrimped so I could keep going and there was talk of turning competitive before my folks were killed. The skills, and dedication, I learned there are the foundation of what I do today. 

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

I was ten when my folks were killed and my dad’s family was in Haiti. Mom didn’t really have any family so I went to foster care, and then I ended up on the streets. So I guess, D, all of the above.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

When I was little - I mean, little-little, my dad used to toss me in the air so high and I would laugh and laugh. He would call me ‘little bird’ because I was flying, also the whole name thing. What… did you want the story about how the baby sitter and I were eating pizza when the officers showed up? Or that I the smell of pizza still makes my stomach clench? Sure, I could tell you about that, but honestly, I'd rather talk about how they lived.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Well, when I was thirteen, I decided to leave my mediocre foster home and take to the streets in search of the justice my parents were denied - and to keep any other families from feeling the same sort of loss that I’ve known. At least, according to my new teachers, this was a bonehead move. Personally, I have no regrets. 

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

My folks died when I was ten and until that point I was a decent student. It was pretty easy and I didn’t mind going. I wasn’t any sort of over-achiever. After they died and I started getting bounced around foster homes, it gets more spotty until when I took off, I just stopped going. Now I’m in a prep school with a bunch of super powered rich kids. So. That’s a thing.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I do. I don’t have a lot and they’re pretty precious because of it. I have the stuffed animal I’ve had forever and a few pictures that I keep in a plastic bag so they don’t get wet or gross or anything. I wear my parents wedding bands on a chain around my neck. I got to keep those and haven’t had any place safe to put them. They’re not worth much - they’re just gold bands - but they’re priceless to me. 

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

When I realized that there were more people than just me who were losing people they loved. I can’t bring my folks back but, someday, I’m going to find the people who killed them and put them in jail for it. In the meanwhile, if I stop just one kid from losing their mom or dad, it’s totally worth it. 

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I don’t really talk about why I do what I do in general but its no secret. I want to help people and I do it with my fists. It’s pretty straightforward as far as motives go. 

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Nope. Not really.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Other than the whole putting on a mask thing, no. What you see is generally what you get. I don’t really go to a whole lot of effort to hide my ethics or morals. I also may not be the best at hiding my opinions when someone fails to measure up to my standards.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 

But I don’t have those sorts of secrets so it’s not something I have to worry about. Hell, I don’t even have people who I love who I need to really lock down the secret identity for. If I managed to get myself killed, it’d probably be a school employee that had to figured out what to do with my body, depressing as that is.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

They have to have caught you for you to have a record. My whole robin hood antics are known in the Fens but generally the cops appreciate my alter ego enough that I haven’t been arrested for beating up hoodlums. Of course, it probably helps that I don’t stick around either.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 

Jean Daniel Chevalier was my father’s name and my mother’s was Aina Olafsdotter. I don’t think she had a middle name. 

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

I was raised by my parents until they were killed when I was ten. After that, I’ve had a couple of foster homes that I was moved in and out of until I ended up on the streets. 

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

They were working class. My dad did something in a factory and my mom cleaned houses off the books. 

Where are your parents now?

Buried in Lantern Hill. 

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We stayed in the same small apartment my whole life until they died. If there was another place we lived, I was too little to remember it.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I never met my grandparents. Dad’s folks were in Haiti and mom’s folks were dead, I think. She didn’t talk about them much. 

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 

They’re dead so… If they were alive I’d hope they’d be proud. I think they’d just be sad, though. I’m pretty sure playing bullet-tag with bad guys was not the sort of dreams they had for my life.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I was an only child, so none. It’s probably a good thing really. It’s hard enough to keep myself fed on the streets.

What was your birth order in the family?

First, last and only.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Not applicable.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

They don’t exist so not applicable.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

There’s just me now and I loved both my parents. I really miss them. 

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

There’s no one I know that’s still alive.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I suppose I could be the black sheep. The whole homeless vigilante thing is new for the family history.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Not that I’m aware of. Neither of my folks talked much about their extended family. It was really just us when I was growing up.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Dude. I’m sixteen and I lived on the streets. No. Neither.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Sure. Maybe. I guess? I don’t know. Most of the time I think I’m going to be surprised if I make it to eighteen. It’s not that I have a death wish… I just don’t really find myself unduly bothered by the potential that I might die. Of course, if I mention that, I think I’m going to get a lot more Claremont therapy sessions. 

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Strong. Reliable. Brave. Bulletproof would be a real plus. I have a lot more on my mind than looking for a date to prom though. 

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I have a lot of people I know in the Fens. I try to look out for the folks there and sometimes they try to return the favor but I don’t really like letting people get to close.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I don’t have a best friend. It’s okay. Keeping folks at an emotional distance is really better for everyone. 

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

One of my teachers now, I guess. I like to think that one of the people I’ve helped, one of the folks I know would wonder if I never showed up again but I don’t think they’d be super surprised. Especially the ones who I’ve bled on their couch or something. 

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

No, I’ve never had a date let alone a ‘love’, great or small. I’m assuming my parents don’t count as we’ve gone over how well I’ve coped with that.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Anyone or anything in the Fens that’s decided to prey on the helpless that I’ve managed to stumble across. I’ve beaten them stupid and dropped them on the front step of the police station. It is not a hobby that makes a whole lot of friends with the criminal element and I get shot at perhaps more than is healthy for a normal person but its totally worth it.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

I welcome the day they try to come after me en masse. I’ll take them all on!

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

….Killed my parents. And someday they’re going to pay for it.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

With those who need my help. Unconditionally and at any cost. I have a particular love for the Fens but really, any innocent that’s suffering will have my immediate attention.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Me. Because I’m all that I can rely on to be there.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Bullies. People who prey on those weaker than themselves. Because… it’s just not fair. It’s wrong! Like, if you want to come after me, sure, fine. I can take care of myself. But there are a lot of people who can’t and they shouldn’t be punished because they’re not hard. They should be protected. 

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Kindness. Compassion. Innocence. I’d like to think so… but, I’m pretty far from gentle these days. I can be kind. I have compassion. I don't think I can claim innocent anymore.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Cruelty. Greed. Unthinking callousness. I try really hard to be better than the people I fight but I’m only human and honestly sometimes the line between justice and vengeance gets too paper thin for me. 

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 

I have a secret identity. Robin Chevalier isn’t connected to the vigilante Nighthawk. Mostly so that the few allies I do have, the people I help, they don’t ever get pressured to turn me in because they don’t know who I am either. 

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I’ve never worked with a group, I’ve always been a solo act. I tend to be fairly decisive in a conflict and I’ve been called impatient. It probably depends on the makeup of the group. If people are used to following, I might end up a leader for lack of slowing down.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I am not. I’m a student at Claremont and I hardly know anyone just yet. I trust them to a point but I need to know someone can handle themselves in the real world before I’d trust them to have my back.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No, I’m not. If I’m not trying to stay on top of not flunking out of Claremont, I’m back in the Fens where I belong. There’s no time for ‘hobbies’.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Well, I tend to root for the home team, so to speak. The heroes that have prowled the Fens, attempting to even the scales for the people who need them the most. Folks like Wail, Grimalkin, Avenger… the vigilantes who tried to push back the tide. 

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Not disillusioned, no, but sometimes I wish one of Freedom City’s heroes could have been there the night my parents needed them… I get that even the greatest heroes can’t be everywhere at once but, still, there’s clearly a need. I aim to do my best to fill it.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I don’t know if I like it so much as I need it. I was aimless and angry before I found a purpose - something to channel my grief into. Its not the sort of huggy-touchy feeling thing that the counselors think is ‘best’ but it works for me. It gives me focus and direction. 

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I can’t really imagine stopping. Maybe someday I’ll give it all up for a picket fence and two kids and a dog… Yeah, probably not. This is who I am. As to switching sides… no. Never. Not for anything in the wide world or beyond.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I am hoping that this Claremont thing is going to be paying off and I’ll be seeing some real growth in the skills I actually care about. If I haven’t noticed a major difference, I’ll be out of here. Every moment that I’m here, I’m not in the Fens where I at least know how to do some good.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I have no idea. Have found out who killed my parents and have thumped them into submission before delivering them to a permanent stay in prison. After that… Maybe I’ll go see where my dad grew up? Honestly, I mostly hope that I am BETTER at smacking around bad guys and have turned the Fens into a beautiful utopia where no one goes hungry or gets shot for drug money. I’ll probably be dead though. 

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

That someone will need me and I won’t make it in time. That there will be someone else weeping in the city that I could have helped but I didn’t. It’s what pushes me to train harder, be faster. Be better.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 

My therapist at Claremont would like there to be less things that I’d be willing to give my life for. I think he feels I might be de-valuing my time on Earth or something. Whatever.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

That I wish it was more evenly distributed, mostly. I’d have more regular meals and probably better clothes if I kept more of the pocket money that I lift off of drug lords and gang bangers but there’s a lot of people who need it more than I do. I get by.

How do you generally treat others?

It depends on whether they’re a normal person or a bad guy. I try to see where other folks are coming from, and help where I can. Bad guys, though, mostly with the punching. Why no, I don’t have trouble with morally grey areas much. Why do you ask?

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

No, unfortunately, I am not. I am a kind person, I think. I try to be, and I will treat people with respect but my trust - that has to be earned.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I’m introverted and used to being alone for long stretches of time. I find crowds and enforced social activities wearing but, honestly, I have a fair amount of confidence. I just am not a people person. 

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 

I probably treat them like a friend until they assume I’m not interested and date someone who’s better socially adjusted to being a teenager. Or at least more overt in their affections. And then I am full of vague regret but no additional understanding of how to prevent that from happening in the future. My particular history has not led to a really well rounded set of social skills. Unless they happen to be obviously flirting with me. Then I bounce between being awkward and acting stoic, both of which are super fun on the inside let me tell you. 

What are your most annoying habits?

Starting a fight before the rest of my companions have decided engaging the enemy is a good idea probably. 

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Is this the question to find out if I’m racist? I hope I’m not racist… I only feel contempt for people based on their activities and not on any more broad strokes category. I do kind of think people who tip poorly are scum bags. Does that count?

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

My favorite food is anything that I have gotten my hands on, especially if it didn’t come out of a garbage can. Regardless, I eat it as fast as I possibly can because stomachaches are better than having it taken away.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Water. Clear, clean, fresh water. 

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Ice cream. Oh, man. When I was little, my folks would take me to the ice cream parlor around the corner from our house for their Tuesday night special deals. That was the best ice cream in the world, no lie. 

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Uhm, I’m not sure if the whole ‘didn’t come out of a garbage can’ didn’t clue you in but I’ve not been in a position to be super picky for a long, damn time. 

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like red a lot. My mom read this book on how primary colors help develop infant eye stimulation and… long story short, there was a lot of red in my bedroom growing up. 

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

There’s a lot of music I like. I like pop, honestly, and hip hop. I’ve always been tempted by people dancing in clubs but I wouldn’t really fit in. 

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

I like the smell of rain in the city. Or lemons. I dunno what soap my mom used but our laundry always smelled like fresh lemons when she was done. I keep looking but I haven’t been able to find it. 

Do you have a favorite animal?

Not really… Dogs, I guess. 

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

The few reminders I have of happier times. Because it helps me find the strength to keep on going. 

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Who enjoys roughing it? I have trouble, I admit, sleeping in Claremont beds and adjusting. I’m used to a different life but anyone who sneers at creature comforts has probably never gone truly without for any long stretch of time. Hot water is nice. Food is nice. Not getting rained on when you would like to be sleeping is nice.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Well, I wouldn’t hunt big game animals for their ivory or kill someone for money. But, I’m not going to wring my hands about scrubbing a toilet or doing the dishes. There’s a scale that I really feels needs to be applied here.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

When I was little, we used to do the church thing on Sundays but I haven’t been in years. Frankly, I’m mostly in the ‘doubt if God exists’ and if He does, I am really, really pissed at him. 

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

The church thing was more my Dad’s doing than Mom’s although she went.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 

I’m very much non-practicing these days.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I try very hard not to kill. I get that punching someone is not all roses and giggles. I’ve not killed. I hope I wouldn’t ever but I don’t think I’ve ever been pushed to that point for all that I’ve gone through. 

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

All that separates me from a common thug is my moral compass. Take away that and I’m just another monster from the Fens. My morals may be the most precious thing I own. 

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

I don’t know. If I didn’t have a choice and there was someone else’s life on the line, maybe. I wouldn’t kill to protect myself. I can’t say I know wouldn’t kill to protect someone else. Some things you really can’t know about yourself until you’re there, looking at the line in the sand.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 

Well, yeah it would be different. If someone kills an enemy that was just about to take me out, I’d disapprove but have less of the moral high ground, so to speak. If a bad guy killed someone I actually cared about, well, it wouldn’t be pretty. I wouldn’t go all eye for an eye but I might take it upon myself to leave them without a square inch of unbruised skin.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I’d be pissed. And considering how few things I have that I value, I’d also be sad. If I could, I would try to get it back. If someone took it just to hurt me, though, I’d probably hit them in the face. 

How would you react to public humiliation?

I’m in high school. Public humiliation is probably inevitable. I try not to let things that hurt me show on my face. Never give ‘em the satisfaction. Not worth tossing someone a beating just because they’re a jerk to me in general.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Well, poorly, if you look at the whole parents-murdered-turned-vigilante. Since I can’t turn vigilante a second time, I’d just hunt them down and make them pay for it.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murder. Because human lives can’t be brought back. You can recover from pain, you can recover from trauma. Most people don’t recover from an acute case of death.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I’d spend it in the Fens. Spending the last day of my life what has always given it the most meaning. 

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

The whole gymnast background helps. I mean, I was in good shape going into it but mostly its been trial and error. A whole lot of trial and some really painful errors. So, I’m at Claremont now to try the whole ‘proper training’ route but if that all goes poorly, I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Not dead yet, at least.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Well, there was gym coach. Big Russian dude named Piotr who mostly barked orders about training at the classes I went to. Brusque and demanding but he got results and the attitude never bothered me. Other than that, I’ve mostly learned that I want to avoid things that puncture my skin and when you’re fighting for real, there are no such things as ‘cheap moves’.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I’m pretty good at picking things up and faking it. So, that’s been a help and that’s not so much a skill as a knack for LOOKING skilled. The closest thing I have in training is the whole acrobatic, tumbling background and that’s surprisingly helpful. I got that when I was a kid, gonna go pro, the whole nine yards. I’ve picked up a bit of stuff on the streets for breaking into places, boosting cars… No, I mean in the pursuit of bad guys! Not for kicks, jeez.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I’ve never done anything else and it doesn’t pay the bills - hence the living on the streets. I dunno if the Claremont thing is really going to change the course of my life all that much but at the moment, I really have no marketable skills. Well, none I would sell. I could probably be a decent bodyguard at this point, if one was willing to hire a sixteen year old to do that.

What is your preferred combat style?

Anything goes, whatever works and jabbing your thumb in someone’s eye is always acceptable. I don’t have any formal training but I am getting very good at applying my fist to various parts of another person’s anatomy. 

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

I have not.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I want to sneak better. And be better at finding people that I’m looking for. I constantly want to improve on what I am. 

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I generally try and learn although I can be an impatient student when I get frustrated with my own limitations. It’s almost always self focused then. I don’t begrudge people their skills or experience. Though, I admit, when the roles are reversed, I can grow frustrated with a person’s lack of experience. Especially if it puts them or others in danger. 

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Before I came to Claremont, I spent my days catching naps here and there between trying to scrounge up food and sometimes tracking down news of people I was looking for, or folks that might need help. Now that I’m doing the school thing, there’s a lot more structure. On the weekends, though, nothing’s keeping me out of the Fens. As to the disruptions, I'm kind of used to having no set schedule, it's the whole structured day that's weird to me.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Not really. It’s kind of an all-the-time sort of thing although there’s some muttering at Claremont that I may end up with some proscribed ‘student activities’. I blame the therapist. 

What do you do for fun?

Sometimes I hang out on top of one of those nightclubs and listen to the music thump in between waiting for a drug deal to go down in the back alley… What? That’s fun. I have lots of fun.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I have a costume. Ish. I have an old black t-shirt that I poked some eyeholes in for a mask and there’s this shirt with a bird on it that I wear under my jacket… It’s not like every Christmas, the League flies over the city, dropping brand new costumes onto all the little heroes who have been very good this last year. 

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I don’t wear the shirt on my head for a mask. Other than that, its pretty much the same faded jeans, patched jacket attire. It’s not the best separation but its not like I do that much as Robin these days. 

What do you wear to bed most nights?

…the same thing… I sleep on rooftops in my clothes. Because that way I still have clothes when I wake up. 

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

I have my mom and dad’s wedding bands on a chain around my neck. They’re simple gold bands with worn inscriptions on the inside. I keep it on since I don’t really trust it to be there if I take it off. 

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Around my neck. In my backpack. On me as much as possible and when I have to stash the backpack, I put it someplace that its hard to reach so I have a damn good chance of it not going wandering off in someone else's possession.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I’m usually taking public transportation. Sometimes inside the bus, sometimes on the roof. In a real emergency, I’ll hotwire a car but I always put it back!

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 

No, I don’t have any possessions that need to be taken care of, nor any next of kin to notify. 

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Well, that’s a creepy question. My dental records maybe? I don’t imagine it much matters one way or another if my head’s been pasted into a fine red mist though. 

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

For helping people. I think if I had a gravestone, I’d want it to read. “Robin Chevalier. She tried.”

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, I think I do a hell of a lot more good than harm. I actually help people. That's more than a lot of folks can say. 

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My morals, my willingness to try even if its not always the best or most effective route, at least I put myself out there.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I’m impatient. I’m driven. I’m pretty sure a legit education would probably make my life easier. 

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice…

Look, kid, you’ve got the heart of a lion, but if you don’t find some sort of balance, you’re going to end up in a shallow grave. I know that you’re kind of okay with right now, but it’s the last thing your parents would have wanted. Being a hero is great. It’s who you are at this point, but just because you buried the people you love doesn’t mean you crawl in the grave with them.