Flynn blinked, a little surprised at how friendly the girl's welcome was. He was used to being told to push off more often than not. It was refreshing, though it made him feel the need to raise his own walls higher. "Flynn." He wasn't sure how he would be received by a group of people where a levitating case was normal. He didn't really have powers, at least nothing he could control.

At least not without the suit. 

Still, the Hogwarts reference wasn't wasted in him and in fact helped ease some of his tension. He took a breath and decided that a fresh start was the best start. He wanted to make this good. "Maybe.... but unfortunately no magic powers to help me dispose of the evidence though. " He manages an unsure half smile. "No.... it's got what got me here I guess. A powered suit... that I made.... padded by some clothes. It's not fancy but its what I had to keep it safe on my way through the Fens." And there it was, a little more honesty than he probably needed. Flynn cleared his throat, unsure if that would change how any of them thought of him.

And then the guy had appeared.... and Flynn got the feeling he was probably way out of his league. Would he be able to keep up with people who could do that?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following Whoop-Ant to the common room, Jimmy reflected that, at least, he knew he was getting taken along the quickest path. Which meant he had to pull his suitcases less. It didn't make him feel much better, but it helped, since at least he could imagine a worse situation. 

When he reached the room, he took a quick few-minute pause, then scanned down the list til he found his name and room. As suspected, he'd gotten a medical exemption and a solo room as well. It was a bit of a bummer, but hey, at least it would keep other people from complaining about getting irradiated. 

A short jaunt to drag his stuff up to his room and set up what needed setting up, and Jimmy was right back downstairs, lurking in the common room and waiting for Whoop-Ant's tour.

Cathy gentle dodged and weaved through the crowd until she got within sight of the room allocations . As she did she wondered who she’d get as a roommate all of the girls she’d met seemed so sure and confident, whilst she felt there frumpy hick cousin with no clue in the world. And there must be other girls who started here that she hadn’t even met yet, who might be oodles cooler that the everyone she’d met. She followed the names down until she found her own listed, Clouston, C (Frostbyte).

“I’m with someone called Sanderson, R.”

"That's me," Raina offered with a quick wave of her hand and a sardonic grin. "Looks like you and I will be spending some quality time together. You'll be happy to know my stuff doesn't take up a lot of room, but I hope you're not allergic to pet hair." She gave Cathy an appraising look. "Clouston, huh? Well, I guess we better get a look at our room and drop off our stuff. I call top bunk." She made her way through the crowd to collect their keys, her suitcase nudging people aside as it went. 

"Sweet." Huang replied when Whoop Ant revealed his singular status.  Sharing space was not his strong suit and he'd been dreading the necessity.  He ambled over to the lists to find his room number at least and looked over the list to see if he recognized any names in the nearby rooms before glancing around the room to see how the others he'd met had been paired up or what not.  "Well this isn't so bad after all."  he noted with an easy smile nodding to the others in an aproximation of a friendly manner that hopefully read that way rather than predatory but who knew really.

Once inside, Flynn decided that he was done dragging around his trunk. It was heavy and awkward and he most definitely did not have super strength.... Well, the suit did make him a bit stronger. A pleasant but not entirely intentional result of the suits physical enhancements. He was aiming for speed, but when he got a bit of enhanced strength in the mix he most definitely didn't fix it. 

It didn't help him then though. So the teenager made his way through the crowd, trying not to run over too many toes on his way to check the board. He found his name and room number, not even pausing long enough to see if he had a room mate or not. He didn't care at this point, he was just done with the trunk. His talent, his power in a way, was his suit. It's what got him here, was what made him special. As much as he didn't want to drag that trunk around, he also didn't want to just leave it sitting all alone in his room. He had no idea how long the tour would take or what would happen....

But at the same time he was afraid they might think he was crazy for putting it on just so that he wasn't the 'defenseless normal person'. He hated himself even for the thought as he lugged his trunk into his new room. It was empty. A pair of unclaimed beds waiting for their new owners to set up shop. So he did. Flynn shucked off his backpack and flopped onto the bed farthest from the door. He had a couple of minutes so he would spend it doing this.

Cathy grabbed her bag and chased after Raina, opting to weave through the crowd rather than force her way through. Her large overstuffed back did make it’s presence felt causing a few miffed folks following her progres.

Sorry... Sorry” she finally caught up to the other girl. “Clouston a classic name for the islands.”

She had been a little worried after the little spat earlier, but Raina seemed pretty friend right now. She was just waiting now for the right time to mention her little “condition”.

"Islands, huh?" Raina repeated, navigating her way up the stairs to the second floor. "I'm assuming from your accent you dont' mean the Carribean islands. And, you know, the whole lack of a tan thing." Her lips twitched with amusement as she took in Cathy's white, white skin. "Scotland, I'm guessing? Never been there, but I went to England once and Ireland once. She unlocked the door to their new shared dorm room. It was very simple, two bunked beds, two dressers, two desks, two chairs, two closets. Raina immediately moved towards the desk and dresser on the left, letting her suitcase fall onto the dresser with  a soft thud. "Man, welcome to prison," she muttered, slouching into the desk chair. "This place is dire." 

“Aye I’m from the Shetland island right up in the North of Scotland, until now I’ve never been further south than Inverness. My skin been like this since I got my powers, were not all Morlocks up in the islands.”

When Raina open the door Cathy dumped her bad on the floor and jumped on one of the bed, enjoying the bounce of a nice new mattress. She was sure that her one back home had been in the family in generations.

“I don’t see the problem this place is larger than my bedroom back home, and it’s so modern looking. I love it!”

"If your idea of modern is the 1998 Rejected by Ikea collection," Raina groused. "Back home, I had a bathroom this size, and much more attractively decorated. I bet the mattresses are like rocks." She heaved a sigh and stood up again, opened her suitcase and began to carefully tuck her clothing into the drawers. Her carefully gathered magic components and her last remaining journal all went into the top drawer of the desk for safekeeping. A beautifully framed professional portrait of Raina and her parents went in pride of place atop the desk, the three handsome people beaming out from it seemingly untouchable by tragedy. "I wonder if we're supposed to go eat in the cafeteria for dinner."