Parkside Angels (OOC)

Do we have a particular goal in mind with things? That might help me decided how I want to come in (I am sort of leaning torwards something more basic than I was before)

Good question. I could see this going one of two ways:

1. As Jack suggested in the original thread, someone might freak out over Kizzy's appearance, i.e. they see her lying in the park and have a minor freak out over her black tendrily things, which leads to a classic 'first we fight, then we're friends' kinda deal.

2. An outside agency causes us all to respond to a threat at the same time. I'm now thinking of the scene at the end of The Incredibles when the Underminer's mole ship bursts out of the ground :D It could be an NPC (which I suppose I could run) or a villainous PC.

Which do we prefer? I could go wither way, but I think I lean towards the second; other options are of course available, too.

Hmmm, I don't know if you guys are full up but mayhaps I could join in. I still have finals all this week, so I'll post slowly at first but I'll pick up next week. I don't know if the even is already decided but I wanted either one of my chars to break the peace. If it is Ronin I thought it might be interesting to have him get into a fight with demons in the middle of the park that maybe he had been chasing all day. Or with Ronin the same thing but he gets into a shootout with people who are chasing him. The story details I can work out in no time. As a mercenary Ronin has plenty of enemies and you can assume that anyone who shoots at him has a pretty good reason to.

Hmmm, I don't know if you guys are full up but mayhaps I could join in. I still have finals all this week, so I'll post slowly at first but I'll pick up next week. I don't know if the even is already decided but I wanted either one of my chars to break the peace. If it is Ronin I thought it might be interesting to have him get into a fight with demons in the middle of the park that maybe he had been chasing all day. Or with Ronin the same thing but he gets into a shootout with people who are chasing him. The story details I can work out in no time. As a mercenary Ronin has plenty of enemies and you can assume that anyone who shoots at him has a pretty good reason to.

I think this sounds really cool; the idea of a firefight erupting in broad daylight, ala the bank heist in Heat, sounds really good.

Actually, I am going to have to say that I am not interested in having Ronin show up. Sorry Warmonger, but I am not very big on PvP.

Hmm, okay. Well we can have something similar happen without a player character involved; Warmonger could still run the baddies if he chose, or myself or another GM. Maybe I will update the thread in Campaign discussion, looking for an (un)friendly GM to put us through our paces. :D

No pvp. That isn't what I intended.

My original plan isn't quite hashed out yet but this is what I was thinking.

The girls are all at the park. Then they notice a big comotion as a vehicle haven't decided if its flying or grounded comes ripping thought hte park, trailing smoke being pursued by some villains. (haven;t decided if it was a few powerful villains like the power pack or just a large group of heavily armed mooks) anyway they finally disable the vehicle. Ronin jumps out of it and begins returning fire all right in the middle of the park. The girls all being heros move to diffuse the situation.

They beat the bad guys for now or maybe they go running because they didn't expect such heavy resistance. Either way the situation is temproarily diffused. (I couldn't decide whether ronin peacefully ceases fire or the girls stop him). Now the next leg of the adventure is where I have the most trouble.

See I assume if they are chasing him it is because he A) stole somethign formt hem B)Killed someone or has a job to kill or rescue someone that they. C) has information about something the other villains wanted. So I coudln't decide whether they would willingly help him accomplish something good like a resuce even though he is only doing it for money, or if they want to interfere with somethign crooked that he might be involved with.

It wasn't a pvp as so much as a sort of uneasy alliance.

Well, that is a different situation.

I guess one question though is whether Ronin has a reputation as a criminal (or is wanted for any crimes)? Velocity has the Well Informed feat, so when she sees, she is technically allowed to make a Gather Information feat to see what she might know. (I didn't roll when meeting the others as Grim is in her secret ID, and I rather doubt Well Informed would really help know much about bike messengers (unless your an office administrator that uses them a lot and have heard about this new messanger from some other office admins :)) and Kizzy doesn't seem to have much in way of a reputation set up either (though I guess I should roll to see if Velocity heard about the Dryad incident :))

Ronin doesn't have any outstanding warrents iwth the FCPD but I imagine a DC 15 check might revela that he is listed as a mercenary in the freedom league files with a propensity for reckless behavior. DC 20 would reveal that he has worked for several crime bosses or super villains in the past as well as some private citizens who needed his services. Or whatever.

But I'm gettign a head of myself. What do you guys think of my idea or do you have any suggestions to help complete it?

Ronin doesn't have any outstanding warrents iwth the FCPD but I imagine a DC 15 check might revela that he is listed as a mercenary in the freedom league files with a propensity for reckless behavior. DC 20 would reveal that he has worked for several crime bosses or super villains in the past as well as some private citizens who needed his services. Or whatever.

But I'm gettign a head of myself. What do you guys think of my idea or do you have any suggestions to help complete it?

I like it, partly because it's different (I love uneasy alliances between heroes and villains) and partly because Grim always seems to be hanging out with bad guys and is maybe a bit too relaxed around them; this could add an interesting flavor to future reactions if the three girls all end up on the same team ;)

That all sounds pretty good Warmonger. One thing about the Power Corps though, is they could prove a bit tough for Grim (I have had to fight one of them with a PL 6 character (and one that was boosted to above PL 6 caps even) and I lost badly.) So might be best if we come up with something that is a combination of tougher oppoents and not quite as tough opponents.

Is the dark purple easier to read then the black? I forgot that the default color scheme was a dark blue.

For me personally, whatever shade you're using for your character in the 'Back to the Present' thread is best, I have to highlight your text to read it otherwise.

By the way, I see that I was an idiot; I was assuming this was a weekday, since Lynn is at work, but both Megan and Kizzy are students, so of course this would be the weekend for them, since they wouldn't blow off school. Rather than have you guys make any adjustments, I will assume Lynn is working a few hours on a Saturday for some extra cash ;)

That all sounds pretty good Warmonger. One thing about the Power Corps though, is they could prove a bit tough for Grim (I have had to fight one of them with a PL 6 character (and one that was boosted to above PL 6 caps even) and I lost badly.) So might be best if we come up with something that is a combination of tougher oppoents and not quite as tough opponents.

Just tossing a name out. I'm thinking, maybe two PL 10 Baddies so Velocity and Jak have something to cut their teeth on. And Maybe some mooks for Ronin and Grim.